Question for MA (or anyone who knows it)

Me Really Never

Stalker
Banned
Okay so hunting profession got lots of info on how the mechanics work. i think thats a good thing. but now id like to know one thing about mining and i hope that MA will clear this up.

when extracting a claim, does the decay from the extractor go right into MAs pocket, back into the loot pool with a % to MA or is it somehow calculated into future claims, as it seems to be the case in hunting with decay? cos right now theres basically only a very small amount of extractors that should be used at all... the tt one, the adj, imp and mod and maybe the rockripper goldrush and M05 SGA edition. but thats about it.

when looking at lyst like claims (1 pec per stone) you lose about 4% in claims value with the RE-105 for example. opposed to only roughly 1% with tt extractor. and 3% is kinda a huge amount so theres no really any motivation to use bigger extractor than the tt one unless you can afford to spend 2k peds+ to obtain one of the mentioned ones. while only the adj and imp excav are more eco than the tt one. i think that gap is by far too huge and there should be something done about it.

now i was thinking i could use for example an RE-103 and put some enhancer on it to make it worthwhile. and then i was checking which enhancers are available and there are only speed enhancers... why? those are the most useless ones when you dont want to throw money away. why are there no efficiency, or eco enhancers? those might mix it up a bit and might make other excavators a little better and also create a new demand for resources for tiering medium excavators and for making those enhancers. i hope there will be done something about it or we get some clearing up on what is done with extractor decay.

the only way i've been able to quantify it is excavator decay being pure waste (i.e. not paid back).

I'd love some mining TT return statistics too.. we got them for hunting after loot 2.0... i want them for mining and crafting as well..

I'd hope returns are consistent across all professions.

Fairly certain mining is 100% TT return on amps+probes. Unsure about Finder + excavator.

Excavator cost 2 ped out of 800ped TT run. Seriously who is counting. Even with mod it would barely crack 6 ped.

Indoors and Taxed areas obfuscate these figures.

Fairly certain mining is 100% TT return on amps+probes. Unsure about Finder + excavator.

Excavator cost 2 ped out of 800ped TT run. Seriously who is counting. Even with mod it would barely crack 6 ped.

well when extracting a 2k ped lyst hof your extraction cost with RE 105 would be 80 peds. thats quite a bit. considering alt has the same tt value as lyst per stone you would lose 4% of tt value using it. and the tt one is dead slow, especially on big hits. so it would be nice to know what other options there are apart from paying 3k or more for one of the very few better extractors.

Yes the comparison calc for the extracting amount on pec per use is kinda shifted when you use bigger drillers

its like 1 pec more the higher you get ...re101=1pec,re102=2 pec..etc....(around value)

bit its like this since years or even the beginning...the tt one was/is the best but when you have to drill up a huge amount it take like hours more time than using it with a re-104 or 105...thats the price difference you pay for the time saved up digging :cool:

and yes..eco enhancer would be a nice addon also...but tbh...i used my driller for long time and only got to tier 1.4 soo even with those enhancers...i wouldnt get a benefit throught them...(does someone have a "normal"driller on tier 8 or such?)

My numbers indicate mining returns fall between 92-99% like hunting.. over an immense timeline. It's all on how consistent you are, but no player should achieve less than 92% on amp/probe input.

If excavator decay is returned in loot, it's merely added to the pool like the rest of decay (such as fapping and armor decay)... it then falls on the avatar to pick up that extra ped in hofs and whatever else. Over an infinite timeline, a player mining untaxed with the same ped/drop cost should achieve 99% TT returns.

I personally use the mod excavator and it costs me ~0.34% TT return every month... Highly negligible considering the boost to cycle speed it provides me.

My numbers indicate mining returns fall between 92-99% like hunting.. over an immense timeline. It's all on how consistent you are, but no player should achieve less than 92% on amp/probe input.

If excavator decay is returned in loot, it's merely added to the pool like the rest of decay (such as fapping and armor decay)... it then falls on the avatar to pick up that extra ped in hofs and whatever else. Over an infinite timeline, a player mining untaxed with the same ped/drop cost should achieve 99% TT returns.

I personally use the mod excavator and it costs me ~0.34% TT return every month... Highly negligible considering the boost to cycle speed it provides me.

did you back-calculate to factor in LA tax?

Excavator costs will drop if you search for highTT ores - but then the variance of the 92%-98% could be directly correlated.

E.g. valurite 6 ped stone vs lyst 0.01ped/stone, I willl get an average loss of 10-20% using the same amp setup if they are level 8s (conssistent 13-14ped IX claims)

did you back-calculate to factor in LA tax?

Excavator costs will drop if you search for highTT ores - but then the variance of the 92%-98% could be directly correlated.

E.g. valurite 6 ped stone vs lyst 0.01ped/stone, I willl get an average loss of 10-20% using the same amp setup if they are level 8s (conssistent 13-14ped IX claims)

Yeah this is correct and what I've noticed. TT return does not move when farming high tt stuff with my mod exc that get sucked up in 1-2 pulls vs. alt farming which is ~15 pulls... if it's paid back at all, it's just added to the pool and you can then pick it back up in swirls.

i think tax works the same way here... One player might pay 1000 ped in tax and be down 3.5k overall, and then you get on the LA and hof for 1500 ped and end up +1100 on the LA so you don't feel the tax.

Since personal loot pools don't exist there isn't a way to track an individual avatar's contribution to tax the same way you can't track an individual's excavator decay added to the pool. All we know is that MA takes a % of that decay and the rest is put back into the pool

Since personal loot pools don't exist there isn't a way to track an individual avatar's contribution to tax the same way you can't track an individual's excavator decay added to the pool. All we know is that MA takes a % of that decay and the rest is put back into the pool

MA do track individual decay, which is especially relevant now in 2.0.

In hunting (preloot 2.0) I would see the TT cost of enhancer decay paid back in loot. The tricky thing about their loot function is they don't return all your costs in the next mob, kind of like a running total. So you might see the decay returned in a few enhanced loots. I wonder with Level 8s the X I find every now and then instead of IX is possibly related.

MA do track individual decay, which is especially relevant now in 2.0.

In hunting (preloot 2.0) I would see the TT cost of enhancer decay paid back in loot. The tricky thing about their loot function is they don't return all your costs in the next mob, kind of like a running total. So you might see the decay returned in a few enhanced loots. I wonder with Level 8s the X I find every now and then instead of IX is possibly related.

IX-X with lvl 8s is just standard loot variance. I don't think excavator and refiner decay is paid back, but my logs indicate it must be some how. I don't wanna believe it but math doesn't lie. Personal kickback and noob luck is real too though, so idk what to believe anymore.

Back