Reduce Strike Cooldown by 30%

Coop_

Stalker
I spent a fair bit of time over the last week hunting with strike chips, and the main thing I have to say is:

MA, Please Reduce the Cooldown Periods by at least 30%!

I get that these are potentially powerful PVP weapons, and you can't have ppl striking every 10 seconds, but the way it is now, the chips just take WAY too long to cooldown before use again. When using them hunting, I hit a mob once with the strike chip, then finished off with other weapons. But there was almost always 10 seconds or more of just standing around before I could recharge and hit the next mob.

Does it really have to be this way? Would it unbalance PVP that much to reduce all cooldowns by 30% or more?

Tell me if you think it would cause unbalance. Tell me if you think you'd use these chips more for hunting if the cooldown got reduced.

Yes, it is waaaay to long. I will not be buying another Strike chip until this is changed. Also, I get the "Waiting for Cooldown" msg sometimes even if I haven't used it in 5 minutes :(

I love the area dmg effect, but the flaws kill it for me.

The biggest problem with area attack chips is IMO that it is so easy to lose focus when charging it :dunno: specially if attacked by more than one mob...

I was thinking about something:
Is it possible to do strike chips rotation?
Something like:

Charging electrostrike - blast - charging Cryostrike - blast - charging Kineticstrike - blast - Charging Combustivestrike - blast - repeat with electrostrike...
That way one can have 8-10 strike attacks per minute easily (4-5 types strike chips with 2 attacks per minute each).

Can't use half of the chips to test it myself but it seems to me that exactly that could be the initial idea for the MF strike system.

Agreed, cooldown is far too long on these chips

Id say remove cooldown or make it usable at least as guns using explosive - wich is also area effect
There is difference from using chip 2 times per minit or shooting with explosives 17 times per minit.
Chips (normal and area effect) after last nerf are not for PVP at all.
To slow and damage per sec cant compete with other weapons.
And biger problem than that - they give frustration instead of fun because too slow.

I was thinking about something:
Is it possible to do strike chips rotation?
Something like:

Charging electrostrike - blast - charging Cryostrike - blast - charging Kineticstrike - blast - Charging Combustivestrike - blast - repeat with electrostrike...
That way one can have 8-10 strike attacks per minute easily (4-5 types strike chips with 2 attacks per minute each).

Can't use half of the chips to test it myself but it seems to me that exactly that could be the initial idea for the MF strike system.

That would actually be a solution, but alas all the strike chips are in the same "cooldown group" so once you fire one, they all show the cooldown timer (actually kinda funny in an inventory full of them :laugh:)

And biger problem than that - they give frustration instead of fun because too slow.

Exactly, Dan! Why go to the trouble of introducing strike chips only to have your customers frustrated by them rather than enjoying them. These chips are not great eco, so using them is already an added cost--no need to add annoyance onto extra cost.

Agreed, cooldown time is waaaaaaay to long. Trying to use them leads to nothing but frustration. :mad:

Frustration? Not at all.
I have good fun while using them.
I'm killing people from time to time with kinetic strikes so I can testify that they are pretty good for PvP too.

In PvP - it's "Be fast or be dead" - and the first hit is the most important. With initial hit of 200 strike damage and the possibility for 2-hit combo attack strike chips are actually quite deadly.
For the sake of comparison - most plasma snipers suck at DPS too but people use them all the time for the same reason - "one shot, one dead". Reload time is insignificant when your target is already dead.

They're for PVP, not hunting. Use the attack chips for hunting, the strikes for pvp :confused:

Frustration? Not at all.
I have good fun while using them.
I'm killing people from time to time with kinetic strikes so I can testify that they are pretty good for PvP too.

In PvP - it's "Be fast or be dead" - and the first hit is the most important. With initial hit of 200 strike damage and the possibility for 2-hit combo attack strike chips are actually quite deadly.
For the sake of comparison - most plasma snipers suck at DPS too but people use them all the time for the same reason - "one shot, one dead". Reload time is insignificant when your target is already dead.

Good to hear from a pvp strike chip user! Would reducing the cooldown by 1/3rd cause an unbalance in pvp?

I get that for pvp usage, the slow cooldown might not be as annoying as using the chips for hunting. The question is, why have so many fun chips used only for pvp, which relatively few are interested in? Better would be to balance them so they are still fun for pvp while becoming fun for hunting.

Agreed, strike chip cooldown is WAAY too long. Please reduce it!

... The question is, why have so many fun chips used only for pvp, which relatively few are interested in? ..

Do you hunt with Marber bravo? No. You use it to tag mobs (or GDs). For DPS you have standard guns.
Same for strike chips. They are used for first hit + combo. For DPS you have attack chips.
The balanse is quite good and i don't understand why are all the complaints?
Yea, Bravos could be made with faster reload too but then will anyone use carbines? I don't think so.
It's just a different type of weapon/chip. And with different function.
The logic behing it is: low damage=faster reload, high damage =slower reload.
Otherwise they'll be way overpowered (and exploited accordingly).

Do you hunt with Marber bravo? No. You use it to tag mobs (or GDs). For DPS you have standard guns.
Same for strike chips. They are used for first hit + combo. For DPS you have attack chips.
The balanse is quite good and i don't understand why are all the complaints?
Yea, Bravos could be made with faster reload too but then will anyone use carbines? I don't think so.
It's just a different type of weapon/chip. And with different function.

But when using a Marber, once I kill mob A it is always ready to use to mob B. The problem with the strike chips is that if you use it once on mob A, finish off mob A with other weapons, it's still not ready to use on mob B without waiting 10-20 seconds.

