Rebalanced Mission Rewards

Quote from Few Scars:

"The problem is gonna be if you get 50 Agility tokens and have already done the other agility missions, what do you do with those 50? I think they should be allowed to be traded!"

Maybe this is why MA is setting it up this way. If you've already finished many of the mission stages that reward, say Agility, your only real option is to take the skill reward, thereby saving MA from handing out more attribute tokens.

I think the tokens should be Attribute tokens in general, and let the ava decide which attribute to use them on

Quote from Few Scars:

"The problem is gonna be if you get 50 Agility tokens and have already done the other agility missions, what do you do with those 50? I think they should be allowed to be traded!"

Maybe this is why MA is setting it up this way. If you've already finished many of the mission stages that reward, say Agility, your only real option is to take the skill reward, thereby saving MA from handing out more attribute tokens.

I think the tokens should be Attribute tokens in general, and let the ava decide which attribute to use them on

Yep, i still think token should be tradable and current attributes stored on your avatar should be extractable

Still no further replies from Charlie?

Hmm. Well there were one or two people who thought that a GM should be non-human, and never ever let himself be provoked to sarcasm, not even if he apologises right away

Let's hope that MA didn't agree with that view, because that guy was doing a sterling job of communicating with us, and you couldn't possibly hope for better.

jay

What tab in your inventory will the Attribute Tokens be kept in? :scratch2: Surely not the same tab as Mission Tokens?

It is too bad they aren't tradeable, lootable or "general" and allowed to be used for the attribute of our choice :yup:

+1 Stamina for all 10k quests please. Each 10k is a long grind.

Still no further replies from Charlie?

Hmm. Well there were one or two people who thought that a GM should be non-human, and never ever let himself be provoked to sarcasm, not even if he apologises right away

Let's hope that MA didn't agree with that view, because that guy was doing a sterling job of communicating with us, and you couldn't possibly hope for better.

jay

Agreeing with that and ... Why not be sarcastic ... If a !!!! costumer would deal with me I'd throw him out. Even though I think the whole nerf is totally wrong and could have been done so much better, Charlie himself sure as hell has orders on what to do and being attacked by some 'old' players who think they are so fucking special isn't something I would not respond to with sarcasm or worse.

If I go in a shop and attack the shopkeeper, sure as hell I get a kick up my arse and thrown out, why are so many ppl going against Charlie here?

He, after all is one of the few ppl at MA who is communicating, and who is giving us information.

- just my 2 cents -

Angel

I know i won't be taking most of the attribute options now, and I'm one of those who waited to do the missions until my attributes were higher. The quantity of Attribute tokens is too small and the skill cost too high.
I'm one of those too, and, exactly that, the amount of skills gained in most cases outweights the attribute rewards by a long shot.
I really hope they got something else coming up in the future, if they have more attribute tokens to give before they hit their quota.

Here's your poll, lazy ass. Up to the voters to prove you wrong or not: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...n-option-in-Iron-missions-after-the-rebalance

I know i won't be taking most of the attribute options now, and I'm one of those who waited to do the missions until my attributes were higher. The quantity of Attribute tokens is too small and the skill cost too high.

Hehe, laziness is underrated :).

My personal rationale is that it's much easier to get skills naturally than attributes (or chip if so inclined), so I will always be choosing the tokens. The only time I might choose diiferently is if the skills offered are particularly hard to get, like scanning for example.

On second thought, no attribute will be distributed at various missions because it's the avatar proudly showing what he / she has performed in the game.:)

Is the reward for 1k Aranea right? Seems wrong imo.
EDIT: Or not. :D

Last edited:
don't get what the fuss is all about?
Need to sticky this thread in the mission section to see the new rewards :)

On stamina and all that...does it give ped? seriously, does it give you extra ped? Don't start jabbering about more eco hunting cause some 10 % more of one hp point is added....if you simply want to brag about your numbers why not go for the classic D*** measuring...

