Rebalance MindForce Implants!

Why not? Vibrant Sweat is part of what enables us to use these powers, it would make perfect sense to have it in the crafting process.

Well it would help out the newcomers a lot too, so I would agree, however electricity and sweat don't really mix in making of a chip ;)

If it were to be used as some sort of conductive gel sure.

So a subcomponent - Conductive gel, using eg 1k sweat + enmatter or conductive ore like iron or gaz resource to create would make sense, then mixed with several advanced components I, II & III to make the various level of chips

Its good news that MA is looking into it.
Now we can dream again.
I hope will not be solution between lvls 0 and 34. We have already all kind of low lvl kindergarden chips.
We need higher chips and maybe implants up to lvl 100 and hopefully more.

See what kind of humor I have to put up with? :monkey:

hehe XX will be much looked forward to ;)

Don't forget those advanced components and use of vibrant sweat to make conductive gel with ;)

Otherwise you will have both Nighthawk and myself chasing you :D

Yes hunting bigger monsters with the new chips will be possible, the Cryogenic attack XX does some really cool damage...

Something to keep us skilling then :cool: awesome!

I hope an implant rebalancing is possible as well, if that happens (so all decays the same) I'll upgrade straight away (as soon as I can afford it) :yay:

Yep, I need some higher level chips to look forward to, soon have mindforce harmony unlocked, and since there's no attack chips past level 30, its getting quite boring to keep skilling ;P

Yep, I need some higher level chips to look forward to, soon have mindforce harmony unlocked, and since there's no attack chips past level 30, its getting quite boring to keep skilling ;P

Well you can play with old pyro lvl 8 - will take long to max it ( like lvl 80+ )

Or play with bio - you will be excelent with resurection on about lvl 75+...

Cryogenic attack XX ? cool

But XX dont mean much.

I had focus chip lvl 5. It used 1 ME and was wery fast. MA renamed it to chip level XIV - it use 800 ME and is a lot slower than before so those numbers are wery relative.
We have now some elec, cryo, combu chips like lvl XI, VIII mostly arround lvl 27.
So chip XX cud be arround lvl 60 in proff requirement ( if we get biger implants ofc )
Cud that XX chip compete with top weapons ( lvl 74 + L or lvl 100 UNL ) with dps, eco, useability and aviability ?
Maybe is kind of humor or MA dont want MF like just another ranged weapon but i like to wish and dream.

The new chips are indeed able to compete with the weapons of other professions with similar level requirements, and maxing the XX chips will keep you busy long past level 60. :)

I am also considering making a few new kinds of attack chips which may be usefull in some situations.

I am also considering making a few new kinds of attack chips which may be usefull in some situations.

Those movement speed chips were a good idea I would like to see more of them :) Problem is they are pretty hard to obtain and one needs to get to level 25 pyro to be able to use them if I'm right.

The new chips are indeed able to compete with the weapons of other professions with similar level requirements, and maxing the XX chips will keep you busy long past level 60. :)

More Inhibition/Acceleration chips please!

It'd be cool if there was a chip that would make a mob run away from you.. might be useful for miners.
Or a chip that would make an avatar loose control over movement, sight (similar to the Thing frozen Screen effect ).. etc

Something of that nature.

Will there be new implants for the new uber chips? We will not be able to use anything higher than level 55 SIB as things stand, and at any rate, the higher implants are not exactly cheap (but fine, +600 would not really be a barrier if the result would be good enough). Could you also look at least a bit at the rate the looted implants are dropping?

Can we have a fix for strike chips? Or at least strike chip lookalikes that would do DoT?

For both DPS and eco?

Those movement speed chips were a good idea I would like to see more of them :) Problem is they are pretty hard to obtain and one needs to get to level 25 pyro to be able to use them if I'm right.

Indeed, they have way too high level requirement for the effect and you need a 30 implant or higher to use them (once again, problem with upgrade equalling more decay) :(

It'd be cool if there was a chip that would make a mob run away from you.. might be useful for miners.
Or a chip that would make an avatar loose control over movement, sight (similar to the Thing frozen Screen effect ).. etc

Yep, loads of different possible ones :)

I had some ideas, like for example chips that are active over time rather than being used or placing buffs (a heal chip that always heals you at xx heal/sec while active, a chip that while equipped and active makes mobs of a certain level (depending on chip) not aggro you, a chip that does make the mob aggro you (would be good for high-evade people to use while on teamhunts on bigger mobs with people with low health and/or evade level), etc).

