Question for MS owners

babaroga1x

Provider
Society
The Knights of Entropia
Igor Babaroga1x
Hi!

Imagine space where logout is disabled and pirates can destroy motherships and loot stackables....

Imagine space where patches are still not implemented and motherships have weakspots...

My question for MS owners is:

Would you be ready to go in convoys (5 - 6 motherships plus half a dozen privaters) once or twice a week so trade between planets doesnt stop?

Would you be ready to split profit in that way and protect each other?

Yes / No?

Simple question...

I strongly believe that human organisation can solve many problems MA decides to bring us.

Baba:wise:

The day a game removes logout, it'll probably remove the majority of its players, and become un-viable financially.

Who needs convoys when you have 25K SI/section and 50 repairmen :D

Doubt there'd be enough pirates out there to take a ship like that down.

well there are already two "factions" in the transport business that seem to be well on the way to being capable of organising in this way with a third that has started more recently but also seems to be making a serious effort.

Hi!

Would you be ready to go in convoys (5 - 6 motherships plus half a dozen privaters) once or twice a week so trade between planets doesnt stop?

Would you be ready to split profit in that way and protect each other?

Yes / No?

:

sure not... they dont have that much time and crew at all... but its not necessary... 2 ppl with RK20 at each station... and SI above 50 K... nobody will be able to destroy that.

Who needs convoys when you have 25K SI/section and 50 repairmen :D

Doubt there'd be enough pirates out there to take a ship like that down.

problem is not number of repairman....

problem is if they remove logout and implement some other kind of transport trough space where people can be looted, there will be enough pirates who will try to eran money trough pirating...

and then you need good skilled crew on your cannons... and motherships have weakspots.... normandie, as one of biggest ships was taken down... so its possible...

i am interested in posibility of 5 - 6 motherships protecting the main mothership with their cannons...
then you have safe and reliable transport over space.... everything else is BS...

sure not... they dont have that much time and crew at all... but its not necessary... 2 ppl with RK20 at each station... and SI above 50 K... nobody will be able to destroy that.

Normandie was taken down.... and i believe one of EFA MS ships was taken down....

will owners of motherships cooperate together for benefits of their customers or will their competition endanger travelers across space?

You all forget that pirates have limited amount of ammo to shoot with.. they'll get tired of wasting all their ammo on ships that are just luring them into PvP without any loot.

You all forget that pirates have limited amount of ammo to shoot with.. they'll get tired of wasting all their ammo on ships that are just luring them into PvP without any loot.

in my opening post, i said what if ships and travelers could be looted (no logout)...

i am proactively asking MS owners will they cooperate... they can even make a cartel, i dont care... but i wouldnt like to get robed...

TBH, Before Log-out is removed they need to make alot of changes - ie the MS turrets - as currently is poorly designed allowing MS to be shot at without being able to shoot back.

OFC many MS owner will have thought;
"what if they remove it without changing the gun layout?" But I have faith that MA wouldnt make an error like that.

Also remember that alot of the MS have came along way since the early pirate gangs. Many have almost doubled thier SI since - and many have crews who have been on board for over a year - with lots now using the RK20's.

2 RK20's can repair more than a quad can shoot.

Many of the big transport providers have fleets now also, ToS for example before long will have 2 strong, crewed battle ready MS.

Normandie was taken down.... and i believe one of EFA MS ships was taken down....

will owners of motherships cooperate together for benefits of their customers or will their competition endanger travelers across space?

i thought the normandie was taken down when it wasnt (properly) crewed? i also read they are doing a lot to grow their service.
and the last time i travelled with EFA and pirates attempted to delay the warp other ships in the service warped in, quads were sent out, and the flight was not delayed. last time i checked there were now 3 MS and a privateer in the EFA cooperative.
so i think MS owners are already working together and are planning ahead.

It's impossible for an online game to make it so that logout is impossible. As long as there is an internet, there will always be the possibility that an internet connection will become disconnected at some point in time.

Could they make it so that if you log out in space your next log in will be on the nearest planet in the starter non-pvp zone - safe from pirates - potentially... but that's going to irritate a lot of people since someone with bad or laggy internet connection would never be able to move to a different planet ever.... unless maybe they reimplement the interplanetary tps again.

Of course we would help each other out if needed, we are on the same side.
I was offered assistance by the bigger operations while I was waiting for my Ships SI upgrades to take place, and I would help them in situations where I was needed as well.

The scenario you present isn't logical though, so wont bring out the answers you are looking for.

1 Ship is stronger than 6 (or however many you want to split the crews among)
So in your scenario the logical approach would be to consolidate the crews on to fewer ships for the best chances of defense.

This however screws not only the free market of spaceship ownership (will create unbreakable monopolies) but screws over a large portion of the player base who cant log in for that 1 flight a day because of time zones, work, rl, etc....

For space to work it can not be a monopoly.
For space to work it has to be accessible to everyone at all times.

I think you also underestimate the sizes of the operations already in existence.
TOS has 2 motherships
EFA has 4-5 or more motherships and privateers
EntropiaTransport.com has a mothership + a privateer

All of these 'fleets' have ships well in excess of 20k SI, and Normandie and Kronan are many times that over. (possibly others, I'm not sure)

'Fleets' already exist with their own ranks and power structures in place, there is no need for them to 'band together' because they already have their own 'fleets' in place.