The rewards, apart from eomon,lt, seem mostly the same if you don't choose the attributes...I personally want more skills then attributes...

Quest/Misson: 8 Balls Attributes bug?

I finished Ara 5k mission.
You get 12.71 peds worth of skill calculated and predicted for now as for future by MU wich is decided and manipulated by MA and 250 inteligence tokens.
To get those two inteligence points needed several attempt and few relogs with srever is not aviable, broker dont want to talk and such.
But to get last 50% of line ( 50 tokens ) there is no way.
Attribute broker work only with full 100 tokens.
If you find another mission to get remaining 50 tokens cool , go on good boy , deposit and and burn peds on it.
So if you dont have any misson to do extra to get another 50 tokens you just donated some peds to MA for nothing.

I hope that is a bug.
If not then other missions ( for ppl who didnt done them jet ) with fractions of attribute as reward will need some strategy - counting to do several missions to get full 100 tokens.
Its misleading to promise a reward wich you cant get and apply.

Its like you got a job for 1 month and when you excpect payment you get said that they pay only after you worked 100 days. But as you see job lasted only 1 month and they dont have more so they thank you for 1 month free work.

Its like you got a job for 1 month and when you excpect payment you get said that they pay only after you worked 100 days. But as you see job lasted only 1 month and they dont have more so they thank you for 1 month free work.

Well said!

I also very much hope hope it's a bug

jay:)

Yeah, you should be able to turn in any number of attribute tokens, I didn't know it wasn't that way. That sucks and should be changed.

I finished Ara 5k mission.
You get 12.71 peds worth of skill calculated and predicted for now as for future by MU wich is decided and manipulated by MA and 250 inteligence tokens.
To get those two inteligence points needed several attempt and few relogs with srever is not aviable, broker dont want to talk and such.
But to get last 50% of line ( 50 tokens ) there is no way.
If you find another mission to get remaining 50 tokens cool , go on good boy , deposit and and burn peds on it.
So if you dont have any misson to do extra to get another 50 tokens you just donated some peds to MA for nothing.

I hope that is a bug.
If not then other missions ( for ppl who didnt done them jet ) with fractions of attribute as reward will need some strategy - counting to do several missions to get full 100 tokens.

I was finding really strange that nobody quote me or nobody comment what I was saying or asking.
Nobody from the official side, nobody from the PCF members,
and nobody from people who are doing 15000 posts because they think they have answer to everything.

And see, that's exactly what is happening.
That was a minimum of logic, and knowledges of MA.

See post #312 in this thread.

I have questions that I think are relevant about the attribute tokens:
(if clear answers are somewhere already, then point me to them, ty)

If we can not trade/give or do anything with those attribute tokens...
... why create tokens then ? (to me there is here a hidden secret like mindark are doing all the time in 2 steps, if not then it has no sense)

Will we be obliged to have 100 exactly to be able to insert them into our avatars, which would mean that we need to complete several missions (which can be more than a full mission) to get the full attribute point ?

Will we be able to insert let's say 25 attribute tokens directly into our avatar, which once again, if we can ... why create tokens then if we can do nothing with them ? wasn't it more simple to directly reward and stop...

Yeah, you should be able to turn in any number of attribute tokens, I didn't know it wasn't that way. That sucks and should be changed.

Yes you should, but if it has been designed like this, be sure it was on purpose.

And lol, why everytime Mindark are implementing features, do people expect they can be bugs ?

Well said!

I also very much hope hope it's a bug

Then in this case, No loot = bug, MISS = bug, no global = bug, and so on, lol...

This new " Rebalanced Mission Rewards " is a joke if you look at the old mission system, the skill reward is nerf a lot and TT-return is nowdays about 2-3% less.

Great work.:yay::yay::yay:

This new " Rebalanced Mission Rewards " is a joke if you look at the old mission system, the skill reward is nerf a lot and TT-return is nowdays about 2-3% less.

