• Haven't noticed any...

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters

AmberWaters

Young
Society
Freelancer
Amber Mina Waters
Sorry if there's already a thread for this, but I didn't see one. Anyone else's radar been messed up these past couple of days? Enemies (and GD's in PVP4) not showing up as they should, mission markers moving about wildly, a red dot in the center of the radar when there are no enemies on you, etc. since the past update? That coupled with fall damage have made mining damn near impossible in some areas. Just looking to know if it's a widespread bug, and when it's going to get fixed.

Should be a thread somewhere about it, can't find it now tho...

But yes, everyone seem to have radar issues :) it breaks from time to time

Its just something that's been in the game for 6 years.. why wouldn't an update that had nothing to do with the radar break it.

Its just something that's been in the game for 6 years.. why wouldn't an update that had nothing to do with the radar break it.

I used this exact argument with Rei and it didn't go well

(well the lollingly opposite of the quoted statement, i mean)

Hi all,

Yes I believe that there was/is a thread on this odd radar behavior it also had pic's to prove this oddness. As I never subscriber to this thread I can't track it down, but I'm sure there is something in the latest servers are back up thread.:scratch2:

As is I think it makes for some interesting hunting, thinking you have tagged the closest mob to you, then next thing you know you've got another mob coming up on you to your flank...:laugh:. Mind you I do feel sorry for the miners that watch that radar ever so closely as there life's depend on it. :(

I've also voted yes. :D

Well I might see you in EU, if my radar lets me...:laugh::eyecrazy::laugh:

Last edited:
I've been having issues with the radar since the new VU, ekther no mob on the radar, although I'm surrounded by them, or having only a few red dots showing when in fact mobs were evrywhere.

Yeah... that is the question; it's really puzzling :rolleyes:

Was in a team hunt the other night hunting on Amethera outside of an LA so we were in PvP. One of my team mates was showing up as a red dot instead of yellow. Then another one teleported in and they became the red dot while the other person changed back to yellow.

Ofcourse we shot each other a few times since we were mob red dots. :D

not expirienced any personally, but have heard lots of others talking about them, so I don't think you're the only one

Interesting to know so many have noticed something amiss here. FPC, care to give any official word on the issue? The radar really is a game changer in many aspects of this game.

it gets even messier.

Saturday i was hunting Atrox and I saw red dot .I opened fire to kill it ..then suddenly the red dots became a green dot and i was WTF ... I dunno what is happening with the radar.Either this is a bug or a story line based something where the robots use jammers

it gets even messier.

Saturday i was hunting Atrox and I saw red dot .I opened fire to kill it ..then suddenly the red dots became a green dot and i was WTF ... I dunno what is happening with the radar.Either this is a bug or a story line based something where the robots use jammers

Oh no! Now you have given them an excuse for the radar bug. They have probably just read this and thought "Doh! Why didn't we think of that in the first place - ok developers - stop working on that radar debugging, and start work on the next error." :laugh:

Radar is supposed to be jammed in PVP4, so you shouldnt see GDs at all :D

For the rest i dunno...

Radar is supposed to be jammed in PVP4, so you shouldnt see GDs at all :D

For the rest i dunno...

As a low-level miner, I endorse this :laugh: Don't see anything in the Update Notes about the radar, not even as a known issue. Here's hoping it's fixed itself by the time I finish downloading the update.

Interesting to know so many have noticed something amiss here. FPC, care to give any official word on the issue? The radar really is a game changer in many aspects of this game.

I have already given word about this on two other threads on the forum. MindArk is aware, it IS a bug. They are working on getting it fixed.

I think she doesnt like me now lol

Haha nah no reason to think that Matho :) I want this fixed as much as you though, would be great to be able to stop repeating myself :silly2:

Me and my soc were flying people around, suddenly my soc mates purple dot swapped with the tp's blue dot and the tp's blue dot flew off of radar.

Im surprised a bug that existed in the very early days of vu4.2 has returned and is taking so long to be fixed

It makes eu unplayable

I have already given word about this on two other threads on the forum. MindArk is aware, it IS a bug. They are working on getting it fixed.

why not have it listed as a known issue then?

Today I got this from support about the radar bug

Hi again,

Our developers are working on fixing the issue with the radar as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Stay tuned to our News section to find out when it is working again.

Kind regards,

Myriam | Planet Calypso Support

Yes. Mining is a HUGE PAIN IN THE REAR... :mad:

I have mined in the worst situations before and its not that I don't have armor and can't take some good sized hits, but I depend on being able to know what is where, and see the red dots when they're supposed to be there and my my decisions on what direction to go, which mob to agro if I have to, and I just find myself mobbed by stuff randomly.... the trees...they don't help...

Back