rental system

bigkahuna

Dominant
Society
Entropy
Victor Bigkahuna Stringfellow
was thinking this week on how a rental system could work, and here is my idea:

all rentals to be done through the auction system so that MA will make income from the system.

there will be a section of the auction that has items for rent, the owner of the item will place the item, duration and rental fee in the entry form when they place the item, and placing the item costs 50 ped.

when someone rents the item, the peds will be transferred to the owner of the item, with a small fee paid to MA, and the clock starts on the rental time.

only items at full TT will be allowed to be put in the auction to be rented.

every 4 hours, the rented item will be returned to full tt by a deduction from the renter's ped card, if they dont have the peds on their card, the item will stop working until its repaired to full tt, and if its not repaired after 24 hours, the item is automatically transferred back to the owner's inventory to be rented again or used by the owner.

the owner always retains full ownership of the item, it is listed as "rented out" in the owners inventory, and "rented" in the renters inventory.

at the end of the rental period, the item will be automatically returned to full TT and transferred back to the owners inventory.

the rented items cannot be traded or TT'd at any time by the renter.

i dont know much about programming, but i dont think something like this would take too much effort by mindark, and would give the owners a way to make peds on their items, and the rest of us to have a chance to use the high end items for a nominal fee, with no chance of the item ever being stolen from the owner.

do you think this kind of system would work?

Threads such as this, which offer suggestions of desired changes or features for Entropia Universe, belong in the Wishlist forum (where you will see that the rental systems idea has been suggested many times :wise:).

A nice idea for how it might work. There have been plenty of suggestions for rental systems but this one looks doable. The only thing which would have to be changed is that the person hirign the item would have to pay in advance - The person renting pays (say) 100 PED and will have that item until the tt has decreased by 100 PED. It will then have to be repaired back to full tt before being used again.
the rented item will be returned to full tt by a deduction from the renter's ped card
The PED must be paid up front otherwise it is open to abuse.

(where you will see that the rental systems idea has been suggested many times :wise:).

Might this be first time when through-auction-system is suggested tho? :wise:^2

Yeh it is a good idea to have a rental system...
Somehow I think MA wont do it, because it is a good idea.
If anyone comes up with a bad idea , they will proably do it.
For example like less loot for everyone . huhuhuh

I wish there is a rental system so I can lease some nice shit.

OK, so an official rental system is not a new idea. In fact it's almost ancient.

But the fact that it keeps coming back shows that it is a something that is wanted, and as such, something that is needed.

For reasons of their own MA seen 100% against the idea though.

Ah well, such is life.

OK, so an official rental system is not a new idea. In fact it's almost ancient.

But the fact that it keeps coming back shows that it is a something that is wanted, and as such, something that is needed.

For reasons of their own MA seen 100% against the idea though.

Ah well, such is life.

Most likely because an official rental system would make everything more available and at a more reasonable price, for a small period of time admitidely but available nevertheless.

And this would go against MA bringing into light a simple economic law, that being that scarcity breeds value.

But we can still hope :)

~Tracer

I like the idea of using the existing auction system to rent out items which would allow anyone to rent even smaller items. This would create an even larger economy with Peds moving through MA's hands to another person causing a greater profit for MA and greater availability to all players of most items. Would still have to figure out the right system for the TT decay of the item before implementing a system like this.
Good idea though.

Jet

Jetcraft;1697574 Would still have to figure out the right system for the TT decay of the item before implementing a system like this. Good idea though. Jet[/QUOTE said:
the auto repair feature would be a solution to this,

automatically deduct ped from ped card every X hours to return item to full TT

the auto repair feature would be a solution to this,

automatically deduct ped from ped card every X hours to return item to full TT

I think my idea of an item being loaned out initially with it's minimum TT would be the best solution. It would simply be up to you to put the amount of TT on it that you required.

~Tracer

Back