Great work.:yay::yay::yay:

I do agree the new mission reward system is complete crap. And unfair. Some players if timed it right could get 2x or 3x stamina. Exp on ark as stats were step 2... Now they are step 5.. Calypso, took away or reduced all stamina rewards from lower level mons and more on higher... Therefor if u just did, shinkiba, merp, molisk ect, and havent done the higher ones, u can gain more stamina overall.

However loot for me as been the same, effecient eco hunting around 95% tt return on taxed lands.

Could we get this stickied?

Sure. I'll move it to the Missions sub-forum too, as it seems more likely to be looked for there in future.

Indeed, and that's not all. "Natural Agility" and "MissionReward Agility" are incompatible.

Example: Suppose u have 99.5 AGI and 50 AGI tokens. U were thinking u can add it up and get to 100 AGI? Sweet dreams baby, u better forget it - you'll naturally gained 50% is lost forever...

Why make 2 different attribute systems (natural and mission-token) incompatible?
There's no logic and no reason whatsoever.

Indeed, and that's not all. "Natural Agility" and "MissionReward Agility" are incompatible.

Example: Suppose u have 99.5 AGI and 50 AGI tokens. U were thinking u can add it up and get to 100 AGI? Sweet dreams baby, u better forget it - you'll naturally gained 50% is lost forever...

Why make 2 different attribute systems (natural and mission-token) incompatible?
uhm

does that mean if i have say 99.5 agility and i use 100 agility tokens to get one more point i end up being 100 agility and not 100.5 ? o_O

wtf, this needs to be fixed, same as with being able to use any number of tokens...
uhm

does that mean if i have say 99.5 agility and i use 100 agility tokens to get one more point i end up being 100 agility and not 100.5 ? o_O

Hm... but we can only get a attribute point by every 100MT, so how could we get to 100 in your
example with only 50 MT?:scratch2: Is this changed so we can get increase with lower amount
than 100MT?

Apology in advance for not reading through the entire topic, but I remember when missions first were implemented, I printed out a list of all the ones that you could gain a skill point by completing them. A year or two later, now instead of a skill point increase, those same missions that I'm only completing now only offer minimal-value skill chips that don't even make a dent of a change in the actual skill points. It feels like we were slighted as players because we accepted the missions based on a promised return, only to have that changed after-the-fact.

That's not cool, IMO. Yet another nerf to deal with. :mad:

I think there has been some misunderstanding of this post.

He seems to be saying that you can't have 99.5 agility and just turn in 50 agility tokens to get to 100, because it's not possible to turn in only 50 tokens, they have to be turned in 100 at a time. So he also seems to be saying that you will always be stuck at xxx.5 agility in this example because it's so hard to gain agility naturally at that level, so the .5 part of that agility is wasted.

They should change it so you can turn in any number of attribute tokens and the attribute will rise an appropriate amount (1 token = 1/100th of a point).

That's not cool, IMO. Yet another nerf to deal with. :mad:

It is a change that had to happen though.

As it was, at least one planet partner was giving more and more attributes as rewards for super easy missions. Had that been allowed to continue, we would soon have people travelling around to different planets and getting 100+ in all attributes within a few months. All work and accomplishment in skilling up high attributes would disappear.

Obviously, this limit had to be set lower than Calypso was... So a rebalance had do be done for Calypso to be able to offer any attribute and skill rewards in future missions. At least we got a few months of warning before the rebalance happened.

It also helps if you see missions for what they are: Something extra that you do not have to do, but that you get a bonus if you do.

They should change it so you can turn in any number of attribute tokens and the attribute will rise an appropriate amount (1 token = 1/100th of a point).

They have already said that is not technically possible with the current system, though... So they would have to change the entire attribute system for that to work, which I assume would be quite a bit of work.

They have already said that is not technically possible with the current system, though... So they would have to change the entire attribute system for that to work, which I assume would be quite a bit of work.

It has to be the token trader that is the problem. We already gain fractional attributes all the time. It shouldn't be that hard to change.

Back