Questions for Marco

Status

Dion Red Strike

Stalker
Society
SoF
Dion Red Strike
Howdy howdy!

You all know him, and love him or hate him, he's going to get interviewed!

When, I'm not entirely certain, but, I will be interviewing him sometimes soon. So, in anticipation of the interview, and knowing it may be a few weeks, I figured I'd open up the floor early for questions.

So, as per the usual, try to keep it positive in nature, and ask question he can answer. Seeing as he is the Director of Community relations, just about any question is fair game. However, he will not be able to answer certain questions. We can all expect that from the wonderful Marco.

So, let the questions begin!

~Red

EDIT: I'm not going to post every question, because I do want some of the questions to be suprises, much like the answers ;)

Questions to be asked, in no particular order;

What have you been up to lately?

How is the Crytech update going?

Can you tell us about the priority list of things to do after the Crytech update?

How much time do you spend in EU?

and on EF?

After all is said and done with the update, do you think Frank and you will spend more time posting the forums?

2 part question; It's been about a year since the mini-statues were introduced for ambassadors, does Mindark ever plan on introducing these as 'real world' loot? And, will we be seeing some new statues (for ambassadors) soon?

Any word on the robot invasions?

When do I get to buy my gin & tonic at the bar?!!?

What's the hardest part of being the community relations director?

What's the longest running joke in the office?

How many french fries can you fit in your mouth? Would you like some Catchup with those? :D

quick fire round;
How many times has David PVP'd you?
How many hours have you logged into EU in the last week?
PE or EU?
BLP or Laser?
Hog or Scip?

When can we get a chance to find you, and kill you? In Entropia Universe of course... (more expansion on this Q in the interview)

Last edited:
I would like to know if there is any plan to update the taming system soon - or is the new eyecandy engine more important ????

Ask him about the banned users, and when they are going to make that comment

" i cant answer that question":)

As public relations director :) What is the current status of getting all those Brazillian n Chinese players into the game ? Any updates on CRY2 ?

Understanding that you are busy right now, when can we expect you and Frank to be back on the forums posting to the levels that appease the majority of players whom feel the communication of Mindark is poor?

Please answer in a straight and honest manner.

where is the face and body tattoos!!
where is the old haircut called "the crown"

Question for Marco

I for one would like to have the opportunity to own a EU real world item looted from a mob/'looted' while crafting, etc. Is there a definite plan in place to re-introduce real world items to the universe in the future?

nice initiative +rep
however I wonder : did u come to make all the interviews by urself or have u been chosen by MA somehow ??

Q. for Marco: How does the work on cryneg go?

tnx for answers Uni

What percentage of MA personell are devoted to maintaing the game aspects of the portions of Entopia Universe (the part we customer/participant/player/colonists know as "Project Entropia") compaired to the MA personell dedicated to the expansion of EU into a platform for other developers?

In other words, does MA care about the game we love, or are the remnants of Project Entropia just a financial bridge till MA gets their platform running and other developers online?

AG

Will we be seeing new Partcipant Content items that will allow to us to have music in apartments and shops without the expense of using a video screen?

Are there plans to re-vamp or improve the in-game event system?

When can we expect to see MA get back on track with the original story line?
An answer other than "soon" would be appreciated.
Thank you.

nice initiative +rep
however I wonder : did u come to make all the interviews by urself or have u been chosen by MA somehow ??

Q. for Marco: How does the work on cryneg go?

tnx for answers Uni

I just bug them enough ;) Plus, the interviews @ 'E for All' helped. I wouldn't call it chosen at all, more like dumb luck + a little bit of skill ;)

Reactions: Uni
Worst case scenario:

Does MA have a back up plan in case dollar collapses completly?
(switching to other currency etc)

Y-fronts or boxers?

We have heard that there will be day/night cycles with CryEngine.

Questions are:
- Will there be different weathers? (not sure if this has been said :silly2:)
- Will there be different "climate zones"? Like there will be a bigger chance of rain in some parts, etc?
- Will there be time zones, so you can travel around and have day/night all the time?

Will the drinks ever arrive? ;)

And so on :rolleyes:

When will the Botox injections given to all colonists wear off so that they can move their faces again?

I think most questions he has been asked many times and I'm not sure if his answers will change.

Soooo...I'll ask a few new ones...

Q: With the cryengine upgrade coming, what kinds of server hardware will be added? Will you be completely re-doing your server farm or just adding on to it?

Q: With so many textures and colors available now, is there any interest in allowing colonist to paint/wallpaper their apartments with them?

Q: If you could be any mineral or enmatter found on Calypso, which one would you be and why?

