Questions for Berny @ CKI

Dion Red Strike

Stalker
Society
SoF
Dion Red Strike
Howdy howdy!

Berny from CKI has responded that he will do an interview! :yay:

I don't think anyone has anything negative to ask him, and I already have a bunch of questions in my head to ask him. However, par for the course, what do you all want to ask him??

I have no clue on his job description, no clue on what he does, so, once I've probbed him via emails, I will update this post with more info.

Regards,

~Red

At the point of release of their (first) planet, what kind of gameplay may we find there? Will it be different from EU as we know it now, and in that case in what way?

All your planets belong to me ... :D

When will the first tester/trailer be released? All Entropians are eager to see any screenshots/videos from the upcoming planet as well as CE2 ...

How will the new planet affect our current economic/biological/system/history on calypso?

Questions for Berny @ CKI :yay:

Q1) With CKIs extensive building background, will any potential city be designed with levels below ground using level design tricks to mould the terrain around the structures? :scratch2:

Q2) Any chance of skywalks, travelators and maybe a floating apartment building to challenge our existing architectural designs at the moment found in game? :scratch2:

Q3) Will any of the planets cities have distinct suburbs or will it be designed with housing surrounding a central mega mall and commerce areas? :scratch2:

Q4) What do you rate as the best overall city in the game right now and what building or building types do you like the look of? :scratch2:

Q5) Have you ever gamed before and if so what was your favourite game? :scratch2:

Q6) What influences would you say you will draw upon for the new planet and is there an overall feel to the planet? :scratch2:

Q7) If you had to write up some advertising blurb for a travel brochure to your planet - what would you write? :scratch2:

Q8) Will the signage in the planet environment be in English, Non-English or both? :scratch2:

Q9) Will you venture into Entropia Forum and take ideas, experiences and lessons learnt from players in an effort to perfect your world from a gamers viewpoint? :scratch2:

Q10) Producing 3D models for an environment as large as a planet and making credible level designs are two different things - how do you propose to bridge the gap from your client focused walkthroughs showing off your architecture to producing new and challenging levels that stimulate interest and return visits by players in our dynamic gaming universe? :scratch2:

Bags

Who is Berny and whats CKI?

Berny,
Do you get an employee discount on peds?

Who is Berny and whats CKI?

CKI = Creative Kingdom Inc. (The company making the new planet).

Berny is (to quote him directly) "basically David S.' from MindArks counterpart at Creative Kingdom". One of his posts can be found here.

Will the economy and currency for the new planet be linked to Eudoria?

Will commerce/trade between the current planet and the new one be possible without travelling to the new planet (such as a linked auction)?

And finally, welcome aboard CKI! I look forward to seeing what you have to offer!

New planets ROCK!!! :yay:

Blackjack :cowboy:

Will the CKI planet be a gaming planet, or have a gaming aspect, and if so, will we all be given an equal footing on its rollout or will we be playing against current entropians who have for whatever reason been given play time in advance of the rollout thus handicapping the rest of us.

My question to Berny @ CKI:

Who the hell are you? :D:D

Will the CKI planet be a gaming planet, or have a gaming aspect

weeeeell since they posted pictures of mob designs in some other thread... ;)

(well one at least)

Any news regarding this interview? :)

Yes, it will be sometime after the 18th... I have a lot of interviews setup for the end of this month and next..

Ok great! Thanks for the info ;)

weeeeell since they posted pictures of mob designs in some other thread... ;)

(well one at least)

:eek: i missed that , link please ? :ahh:

will there be profetions unique to sertan planets ie yours, dont need to go into detail, yes or no will do.

my question is:
do you have to hire a level designers or the cki's architects are going to create the buildings and the surrounding landscape?

Wiating a month for the additional info so I can construct a proper question, when is the additional information arriving red?

Wiating a month for the additional info so I can construct a proper question, when is the additional information arriving red?

what additional information are you thinking about?

....ask him why he was too busy to meet with Darri when Darri was in LA last week! ;)

I will pardon him since he and crew were in Sweden. LOL

darri
:wtg:

..LOL, no he told me in advance of my trip that he would be out of town. Just thought I would get a little jab in... :D

no worries,
darri

Really, the only important questions are-

What percentage of the existing EU skills will be useful on this new planet?

What percentage of the skills used on the new planet will transfer back to the existing world?

What percentage of existing EU items will be useful on this new planet?

What percentage of the items used on the new planet will transfer back to the existing world?

When will this new planet be online?

1. What is the storyline/background for the new planet(s) ?
(eg Another colonist planet similar to Calypso but with say agriculture and fishing instead of hunting, or some new scenario ?)

2. How does the storyline for the new planet(s) integrate with the existing colonist/robot war storyline ?

3. Will there be trade/exchange possible between Calypso and the new planet(s)?
(eg via the existing Auction system, or by travel between planets)

what additional information are you thinking about?

Dion said:
I have no clue on his job description, no clue on what he does, so, once I've probbed him via emails, I will update this post with more info.

So, any clue on his actual job description or shall we ask questions blind?

So, any clue on his actual job description or shall we ask questions blind?

Mistake in my previous post (He's not Marco's counterpart)... here's an excerpt from email;

3) What is your Job title again? This will help me setup better questions related to what you do :)
CKI, Business Development Manager… just like David Simmons.

Hi will you be using JamhotTV to advertise your brand spangly new planet and coming movie? :D

All the best,

Jamhot

Hi will you be using JamhotTV to advertise your brand spangly new planet and coming movie? :D

All the best,

Jamhot

I have to come up with a lot of questions quickly, because they want all the questions prior to the interview.. I was hoping to have a list done by monday morning....

More Q's please :)

What, in a roundabout way, without giving too much away, do you feel/think new, you are bringing/adding to the universe for us, the gamers now?

And what will we gain/benefit from your addition to the EU community?

What are your dreams for virtuality?

Will locations and avatars in EU now be used in the upcoming feature film set in and filmed in EU that has been proposed, will we get a chance to be a part of that project in some capacity? Cameo appearence , anything, i'm here! :D

Jamhot

Last edited:
How much of your planet will be done by the release date, and how much will be added afterwards? And for how long do you plan on updating it?

Back