Question!!??

SoulSeekerUSA

Mature
Rob SoulSeeker USA
So I download this game for free and install it create a character still without investing a dime(PED) then I go out kill some things and look for items sell them then in a year or two when I have tons of PED’s I can cash out for real cash and still I do not invest a dime? Tell me this is true because if it is I have just found my dream game. :D

-Thanks-

not quite that easy im afraid.

in order to hunt, mine, craft you you will need peds, 100ped = $10

hunting isnt really very profitable, but you could always be a trader, although you could work up from nothing a 100ped would give you some cash to start with ;)

hunting cost money, you pay for the entertainment, thats my view on hunting anyway :)

Yes. :)

However... Lets say you start off sweating (to make the first free money) and then decide you want to hunt....

You'll buy an axe, go and attack animals, and hopefully get loot.
Your axe will decay every time you use it.
If you're going to make money, you want your loots to be greater than the cost of your weapon plus repair costs. In most people's experience, this isn't the case, although you could get lucky ;)

As for buying items to sell later.. you have to really know the market, then actually find a person selling low, and somebody to buy high.
This takes time - and in the meantime, watching the auction or reading the repeated messages from people selling their wares in the cities will bore you so much you'll wish you'd deposited instead ;)

SoulSeekerUSA said:
So I download this game for free and install it create a character still without investing a dime(PED) then I go out kill some things and look for items sell them then in a year or two when I have tons of PED’s I can cash out for real cash and still I do not invest a dime? Tell me this is true because if it is I have just found my dream game. :D

-Thanks-

Theorically, you are right. But how can you kill those monsters which are much much larger than you? By your hands (free)?

IC, I am having trouble downloading it anyway so maybe it is not worth it and I am not going to wait forever to get my card approved. So you have to pay to hunt, and when you hunt you may not even break even, have to say that sucks.

So I cannot just go out and find creatures to kill and loot, who is it I pay to do this?

-Thanks-

PS
WOW, that ftp server has some very serious issues.

Start off sweating. You'll be able to sell these around 2 cents a bottle, and you can gather hundreds of bottles. You use that money to buy your weapon if you're sure you don't want to deposit ;)

As for your credit card - if you don't get it approved, you can still deposit $10 a month (if I understand correctly).

As for the server - the game has been highly publicized this last day or two, so there are a LOT of people looking / downloading.

Tina said:
Start off sweating. You'll be able to sell these around 2 cents a bottle, and you can gather hundreds of bottles. You use that money to buy your weapon if you're sure you don't want to deposit ;)

As for your credit card - if you don't get it approved, you can still deposit $10 a month (if I understand correctly).

As for the server - the game has been highly publicized this last day or two, so there are a LOT of people looking / downloading.

So can you eventually get self sufficient to where you are making more then you spend?

Self sufficient? With a lot of luck, and a lot of patience.

After a certain time you reach a limit in sweat gathering (long after you're bored sick of doing it). You can always collect dung or fruit (though you could walk all day and only find one piece), or try to get oil (but you may be shot by other players, as the oil rig is in a PvP zone).
So at this point you have to hunt, mine, trade, etc. This comes with a loss (ammo, weapon/tool/armour decay) and the profit (loot) varies.. sometimes you don't get any.
Of course, it's possible that your first kill will have a HOF or very very large loot, in which case you're set :laugh:

Better to think of this as a game where you can do almost anything you want, so it's worth sticking the odd deposit in here and there :)

SoulSeekerUSA said:
So can you eventually get self sufficient to where you are making more then you spend?

I think it's possible. Read the news about the space station. One purchsed it @ 1 million (US$100,000). However, he said his 3/4 ped are earned from PE, not his really $$$. So that means if he didn't buy the space station, then he made 750,000 (US$75,000) from PE. Not bad though!!

Last edited:
Tina said:
Self sufficient? With a lot of luck, and a lot of patience.

After a certain time you reach a limit in sweat gathering (long after you're bored sick of doing it).

So at that point you cannot gather sweat anymore?

gd1b said:
I think it's possible. Read the news about the space station. One purchsed it @ 1 million (US$10,000). However, he said his 3/4 ped are earned from PE, not his really $$$. So that means if he didn't buy the space station, then he made 750,000 (US$75,000) from PE. Not bad though!!

Try $100,000 USD for space station...

gd1b said:
I think it's possible. Read the news about the space station. One purchsed it @ 1 million (US$10,000). However, he said his 3/4 ped are earned from PE, not his really $$$. So that means if he didn't buy the space station, then he made 750,000 (US$75,000) from PE. Not bad though!!

Not too sure where you're getting your information from...

Neverdie bought the space station for 1 Million PED... thats correct, but that is $100 000.... not $10 000.
As for making $75 000, not too sure where that came from...

Well I take it the server is down, the main website is dead and I cannot get the game to ftp down at all.

I think it's overloaded because of the CNN.com story :)

Beki said:
I think it's overloaded because of the CNN.com story :)

Sorry, its probably because of people like me, coming to check out the game... :banghead:

Eheast said:
Sorry, its probably because of people like me, coming to check out the game... :banghead:

Well when I start to install it the ftp server gets half way then it shuts off. It has done this about 30 times now.

another soul shattered in pieces, when reality of PE hits.

:kos:

SoulSeekerUSA said:
So at that point you cannot gather sweat anymore?
Yes thats right after the new VU MA adjusted the levels again so people who where initally stopped could continue as the sweat level cap has been raised.

Back