Question: Report Scammer allowed if....

Adamas

Old Alpha
Society
Planet Express
Usurper Adamas Sheridan
I couldn't find the big thread for the rules discussion so I started a new thread. I'm sure an admin will toss this post into that big discussion thread if it still exists.

2.13 - Scamming Accusation
Accusations of "scamming" that name specific Entropia Universe avatars or EntropiaForum members are NOT permitted. Such threads or posts will be edited, deleted or locked without notice. For more info on the purpose of this rule, please see this thread: Rationale for the "no naming and shaming" forum rule.

So is it against the rules to make the "Accusation" because it cant be confirmed? What if you can prove a scam offically? Someone scammed me and I have all the proof, I Emailed MA to get the log files and such along with my own screenshots and logs.

My uncle is a Police officer and on monday I'm going to see him to file a report and he is going to contact MA to get the information on the other user so we can start this process.

Anyway, point is. If its not an "Accusation" but a closed proven legal case can it be posted in the forums to warn others of this user?

I couldn't find the big thread for the rules discussion so I started a new thread. I'm sure an admin will toss this post into that big discussion thread if it still exists.

2.13 - Scamming Accusation
Accusations of "scamming" that name specific Entropia Universe avatars or EntropiaForum members are NOT permitted. Such threads or posts will be edited, deleted or locked without notice. For more info on the purpose of this rule, please see this thread: Rationale for the "no naming and shaming" forum rule.

So is it against the rules to make the "Accusation" because it cant be confirmed? What if you can prove a scam offically? Someone scammed me and I have all the proof, I Emailed MA to get the log files and such along with my own screenshots and logs.

My uncle is a Police officer and on monday I'm going to see him to file a report and he is going to contact MA to get the information on the other user so we can start this process.

Anyway, point is. If its not an "Accusation" but a closed proven legal case can it be posted in the forums to warn others of this user?

Why not pm 711 and ask him

Do note however - you can't PUBLICLY name them - you could still PM the name to anyone who asks you for it, if there is any interests.

Is this against the rules? Damn rules lol.
I guess I could just tell someone in game who knows alot of people to spread the word, its that against any rules?

Buzz is my friend, I think you all know him, he knows all about this situation since it started.

Whatever, we'll see how it goes on monday with the cops.

One thing about cops, is you hate having them at family gatherings because you have to watch what you do, but they are good to have when you need them. hehe.

I guess I could just tell someone in game who knows alot of people to spread the word, its that against any rules?

Buzz is my friend, I think you all know him, he knows all about this situation since it started.

Whatever, we'll see how it goes on monday with the cops.

One thing about cops, is you hate having them at family gatherings because you have to watch what you do, but they are good to have when you need them. hehe.

Nope, it isn't against the rules to tell someone something by PM, as long as you don't harass them. If someone asks you who the scammer is, you can PM them the info. Also - it isn't against the rules in game unless it is taken to a harassing degree, the line of which is fuzzy and ever-shifting at best.

As for cops - I understand. My job has me dealing with lawyers, judges, government agents, and local law enforcement agencies all day long. Sometimes those guys are great... sometimes, not so much.

Proven according to which legal standard? in which jurisdictions? to which evidentiary standards and procedures? legal proof isn't black and white in an international situation.

other planets may allow this information hint

Part of the reason is that MA can only track what happens in EU.

If, for example, I offered to give a friend an EU item in return for a couple of bottles of RL home-brewed wine; MA's logs would show only that avatar B received an item from avatar A and gave nothing in return. It looks like a possible scam from the evidence that they have - although facts that they don't have tell a different story.

Okay, this thread has generated alot of PMs and interesting information.
I'm going to see how it goes with the police on Monday and depending on how that goes I might just post all the information on Lykke's forum which people tell me dont have this "no naming scammers" rule.

For people wanting the information via PM I'll wait until next week and PM ya a link to the post on Lykke's forum if/when I post it.

In anycase, Thanks for the support everyone and the interest.

Should have alerted be back in December, near the Holidays. Would have saved my ass...Because, ya know, police love their donuts, and will fuck you up if you take their donuts away from them.

You see, EF protects scammers. Very lame. Imho scammers should be denounced publically and thrown with rotten tomatos so others don't fall for their scams. Every one who protects scammers, supports scamming. That's bad and such people shall be punished too

Back