Question: There is a ongoing battle of two sides, one that says skills matter
and one side that says they don't.
So, do you remember 4-5yrs ago when you said something like "Skills matter.
Always has, and always will", does this comment still stand as strong now
as it did then?

simple question from previous Q&A rounds (why were they ignored is for everyone to guess...) : when approximately was the last mod fap drop? no need to know exact date, mob or similar, just roughly, was it this year, last half a year or similar. that can't harm MA in no way, not answering the question will leave only one conclusion - they haven't dropped in ages (as in not in last 3 years). should I take official word 3 were dropped in last 2 years as a truth is another question which I will leave as a spare one...

if I get a shot for second question, why were we told there will be enough footguards in loot before they get mandatory? people still miss a lot of mid and higher up to top level foots, they simply don't drop.

last but not least, dude where's the promised plasma and gauss opalo? any ETA on this one? I'm getting gray already since they were promised...

P.S. my signature is not just for beauty, it contains a lot of real truth!

J.

Question to you first Red - Can you please put a list of selected questions on the first post? ^^

Two more questions for Marco:
- How often does he log on to EF?
- How often does he log on to EU?

:D

- What is the biggest loot he ever got? ;)

Last edited:
Whats the longest running inside joke in the MA offices?

May I suggest to everyone who has not done so yet listen to the previous interviews. Some questions were answered by the other two guys that have been interviewed and I would imagine some of what they said might be able to be expanded on by Marco.

Sorry Red...I'll have a few questions to add in a bit.

No problem... the other reason why they let me keep interviewing them is because I'm not the type to ask questions that are obviously negative :rolleyes:

Usually there's a way to ask things, and get a good response....

With Laser/BLP amps the effect is visible. The weapon can clearly be seem to do more damage. With this in mind, "Do Mining amps actually do anything?" as some members do not observe any effect. It's understood that you can't say "what" they do.

(Of course the reply is going to be yes, even if the truth is "NO," but it would be interesting to hear the real reply.)

Editx: I know by the looks of it many of these questions may not be proper questions for Marco to answer. But, as they are all based on previous comments made by the man himself, I think they are justified. :)

How many entries are there on the to-do list or roadmap? (I always ask this, I have to keep doing it.)

Can you reveal some of them? ;) CE2 does not count.

Is Mindark working on something that was not strickly chosen because it would bring in a lot of money (ie it might make Entropia more fun, but at a sunken development cost)?

Why don't you spend more time inside Entropia? :silly2:

Edit:
Ah, the melee amps.
Ah, the egg.
Ah, the storyline.
:dunce:

Edit2:

Oh, and taken from the 2004-2005 road map posted by you (Marco);
Marco|MindArk said:
* Bounty hunting system – are you annoyed that you getting killed by some bully? Set a contract on him and make him pay the consequences.

When can we see that system live?

Edit3: Where's that shipment of alcohol?

Edit4(this is getting silly): There is already a long and deep storyline, why was it removed from the Entropia website long ago? And what's stopping you from simply putting it back up? The same goes for all the other information that was on the infobooth around and before gold, why was it removed and how about re-implementing it?

And I'm still looking forward to the milestones of Entropia's past, promised in 2004. ;)

Oh, and of course a political system. Is it still another 5 years or more away?

Last edited:
Ok here it goes.

Needless to say the Xfire chat was mass chaos but there were some pertinent questions asked that might have gotten lost in the mayhem. Did Xfire supply/will supply/could MindArk with a log to those questions and would MA be willing to look them over and answer them?

Community relations is becoming a huge factor in the gaming community. With the addition of CKI, CRD, and any other future planet partners will each be responsible for their own community relations or will it default to MindArk or will it be a collaboration of sorts?

I know CE2 is a huge project for MindArk but are there any future community involved contests like the video and screen loader art contest planned?

It also seems like the promotional videos for EU need an upgrade since they still refer to Project Entropia is that in the works with CE2?

Sorry if I repeated anyone's questions.

My questions:

1. I would like to know if Mindark plans to create mining event content. I spend hundreds of peds a day, but I dont get to be in the champions league for the profession I prefer to do. If I pay tax on a landarea for mining, then I think they should be able to make events for me aswell.

2. There are a lot of people who use autoclickers in the game to drill large claims or craft items. Has Mindark considered adding an autodrill function to claim rods or autocraft to terminals? This would make it so that a clicker would be virtually pointless to use and MA can knock out some third party software. Don't get me wrong, if I could get a clicker to work with vista and EU I would use one on some of my big lyst finds, but i've had to suffer major mouse decay the past year.

3. Will we be seeing some more decent unlimited mining finders in the future? I would really like to switch from my of-105 eventually, but there just dosnt seem to be a good stable upgrade to warrant the ped splurge yet.

4. Clothing textures - I hear it costs hundreds of skins to get one field of animal texture on a piece of clothing. Any updating on this in the near future, or is that how it is?

That's all I can think of right now off the top of my head; I really hope #1 and #3 get answered.

Status
Back