Questions about COS

Magix

Alpha
Hi all,

I've been playing around with different bp's, and I noticed that the SIB bp's seem to have a higher COS than the non-Sib bps.

My questions:
1. Do regular SIB bp's have the same COS as an equivalent L bp?
2. Do regular SIB bp's have the highest COS at 100 qr or lower?
3. Can non-SIB bp's get as high a COS as SIB or L bp's?
4. My level is higher than the recommended level of a bp. Why isn't the bar dark green at full quantity?
5. At level 100 crafting and full condition, is it possible to get a non-red bar in any situation on any bp? What's the maximum? (Assuming the colors go something like: dark green, light green, yellow, orange, dark orange, red)

Thanks in advance.

Obviously if you have two blueprints at the same QR, one maxed on levels and the other not, these will not have the same COS. Unlike SIB counterparts, non-SIB level 1 blueprints do not max at level 5, so have lower COS if you are only slightly above level 5. Same for higher level BPs.

Hi all,

I've been playing around with different bp's, and I noticed that the SIB bp's seem to have a higher COS than the non-Sib bps.

My questions:
1. Do regular SIB bp's have the same COS as an equivalent L bp?
2. Do regular SIB bp's have the highest COS at 100 qr or lower?
3. Can non-SIB bp's get as high a COS as SIB or L bp's?
4. My level is higher than the recommended level of a bp. Why isn't the bar dark green at full quantity?
5. At level 100 crafting and full condition, is it possible to get a non-red bar in any situation on any bp? What's the maximum? (Assuming the colors go something like: dark green, light green, yellow, orange, dark orange, red)

Thanks in advance.

Max cos
Non sib bp = 89 cos
Sib bps = 94 cos
L bps = 94 cos

Non sib bps can be maxed by a mix of qr+skills, or with just skills ( not sure of the amaunts to just max with skills non sib bps )
L bps needs +5 required lvl profesion = 94 cos
SIB bps needs + 5 required lvl profesion + 100 qr to have same cos than L = 94 cos

Sib bps are maxed with skills once you reach + 5 lvls and cos cant be increase further by skills ( 81 cos ) , it needs qr them

Qr on Maxed Skills Cos
1 81
6,8 83
9,7 84
12,7 85
17,4 86
24,3 87
28,5 87
31 88
36,1 88
43,8 89
51 90
57,6 91
65,4 92
76,8 93
80,4 93
91,3 94
100 94

hope it helps

Last edited:
Some people asked me how i found out those COS numbers, to know your COS of a bp need to move the mouse pointer to the market red line area and it will display as shown on picture

so took some notes of some examples i have and found on auction

the skills mentioned above are not skill points right, it's profession level?

btw, do skill points really matter in chance of success or just profession level?

the skills mentioned above are not skill points right, it's profession level?

Yes, i wanted to meant profesion levels

btw, do skill points really matter in chance of success or just profession level?[/QUOTE]

Profesion and qr affect directly to COS, skills inderectly as they are the base of your profesion

Obviously if you have two blueprints at the same QR, one maxed on levels and the other not, these will not have the same COS. Unlike SIB counterparts, non-SIB level 1 blueprints do not max at level 5, so have lower COS if you are only slightly above level 5. Same for higher level BPs.

I thought you were maxed on a lvl0 or lvl1 bp, with or without SIB, when the QR was @ 100, with minimun lvl's stated on the bp are there then lvl's to max a bp, even when QR is 100, like weapons?

