Suggestion: Remove the crit chance and reload speed caps

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
I think these caps originally served a good purpose as crit chance directly hurt MA. After that was fixed and 2.0 was introduced, the capping mechanic still served the purpose of having a playing field that couldn't become too warped in the favor of those who had access to all of the crit items and the best rings. However, since the way mayhems work is less geared towards pitting players up against each other and more geared towards pure grinding, I believe it makes sense to remove the caps in place to keep markup high on boxes and introduce new items for further progression of the game. I don't think there is really a reason to stop someone from potentially having much higher dps or DPP anymore, especially if new creature and loot development is implemented.

A lot of what you say makes sense in this day and age, but I think such a change would bring too much turbulence to the existing values of items.
So I am forced to disagree.

If the current format of releasing rings was kept, I believe it would actually increase the value of most existing rings since many combinations are made invalid or less useful by exceeding caps. Maybe not accross the board, but I'm fairly positive the current Easter ring for example would be worth a lot more if the crit chance could exceed 5%. The reason it's so low in value is because it's useless to combine with most good left hand rings since their crit chance can't be utilized.

Edit: can someone explain why both the current Easter ring and Easter boxes wouldn't increase in price if this was done if you believe that's the case as well as which items you believe would lose a lot of value? I would like some extra insight.

Last edited:
If the current format of releasing rings was kept, I believe it would actually increase the value of most existing rings since many combinations are made invalid or less useful by exceeding caps. Maybe not accross the board, but I'm fairly positive the current Easter ring for example would be worth a lot more if the crit chance could exceed 5%. The reason it's so low in value is because it's useless to combine with most good left hand rings since their crit chance can't be utilized.

Edit: can someone explain why both the current Easter ring and Easter boxes wouldn't increase in price if this was done if you believe that's the case as well as which items you believe would lose a lot of value? I would like some extra insight.
That’s the reason that I intentionally called it turbulent. Whether items go up or down in value, it’s still an instability, and instabilities erode investor confidence. The bulk of the player bases PED is tied up in the markup of items, but if every VU they were worried that their values could either double or be worthless as the result of an over excited dev team, then players just wouldn’t hold those items.

I just don’t think it’s a good idea to turn a RCE like EU completely on its head to change a system that still works fine.

Back