Regarding Focus Charges

Peri Brown

Young
Society
Q Entities
Perpagilliam 'Peri' Brown
I have a quick question.

The focus charges allow you to complete the concentration phase before you begin sweating, but do the they have any similar effect on:

Healing
Teleporting
or Nerve Blasting

Thanks!

Not completely sure about the healing..but since no-one else has replied:

teleporting: no
nerve blast and healing: yes

Daikiba Old is right, it works on healing, nerveblast and firestorm, just not teleporting

also, is polite to either ask, or wait to be asked before loading focus charges on random individuals ... (sorry, one of my peeves is being focused without my permission) .

but as for focusing helping i have not seen any difference in tp skills .. but healing, sweating, hunting... yes can help some.

also, is polite to either ask, or wait to be asked before loading focus charges on random individuals ... (sorry, one of my peeves is being focused without my permission) ...

I second that - definately one of my pet peeves as well. I cannot stand getting bubbled when I do not want it. Only way to get rid of it is to either die or relog.

Thanks for the info. Ths is good news, and I believe it's time to buy some more chips.

As for bubbling, I don't mind it when others do it to me unasked. I have heard that it causes lag, or makes you miss when shooting. But this is purely anecdotal and I have never experienced these problems first hand.

would be nice if it worked on teleporting...
it happens often to me when i am out of ammo and want to TP (cause if i die i end at outpost) that a bunch of mobs runs to me and i am too late to TP, i get killed and jups...... back at outpost:scratch2:

Last edited:
I second that - definately one of my pet peeves as well. I cannot stand getting bubbled when I do not want it. Only way to get rid of it is to either die or relog.[/QUOTE

Wow, this is the first time I have seen someone, well two people say it upsets them to get charges. Does it hurt? Or keep you from shooting? I don't think it makes any sound. So why does it bother you so much? And before you write back, THINK beofre you speak. Not trying to start a fight here. Just want to know, maybe I'm missing something. Most of the time I don't even know it's there.

I second that - definately one of my pet peeves as well. I cannot stand getting bubbled when I do not want it. Only way to get rid of it is to either die or relog.[/QUOTE

Wow, this is the first time I have seen someone, well two people say it upsets them to get charges. Does it hurt? Or keep you from shooting? I don't think it makes any sound. So why does it bother you so much? And before you write back, THINK beofre you speak. Not trying to start a fight here. Just want to know, maybe I'm missing something. Most of the time I don't even know it's there.

1. It alters my appearance to others, without my permission.
2. It's just impolite to skill on someone without asking.
3. I can bubble myself and maybe get a skill increase for myself, thank you.

1. It alters my appearance to others, without my permission.
2. It's just impolite to skill on someone without asking.
3. I can bubble myself and maybe get a skill increase for myself, thank you.

1. Nobody can see you are bubbled
2. In pvp (mostly ring) people kill others without asking
3. People also buy a scanner from tt and scan other people... nobody gets offended....

Mostly of all: you have nothing to lose, you are only.... ''bubbled'':)

3. People also buy a scanner from tt and scan other people... nobody gets offended....

1. People can see the shimmering bubble around you when you are focused.
2. You implicitely give permission for others to kill you when you enter a PvP ring (they are clearly designated).
3. Some people are offended by unasked for scans as well (some people are very sensitive).
4. On older computers with low memory and/or graphic cards, the extra animation of the bubble can cause serious lag, forcing a relog/death.

I second that - definately one of my pet peeves as well. I cannot stand getting bubbled when I do not want it. Only way to get rid of it is to either die or relog.

You'll be surprised at how many people get annoyed when people get bubbled without permission. Just ask JimmyB how much (friendly) flak he took when he bubbled a whole bunch of us about to go on a beacon mission! (sorry Jimmy but it's a good example ;))

Being bubbled can cause problems for a quite a few players and I think ITree does answer some of the points made by others very well.

So just being aware it may cause offense and then asking permission first (even if its a general "does anyone object") will prevent a lot of the grumpiness :)

1. People can see the shimmering bubble around you when you are focused.
2. You implicitely give permission for others to kill you when you enter a PvP ring (they are clearly designated).
3. Some people are offended by unasked for scans as well (some people are very sensitive).
4. On older computers with low memory and/or graphic cards, the extra animation of the bubble can cause serious lag, forcing a relog/death.

Ooooook

Hmmmm. I see. Well thx for the feed back on this. :cool:

1. Yes they can. If you can't, it's time to upgrade your graphics settings or equipment.
2. What does pvp or the ring have to do with it?
3. A guy scanned me and I tracked him down and killed him and his whole family.

