Help: Remove decay and ammo burn while firing at "unreachable" mobs

RobBuona

Elite
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Patrizia Pandemic Giano
While the purpose of this feature is to prevent people from intentionally trapping mobs, they often end up unreachable due to circumstances which are difficult or impossible to control for the player. This, plus the fact that decay and ammo burn were already removed when firing in the air means it only makes sense to remove these costs as well. They are frustrating and unnecessary and I would like to see this in a VU in the not too distant future.

Isn't this already the case? :confused:

Did you read the last few VU release notes?

Exactly that got implemented. No decay/ammo burn when you do not inflict damage.
But there are 2 exceptions:
In PvP enabled areas
For Area of Effect weapons like flamethrower and strike chips

Did you read the last few VU release notes?

Exactly that got implemented. No decay/ammo burn when you do not inflict damage.
But there are 2 exceptions:
In PvP enabled areas
For Area of Effect weapons like flamethrower and strike chips
Okay...

Admittedly I was testing this on Amethera and I didn't think about that. But why should I incur unnecessary costs when I'm killing mobs in some open area on Amethera? Doesn't really make sense.

Imo flamethrowers should not decay/use ammo when firing at air or corpses they can make so flamethrowers cannot be used at close proximity to a teleporter or in certain places like no vehicles at celeste quarry, so people don't spam it constantly and make huge lag to people. Because with such a fast weapon it's extremely easy to miss and to hit corpse before u stop auto use tool. Since flamethrowers only hit one mob at a time I don't see how this would be bad. It would only make it fair. But true AOE weapons should decay/use ammo when miss though.

Back