Smokescreens for hiding, flashbang effects for blinding, flare and flashlight effects for seeing during nighttime, camo effects that allows blending into the background by manipulating peoples mind into believing you're not really there (telepath chip ofc), paralyzing chips, etc could turn out awesome :)

Existent inhibition chip have great colateral effect wich is more useful that for what chip was intended.

If mob is stuck by himself or by you or even by another shooter is enought to buff him once , sometimes twice and mob change agro on you and you can shoot it.

Something of that nature.

What would be really cool if at events like LG, MF users could stand at the revival, speeding up their supporting soc and slowing down their rivals. :wtg:
A lot of ppl would skill to be able to use those chips. :cool:

And how about a rubberbanding chip? :silly2:

Or a chip that would make an avatar loose control over movement...

I would love a chip that basically just reversed or randomized your target's directional controls for a short period of time! :lolup:

and yeah... balance the implants! :thumbup:

Inhibition chips are kinda useless now, except for what Dan pointed to, the effect is too short to be worth it.
Using those during LG is exactly what I skilled towards (ok, ok, I've chipped some too, but that's not the point :p ).

Point is the duration is too short, it's a waste of PED if that's where it ends, so I'm really hoping for more.

And maybe the different direction thing is a bad idea, messing with screen is an easy one to implement probably,, and you still leave some control to the player.. instead of completely screwing him over.

Some of these ideas for new effects on MF chips i have actually thought about before and some are new and interesting so keep the ideas coming if you got more. :)
Chips that could mess with the vision or invert the controls of targets in PvP sounds like it could be pretty fun and maybe buffing avatars with improved night vision could prove usefull in upcoming dungeons and during the night.

All this is however so far only speculations, but gathering ideas and input might come in handy sometime later on. :)

Some of these ideas for new effects on MF chips i have actually thought about before and some are new and interesting so keep the ideas coming if you got more. :)
Chips that could mess with the vision or invert the controls of targets in PvP sounds like it could be pretty fun and maybe buffing avatars with improved night vision could prove usefull in upcoming dungeons and during the night.

All this is however so far only speculations, but gathering ideas and input might come in handy sometime later on. :)

Hi Charlie,

Here is an old idea, back from the old days :)

It is a bit dated, but the concepts are still viable.

Link - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ed-crafted-line-of-goods.&highlight=mindforce

Hey there,

It has been on my mind for some time now since Mindforce will be getting a make-over in the near future, I have a few ideas of my own I would like to add in Part A & Part B

Part A, Additional Mindforce Abilities & Chips ...

** Please note these will not be cheap chips to use, yet effective **

1. Damage Shield Ability & Chip (Psychotropian Ability)

This chip would start from Lesser much like the NerveBlast chip and be based on the same profession skills as the Nerveblast Chip.

Starting at lesser it would provide the user with a number of charges (Much like the Focus chip does) of a damage shield that will absorb +1 of all incoming damage types (Much like having an 8th armor piece on in the form of a shield that has a +1 on all melee, firearm and elemental damage types)

Mechanics wise, the shield would reduce all incoming damage on all damage channels from the mob by 1 first, then move onto plates and worn armor as it does now.

Minor would have a +2, Medium +3, moderate +4, good +5, etc. MA to decide the relative ME usage per use fo this chip. Charges per use would be similar to that of the nerveblast chip.

It is suggested that the time-to-effect time to use this chip be moderate, much like the time on the minor teleport chip.

2. Light Shield Chip - Invisibility.

This chip would only come in 2 forms, Moderate (IV) lasting 2 mins 30 secs and Powerful (VIII) lasting 5 mins. The ME used would be extremely high on these chips so their use would be limited to dire situations.

As stated they would create a forcefield of light around you that would bend any exterior light around you rendering you invisible to any avatar and/or mob.

No combat, mining, talking or equiping/unequiping actions can be performed, doing so will render you visible to all again.

This would be useful for when you get stuck at a revival point where you need to run past some really hard mobs, or as a method of get away in any PvP area.

Profession Skill used, again Psychotropian

Even though the ME burn would be large, the cast time of this chip is short, so it can be used quickly when needed. (much like the focus chip time-to-effect time)

Part B, Crafted Headbands using the current 16 Precious Stones/Gems in Entropia to date to Enhance Mindforce abilities.

/PSI Rant ...

It has been known over the centuries the use of crystal and gems to focus and store natural energies, including those of us sentient beings humans in the form of lkaying on of hands and other occult practices.

/Science Rant ...

Crystals & gems have been used in science for many wonders, including focusing energy in the form of light waves (lasers) as well as splitting their spectrums, storing information (upcoming technology not yet commercially available), tuning into radio stations etc

/end Rants.

