Suggestion: replace fire root in defense enhancer BPs

infamousH4

Old Alpha
Society
Hardcore
h4mmer 4nd s1ckle
why are armor defense enhancers 500-1000% mark up?

maybe its time to redesign the blueprint??

lots of the fire root is being used for armatrix weapons which leaves no fire root for defense enhancers..

im not the balancing managers but even to me this looks like unfinished work from devs. there thousands of us that need enhancers.. this waiting 2-3 years before realizing there is an issue is getting very old.. we need these adjustments yesterday not 3 years from now..

Last edited:
I know it's used in some L guns too.

I still mine a bit of it, but the rates have really dropped, especially outside of lootable PVP. It would probably be easier to bump the availability up again to "normal" rather than change everything outright though. That said, there area a few areas you can find it in decent amounts. I don't complain too much as a miner at least, but a little more availability even with lower MU could still be a net gain for us miners still.

One of the reasons I haven't tiered my armor to tier 3 yet. Since I don't use any armor defense enhancers because of the ridiculous MU. They should make fire root way more common. Armor def enhancers shouldn't be higher than 200% MU (ideally lower).

Great point. The most expensive daily mission to craft defense enhancers.

The weapons fire root is used for are also the weapons that sell more than any other gun in the game I believe. Defense enhancers shouldn't be that expensive either IMO. I think adding more fire root drops would benefit everyone here.

Do you understand what you wrote?
I'm pretty tired ATM, but I think what I wrote made sense. LR 40 and LR 45 blueprints both use fire root globule, which is where the bulk of the fire root is being used.

well I still can get more Fire Root then pyrite at pvp4 so there is no problem with the fire root drop rate!
Remove lyst from pvp4 never beeen there before.

You used to be able to hit globals and hof's on fire root. That is not the case anymore, but they clearly made that possible for pyrite to hof big for dmg enhancers so I have to believe they could make a rebalancing and allow bigger waves of fire root like they do pyrite in certain zones.

Players: OMG! The economy is dead, there is no MU whatsoever! We need more MU for some stuff!
Also Players: Fire root MU is to high! ESIs MU is to high! (to quote only some recent threads)... etc., etc...

One simple question: If MU is so high, why don`t you go mining fire root? You don`t like peds? Or?

beint Pyrite 140....150% i assume the problem is low availability and not PVP zone
(and i hate PVP lootable)
it is a matter of drop baoancing..... need more fire root nodes

Ark pvp used to hit fire root as much as oil, was tt food. They could definitely add a bit more I think.

My point is: this is a free market, regulated by a simple thing called offer and demand (most of the time).

So the question is: why don`t you guys do the same thing you`d do in a real life market, why don`t you take this opportunity and make some money?

[Moderated to remove reply to deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:
don't monria still have fire root?

My point is: this is a free market, regulated by a simple thing called offer and demand (most of the time).
So the question is: why don`t you guys do the same thing you`d do in a real life market, why don`t you take this opportunity and make some money?
The problem is unlike real life there is no way to increase production. If MA sets 40 PED tt to drop an hour, there is NO way to get past that, even if 500 tt is needed an hour for ingame demands.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is unlike real life there is no way to increase production. If MA sets 40 PED tt to drop an hour, there is NO way to get past that, even if 500 tt is needed an hour for ingame demands.
Anything but a free market.

This statement is worth alot

Also keep in mind that fire root MU isn't the only component here. All enhancers have a MU penalty when crafting because you can only get one enhancer per click, even on globals. Each empty enhancer per craft is 1 ped, while the defense enhancer is only 0.4 ped. While you get residue back, the breakeven MU is always going to be higher for enhancers that normal crafting. Globals especially are always going to go into residue rather than the item you're crafting.

If anything would be changed, it seems like the enhancer crafting system might be the more apt target, but if we get bulk enhancers being crafted, what will that do to the market? In that case, I could see MA upping the break rate to compensate, so I'd be surprised if they really dug into changing the system.

Makes it not even be worth using armor enhancers IMO. Either make fire root much more commonly mined up or yes change it from being used in this bp.

It used to be much more common, and defense enhancers were well worth using. They aren't anymore.

Stopped tiering armor for this reason. Costs less to tier most armors than to buy enhancers for the slots :p

Back