Ok, I'm lying about #3

as for having a bubble when i am at my house trying to manage my inventory .. i can not place items just where i want them, the bubble is in the way - it interferes (sp?) .. when in a storage bin in town it generally does not make that much difference.. but for house or apartment .. it is more than annoying .. and i work with my inventory often.

also, i can focus myself, thank you.. but, if you are truely that anxious to make bubbles.. find the nearest sweat camp - i am certain that folks there will appreciate the focus much more.

lol, edit your post, phil...looks like you are just arguing with yourself

Yeah, I was quoting a post that had apparently mangled a prior post.

No I wasn't.

Yes, I was.

I bubbled the entire room full of CL awards + MMOWC quals and there was no HOW DARRRRRRR U BIBL MEEEEEE

And scanned them for an hour :p

I usually assume avi's are perving on my cute underwear.

You'll be surprised at how many people get annoyed when people get bubbled without permission. Just ask JimmyB how much (friendly) flak he took when he bubbled a whole bunch of us about to go on a beacon mission! (sorry Jimmy but it's a good example ;))

Being bubbled can cause problems for a quite a few players and I think ITree does answer some of the points made by others very well.

So just being aware it may cause offense and then asking permission first (even if its a general "does anyone object") will prevent a lot of the grumpiness :)

Hehe i didnt know other people could see that you are bubbled:D

For me the biggest problem with bubbles is that it gets in the way when team hunting. I admit it, I'm a first-person-hunter, and take pride in my accurate shooting, hitting the mob even if my teammates are between it and me, shooting over the buddys shoulder or even right between her legs.

When people are bubbled, this is impossible, and this results in a lot of moving around while teamhunting to get a good shooting angle, which costs PED, and I murdered more than one teammate in PVP thanks to this.

Therefore: ask before bubbling.

Regards,
DD

MAs official attitude about this is clear:
- You can focus other avatars without asking permission
- If they ask you not to then don't.
- Continuing focusing of avatars who don't want it, is harassment.

Is it polite? :dunno:
Kinda like scanning people imo. A few doesn't like it, but 95% don't care.

If focus charges are a problem for you when you hunt or do beacons, then relog before you do those things. (That's a good idea anyway)

If your gfx card/computer can't handle focus charges at all, then maybe it's time to get a new gfx card/computer. ;)

so, then, why not just ask before bubbling someone. that is less intrusive. if folks not care they can say yay/nay.

it shows that the one tossing the bubble is willing to cooperate. thus, showing respect for the other player. :yay:

how can showing a thread of respect to other beings be a bad thing:confused:

better thing to ask first, then throw the focus bubble, when accepted.

so, then, why not just ask before bubbling someone. that is less intrusive. if folks not care they can say yay/nay.
Yes, I kinda agree...

But I can also understand why that's not an option for someone skilling MF and wanting to make bubbles 1000 times every day to reach some skill goal (or whatever).

Asking every single time takes much more time, and many ppl wouldn't answer anyway, or be gone long before you had typed their name in the chat.

So... :dunno:

agree to disagree:rolleyes:

as suggested before ... if folks are wanting to just toss bubbles at folks, then hang about where it would be most useful - PA; Sweat camp; nea's... and just start tossing ... in the other town places .. leave be

agree to disagree:rolleyes:

as suggested before ... if folks are wanting to just toss bubbles at folks, then hang about where it would be most useful - PA; Sweat camp; nea's... and just start tossing ... in the other town places .. leave be
That's not the same as you said before.
You kinda imply now, that it's ok to bubble without asking at PA and sweat camp.

As long as skillers abide by the rules they have the right to skill the way they find most effective.
So should a few % who thinks it's "not polite" prevent skillers from reaching thier goal the most effective way? That's not very considerate or polite of you either. ;)

Bur anyway... Not a terribly important issue imo.
Just relog if you're bubbled. Or throw a fit or whatever. I don't care. :ahh:

To get this thread on a slightly different tack:
Has anyone else noticed that if 2 people are teamed and focused and one of them happens to die, both of them lose all focus charges?

no - i do not imply that it is ok to bubble without permission.

but, i am not going to change your mind with my arguments. therefore, i leave you to your opinion, and i will retain mine.

i still feel that asking first is polite. and should be to the one being bubbled the choice if they will receive a bubble or not.

Hehe i didnt know other people could see that you are bubbled:D

that's why it's called beeing bubbled

.. because there's a big ass bubble surrounding you

Back