I would like to propose a new crafted line of headbands to created in Male & Female variations (Gives the art design department some flexibility into making visually appropriate headbands for each gender)

The proposal is for 6 headbands using of 4 gemstones each and a seventh using 6 of the more expensive gemstones.

These headbands will be used in enhancing the effective output of using mindforce abilities or reducing the amount of Mind Essence consumed.

A series of 4 headbands, with 2 types (Low cost & Expensive models)

1. Series dedicated to Psycotopian abilities

+ Cheaper model has the following equipped effect
- Nerveblast Damage + 10%
- Focus +4 to all focus chips per use
- Damage shield (Aboce mentioned) +1 to all damage channels
- Invisibility Light Shield (No effect)

+ Expensive Model using higher value gems to produce
- Nerveblast Damage + 15%
- Focus +6 to all focus chips per use
- Damage shield +2 to all damage channels additional protection
- 1 less ME consumed per ME ability involving a chip consumed

2. Series dedicated to Biotropian abilities

+ Cheap Model
- Heal Chip all models + 10% heal per use
- Powerful reserection chip - 10 ME consumed

+ Expensive model
- Heal Chips all models + 15% heal per use
- Powerful reserection chip - 20 ME consumed

3. Series dedicated to Pyrotropian Abilities

+ Cheap Model
- 10% additional damage to attacks

+ Expensive model
- 15% additional damage to attacks
- 3 less ME consumed per use

4. Final series is dedicated to reduced ME consumption.

This headband gives no additional benefit other than reduced ME consumption per ME chip use.

The price of these bands will not be cheap and are directed to the long term dedicated users of mind force abilities.

I would not like to speculate on proposed ME reduction on these models instead leave that upto MA to decide what would be best

For this reason, I would suggest only one model be created using 6 of the more expensive gems (out of the 16 available)

Note - The other 3 ability based bands stats is given as an example, again MA would be the people to decide on exact stats of such items.

Anyhow, just another idea to throw in the mixer. Something that would kickstart participants interest / exploration in ME abilities and furthering their use more than they do today.

~ Sparkz.

Since you are looking for ideas, I have quite a few from earlier that I can sum up here :)

Health Related:
Drain - Hurts enemy, heals user.
"Giver" - Hurts user, heals target (target is healed quicker than any regular chip though).
Heal-over-time - Increases the natural regeneration of the user while active.

Movement Related:
Speed - We already have the metabolic chips, but in my opinion they are not strong enough for that level requirement.
Acrobatic Enhancer - Allows higher/longer jumps (buff).
Shoot Forward - Allows user to move forward xx meters very quickly, allowing them to pass mountains, cliffs, canyons and such much easier.
Random TP - Allows user to teleport 50 meters in a random direction with a shorter-than-regular-TP chargeup, good for escaping in PvP (if lucky).

Combat Related:
Electrical Pulse - Makes electronic stuff (incl. vehicles, guns, etc) stop working for a short period of time.
Airblast - Knockback effect on his mobs (or avatars in PvP, maybe even knocking them over? Higher psyche and/or jamming could allow resistance to this).
Flash - Blinds the target (turn target avatars screen white in PvP?)
Smokescreen - Releases a large cloud of smoke, concealing any avatar in it so its harder to hit them when shooting.
Camo - Allows the user to 'blend in' xx% with the background.
Shoot Forward - Allows user to move forward xx meters very quickly, to close the distance between the user and a hostile with longer range.
Shoot Forward Attack - Same as above but ending in an attack (this could require a bit of RL skill to make sure you actually hit the target at the end).

Mob Related:
Repel - Makes mobs of up to a certain danger level not attack you (or determined by mob psyche?).
Bait - Makes mobs attack you, could be useful for teamhunts with lower health/evade players.

Other:
Without a chip, allow any MindForce user to see which MF chip another user has equipped as long as the level req. for that chip is met (could require unlocking of Power Catalyst to be able to do this?)

I can probably come up with a lot more ideas, but this is what I could think of in 10 minutes :laugh:

EDIT: Anyways, it is awesome to see you guys taking this seriously and working on it :) thanks!

Last edited:
I am currently working on adding alot of new mindforce chips for all categories to allow for a much smoother progress in the mindforce professions higher levels.
I am also looking into the situation with the implants to see if any adjustments can be made.

can they also drop on more then ONE planet? Chips too. like at least give PP the ablility to make there own or something.

can they also drop on more then ONE planet? Chips too. like at least give PP the ablility to make there own or something.

From what I understand, any PP can make MF chips but none except Calypso actually has?