The logic behing it is: low damage=faster reload, high damage =slower reload.
Otherwise they'll be way overpowered (and exploited accordingly).
Because the reload is so slow now, their overall dps is currently similar to the kiwio. A 30% reduction in cooldown would bring them up to the dps of an amped opalo. Is that really way overpowered? It's a serious question, not a smart-alec remark :)

But when using a Marber, once I kill mob A it is always ready to use to mob B. The problem with the strike chips is that if you use it once on mob A, finish off mob A with other weapons, it's still not ready to use on mob B without waiting 10-20 seconds.

Because the reload is so slow now, their overall dps is currently similar to the kiwio. A 30% reduction in cooldown would bring them up to the dps of an amped opalo. Is that really way overpowered? It's a serious question, not a smart-alec remark :)

ffs, they're not for hunting.

Attack = hunting
Strike = pvp

Yes?!?!?

Attack = hunting
Strike = pvp

Yes?!?!?

But range is shorter than LR-xx (60-66m)?

Compare with the "oldschool" firestorm chips, which have much longer range.

But range is shorter than LR-xx (60-66m)?

Compare with the "oldschool" firestorm chips, which have much longer range.

You can complain to MA about the range if you want, it would be a much more legitimate complaint than the reload speed for a weaponset that does up to 300 damage.

No way should that be quicker reload. Either way, it's still obviously been designed to be a PVP chip, that's why there is definition between X Attack Chip lvl Y and X Strike Chip lvl Y

Take a look at the new, corrosive strike chips - 14 sec cooldown, 3 uses minute. dps fairly comparable to opalo. You'd still probably want to use these only in a combo with attack chips, but wating for the cooldown to end to go to next mob should not be so bad any more.

Take a look at the new, corrosive strike chips - 14 sec cooldown, 3 uses minute. dps fairly comparable to opalo. You'd still probably want to use these only in a combo with attack chips, but wating for the cooldown to end to go to next mob should not be so bad any more.

Got one, and lovin' it!

Attack = hunting
Strike = pvp

Yes?!?!?

Do pvp'ers often want to hit multiple targets with a single shot? Sure it's fun in the ring to launch 5 ppl into the air at once, but I can't imagine it being helpful at the rig. (OK, maybe on one of those noob trip to the rig days.)

Attack = moderate damage confined to one target
Strike = higher damage which can be split to multiple targets

So we have seen looted (L) chips upt to lvl IX.
What a delusion.
I hope something better will start to drop.
Lol at owerpowered.

No way should that be quicker reload. Either way, it's still obviously been designed to be a PVP chip, that's why there is definition between X Attack Chip lvl Y and X Strike Chip lvl Y

My personal oppinion is that the strike chips are practially useless nevertheless. They are nothing as compared to the oldschool VI/VIII firestorm chip.

Isn't the method of aiming with them, the yellow arrow, a bit confusing? Well I think so. For instance, aming is usually done in aim mode, to direct a strike chip you need to switch from aim mode to pointer mode first.

And the lower level ones, that won't do any damage on someone with decent armor, doesn't work in hunting either, because a mob typically aggros as soon as you get into range and then aborts the concentration most of the time.

As for the cooldown, I guess it's a compromise for the oldschool chips that had a long reload. It's just that waiting 30 seconds for a 50 dmg chip feels a bit awkward. The cooldown is worse on the teleport chips, especially the first level one, where you used to be able to do next jump more or less at the same time as you landed, before the change. Now there is first "item locked" before you can even fap, and after that you need to wait for cooldown.

So we have seen looted (L) chips upt to lvl IX.
What a delusion.
I hope something better will start to drop.
Lol at owerpowered.

A problem is that the "useful" chips in auction (depending on your skills ofc and if you want to keep on hunting daikiba young forever or not) will either be overpriced, or if they will be too few, to be practically useful for skilling. I mean, today i used up a VI Electric Attack Chip, which I paid 200 ped for (212%), in 2-3 hours of normal hunting. Neither price (in the long run) or availibility is adequate for someone who wants to use it for serious skilling.

I have ~30 electro (hit) and level 45 electro (dmg) and my goal is currently to bring (dmg) up to 51 within a reasonable time.

(People with the highest level repairable oldschool chip probably have it way easier, as before.)

Last edited:
Do pvp'ers often want to hit multiple targets with a single shot? Sure it's fun in the ring to launch 5 ppl into the air at once, but I can't imagine it being helpful at the rig. (OK, maybe on one of those noob trip to the rig days.)

Attack = moderate damage confined to one target
Strike = higher damage which can be split to multiple targets

In pvp, especially rig, you're not gonna be engaging more than 1 person. In that situation, 100% of your strike damage is concentrated on the 1 target. so there is no argument :)

My personal oppinion is that the strike chips are practially useless nevertheless. They are nothing as compared to the oldschool VI/VIII firestorm chip.

Isn't the method of aiming with them, the yellow arrow, a bit confusing? Well I think so. For instance, aming is usually done in aim mode, to direct a strike chip you need to switch from aim mode to pointer mode first.

A problem is that the "useful" chips in auction (depending on your skills ofc and if you want to keep on hunting daikiba young forever or not) will either be overpriced, or if they will be too few, to be practically useful for skilling. I mean, today i used up a VI Electric Attack Chip, which I paid 200 ped for (212%), in 2-3 hours of normal hunting. Neither price (in the long run) or availibility is adequate for someone who wants to use it for serious skilling.
)

Sorry I bastardised your quote, but:

a) The aiming mode is no different if you select the right option settings and such

b) dont pay so much for them, 200% is stupid lmfao :D just let the prices fall.

Back