Max cos
Non sib bp = 89 cos
Sib bps = 94 cos
L bps = 94 cos

Non sib bps can be maxed by a mix of qr+skills, or with just skills ( not sure of the amaunts to just max with skills non sib bps )
L bps needs +5 required lvl profesion = 94 cos
SIB bps needs + 5 required lvl profesion + 100 qr to have same cos than L = 94 cos

Sib bps are maxed with skills once you reach + 5 lvls and cos cant be increase further by skills ( 81 cos ) , it needs qr them

Qr on Maxed Skills Cos
1 81
6,8 83
9,7 84
12,7 85
17,4 86
24,3 87
28,5 87
31 88
36,1 88
43,8 89
51 90
57,6 91
65,4 92
76,8 93
80,4 93
91,3 94
100 94

hope it helps

are you saying that, for example: my skills will be maxed on a lvl7 BP when my professional lvl for that BP reaches lvl12? and that my COS will be maxed when the QR = 100?

are you saying that, for example: my skills will be maxed on a lvl7 BP when my professional lvl for that BP reaches lvl12? and that my COS will be maxed when the QR = 100?

None sib bps can be maxed with skills and/or QR

SIB bps can only be maxed with around a minimum QR of 85, and of course the necessary skills.

Rgds

Ace

I think he meant to say x5 not +5.

So for a level 7 BP you need lvl 35 + QR 100 bp to get 94% cos.

At level 35 with a QR 1 bp your cos should be 81%

I think he meant to say x5 not +5.

So for a level 7 BP you need lvl 35 + QR 100 bp to get 94% cos.

At level 35 with a QR 1 bp your cos should be 81%

If there was a BP that had a start of SIB at level 7, then yes, levels wise that BP would be maxed at 12. There are two different levels in SIB blueprints:
  • the bp level, just the same as in non-sib BP-s
  • the profession level learning period starts at, just like for say sib guns

Level 3 SIB blueprints have a starting profession sib level of 7.5 and max at 12.5 levels.

Jehu actually made nice charts for SIB Calypso blueprints.

Ahhh, ok, I see, you meant +5 over the SIB start level. I assumed he was referring to a level VII bp, which according to entropedia would startsib at 15 and max at 20.

I am wrong with the whole x5 thing, but is there a relationship between the BP lvl and the SIB start level?

Ahhh, ok, I see, you meant +5 over the SIB start level. I assumed he was referring to a level VII bp, which according to entropedia would startsib at 15 and max at 20.

I am wrong with the whole x5 thing, but is there a relationship between the BP lvl and the SIB start level?

I'm not sure about there being a real relationship, for higher level BPs I think we have only examples from Calypso and we don't know how other planet BPs (or future Calypso BPs) end up being. The ladder so far is:

BP level Prof Level
1 0
2 2.5
3 5
4 7.5
5 10
6 12.5
7 15
8 17.5
9 20
10 22.5
11 30
12 44
13 57
14 71
15 85

So basicly ... +2.5 for next bp level until level 10, then + 7.5 to 11, then ~ +14 for next levels. 16 might be 99 or 100 (there are no such BPs), 17 would be around 115. Not sure what the actual highest engineering level in game is.

I'm not sure about there being a real relationship, for higher level BPs I think we have only examples from Calypso and we don't know how other planet BPs (or future Calypso BPs) end up being.

What I mean by this is, that we don't know that some other planet might not have level 11 .. 20 BPs that say cover the SIB range of 27.5 ... 72.5 in steps of 5 levels. Unless they intro high level BPs with same levels as Calypso, developers comment on it or there is a dev note, we have no real insight into Calypso vs system side of this.

None sib bps can be maxed with skills and/or QR

SIB bps can only be maxed with around a minimum QR of 85, and of course the necessary skills.

Rgds

Ace

Is my impression that the bp wont be maxed till reach 100, on araund 85 will be the point were it reaches 93.51 and so round up the info up to 94 but still will be a light difference

Looks like for non sib bps could be maxed with skills with ( lvl bp + 1 ) *5, not sure yet
lvl 10 for lvl 1 bp
lvl 15 for lvl 2 bp ...
lvl 35 for lvl 6 bp
lvl 40 for lvl 7 bp
lvl 45 for 8 ? will find out soon :)

Also looks like i found what it could be a bug as Reinforced Plate bp gives me different data that same category lvl 7 bps and some than 8 bps, looks like behaves like a lvl 8 bp being a 7, if other people could check this data in orders auction would be nice

Back