Also, any PP can drop them... Lacerating did drop quite frequently when I was at RT last for example. My main problem with Arkadia was that no MF dropped there :(

Since you are looking for ideas, I have quite a few from earlier that I can sum up here :)

Health Related:
Drain - Hurts enemy, heals user.
"Giver" - Hurts user, heals target (target is healed quicker than any regular chip though).
Heal-over-time - Increases the natural regeneration of the user while active.

Movement Related:
Speed - We already have the metabolic chips, but in my opinion they are not strong enough for that level requirement.
Acrobatic Enhancer - Allows higher/longer jumps (buff).
Shoot Forward - Allows user to move forward xx meters very quickly, allowing them to pass mountains, cliffs, canyons and such much easier.
Random TP - Allows user to teleport 50 meters in a random direction with a shorter-than-regular-TP chargeup, good for escaping in PvP (if lucky).

Combat Related:
Electrical Pulse - Makes electronic stuff (incl. vehicles, guns, etc) stop working for a short period of time.
Airblast - Knockback effect on his mobs (or avatars in PvP, maybe even knocking them over? Higher psyche and/or jamming could allow resistance to this).
Flash - Blinds the target (turn target avatars screen white in PvP?)
Smokescreen - Releases a large cloud of smoke, concealing any avatar in it so its harder to hit them when shooting.
Camo - Allows the user to 'blend in' xx% with the background.
Shoot Forward - Allows user to move forward xx meters very quickly, to close the distance between the user and a hostile with longer range.
Shoot Forward Attack - Same as above but ending in an attack (this could require a bit of RL skill to make sure you actually hit the target at the end).

Mob Related:
Repel - Makes mobs of up to a certain danger level not attack you (or determined by mob psyche?).
Bait - Makes mobs attack you, could be useful for teamhunts with lower health/evade players.

Other:
Without a chip, allow any MindForce user to see which MF chip another user has equipped as long as the level req. for that chip is met (could require unlocking of Power Catalyst to be able to do this?)

I can probably come up with a lot more ideas, but this is what I could think of in 10 minutes :laugh:

EDIT: Anyways, it is awesome to see you guys taking this seriously and working on it :) thanks!

Excellent ideas NH, you got too much time on your hands ;)

+REPZ0rZ

has anybody played poke'mon lately? there are a ton of things in that game that can be turned into MF lol. i used to play when i was like 10 but i dont have the games anymore :/ they were good fun :)

has anybody played poke'mon lately? there are a ton of things in that game that can be turned into MF lol. i used to play when i was like 10 but i dont have the games anymore :/ they were good fun :)

I still want a Pokémon planet, need a level 100 Charizard to help me through those higher-level iron missions :laugh:

From what I understand, any PP can make MF chips but none except Calypso actually has?

Also, any PP can drop them... Lacerating did drop quite frequently when I was at RT last for example. My main problem with Arkadia was that no MF dropped there :(

on RT, Crunk Sharks drop plenty of TP chips I & II... plenty! :laugh:

on RT, Crunk Sharks drop plenty of TP chips I & II... plenty! :laugh:

Oh yes, I invested in a TP II chip just before that happened, paid like 4-5x more markup than it has now :duh:

Werevolves also drop TP I if I remember correctly? Just like argonauts does?

Having a wormhole chip you could use between planets but with the following limitation:
-Only avatar can travel, no items. (Only ped card)

This would be handy to "TP" quick to another planet to bid in the auction.

You would still need to travel to bring stuff from one to another planet.

This would eliminate ppl creating 2nd ava's on different planets.
And this could possible a good thing some ppl buy more stuff for every planet's storage (2 armor sets, 2 fap, 2 weapons, clothes...) or even more when they have a live on multiple planets.
It wouldn't hurt the economy since you cannot travel with goods. (Therefore you need to use the space travel)

Having a wormhole chip you could use between planets but with the following limitation:
-Only avatar can travel, no items. (Only ped card)

This would be handy to "TP" quick to another planet to bid in the auction.

You would still need to travel to bring stuff from one to another planet.

This would eliminate ppl creating 2nd ava's on different planets.
And this could possible a good thing some ppl buy more stuff for every planet's storage (2 armor sets, 2 fap, 2 weapons, clothes...) or even more when they have a live on multiple planets.
It wouldn't hurt the economy since you cannot travel with goods. (Therefore you need to use the space travel)

Oh yes, I also believe this is the best idea :)

As I mentioned ingame though, I feel they should release (L) wormhole chips and have the planet-to-planet function on unlimited ones only (and drop a few extra unl. ones) :silly2:

Back