You think the graveyard at CSS is bad now, just wait till the 10-20 ships that are currently active get parked there to band on two or three ships.... :scratch2::scratch2: how would that benefit the game in any way?

narfi

Logout will never be disabled, because it's not only absurd (a game cannot interfere with player's real life), but simply is impossible - you can't disable the "power" button on the player's router or the "disable the connection" option in the Windows network settings.

i thought the normandie was taken down when it wasnt (properly) crewed?

That is correct. There were 12-15 quads attacking, and very few repairers on board the Normandie. I recall that I was alone on reactor when it went down. Even so, it was several minutes before the quads could shoot their 2-3k ped of ammo at the ship. The ship is now some 30-40% higher SI, and if logout is ever removed, there'll be more repairers per station. And as Bonnie said, there will have to be a lot more changes before MA could remove logout in space. And MA has a horrible track record of fixing bugs in space.

The reason Normandie was taken down over half a year ago while she had about 40% of her current structural integrity was not because of low amount of repaircrew alone. It was mainly because of the misuse of gunning range that this could happen with quads firing most of the time from a distance where gunners couldnt hit back.
Those quads where chartered by outside funding and the expense to bring Normandie down was about 2k peds.

We have been attacked one time half way seriously while we were docked at atmosphere and had even less repaircrew and we totally owned the pirates as they were unable to use gunning range to their advantage with our weak backside turned towards the planet - since then there has never been a serious attack on Normandie while we were at atmosphere cause pirates know that even when Normandie would have no crew at all and i would be alone on the ship i could still fight off 6 or 7 quads without worries - but with crew included even 20 quads would not have a chance.
With a fixed gunning range for motherships and adjusted access to our backside gun turrets we sure would be able to provide safe transports through space like we always have done - there is a reason why Normandie has provided safe transport to 100% of her passengers which is an amazing crew of repairers, gunners and captains and most of them ready to launch their fighters when the need arrises but also because of being the most upgraded ship in the universe with the highest structural integrity and being the only ship in the universe with an warp drive IV piloted by the highest skilled captains in space.

If mindark would disable logged out transport of loot (not the logout itself but the transport part, by rtelocating stackables to the last station an avatar was registered to in case he logs) all transport services have alot of ways on how to make sure their transports are safe - utilizing their fleets, si upgrades, skilled gunner teams, fighter squads and the support of each other where needed - but how it will be done will be up to the transport services and what they are capable of.

I Believe that the last VU (or the one before) increased MS gun range to equal that of a quad. At least, thats what Sbi said :wise:

everyday I log in to PCS someone is talking about "removing the log out" feature.

Do you guys think if you keep repeating the same bullshit day in and day out you'll talk MA into it?

If you do, I hope they give us a heads up ahead of time so we can gather up our stuff from the different planets and give us time to sell out beforehand. ;)

There's not enough MS's and Quads in EU to talk me into putting k's of ped at risk by flying live through space. Only a moron would do that. :laugh:

I Believe that the last VU (or the one before) increased MS gun range to equal that of a quad. At least, thats what Sbi said :wise:

They increased the gunning range for motherships - aye - and they increased the gunning range for quads ;)

Then logout will be removed SI will be primary factor as Mindark said.
I dont worry to much, because then it will happen i will have more than 100k si on ship.

everyday I log in to PCS someone is talking about "removing the log out" feature.

Do you guys think if you keep repeating the same bullshit day in and day out you'll talk MA into it?

If you do, I hope they give us a heads up ahead of time so we can gather up our stuff from the different planets and give us time to sell out beforehand. ;)

There's not enough MS's and Quads in EU to talk me into putting k's of ped at risk by flying live through space. Only a moron would do that. :laugh:

<removed> before i have no Mothership i traded width my quad and at a time been over 10k tt worth alternative in pockets and dont seen any problems. Need to use brains, its why god give it to hummans bigger. Right now there much motherships who have really big SI and even if you see ship attacked by all active 6 pirates you still able to logout at red MS HP line. <removed> As i see you dont have any understanding about space travel and pvp and probably not even been in space, <removed> because there are real problems and real things who should be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

The day you have to trust the mother ship owner with your loot, because logout feature has been removed. and some funky method of storing YOUR loot in the owners ship, (so it can be looted) has been implemented.

This is the scenario we will have.

MS owner - /tr come fly on my ship pay me xx peds for SAFE mother ship flight

Customers - here take our peds, hold my loot I don't want to lose it!

MS owner - /priave msg to pirate leader (ok I have 40k of loot on my ship, come kill me!

Pirate - Arg! prepare to be boarded and pillaged ARG! give me your booty!

customers - oh no! my loot is in the ship hold and I cant get it, I can only watch this pirate team "steal" it!

Pirate - /private msg to MS owner, Hey man that was fun, you really made it look like you were fighting back! here come get your 20k of loot.

The day you have to trust the mother ship owner with your loot, because logout feature has been removed. and some funky method of storing YOUR loot in the owners ship, (so it can be looted) has been implemented.

MS owner - /priave msg to pirate leader (ok I have 40k of loot on my ship, come kill me!

customers - oh no! my loot is in the ship hold and I cant get it, I can only watch this pirate team "steal" it!

Pirate - /private msg to MS owner, Hey man that was fun, you really made it look like you were fighting back! here come get your 20k of loot.

Except mothership owners have a reputation to uphold. Most motherships have a 100% success rating in getting passengers and their loot from one planet to another to maintain. If a mothership owner wanted to steal the loot from their passengers, they can already kick them off the guest list mid flight and loot them with no expense if they want.

Travel with avatars that have a good reputation I guess... :)

Don't go travel on a mothership owned by a "Pirate" society? =D

Back