Info: -repping costs 1 EFD

What is your opinion about paying 1 EFD to -rep somebody?

• 1 EFD is a fair price to pay

Votes: 46 24.9%
  • the price should be higher

Votes: 23 12.4%
  • the price should be waaaaaay higher

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • -repping should be free

Votes: 16 8.6%
  • I want to get 1 EFD just like +reps

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • Couldn't care less

Votes: 67 36.2%

• Total voters
Status
Now let's see:
10 PED is $1
4000 EFD is roughly 10 PED
1 EFD is roughly one fortieth of a cent!
Or to put it another way:
4 EFD is 1 PEC
1 sweat costs 0.5 PEC
1 EFD is half a sweat!

I think I can afford that....

Now let's see:
10 PED is $1
4000 EFD is roughly 10 PED
1 EFD is roughly one fortieth of a cent!
Or to put it another way:
4 EFD is 1 PEC
1 sweat costs 0.5 PEC
1 EFD is half a sweat!

I think I can afford that....

Hmm that gives me an idea, its quicker to post 2 posts than to gain 1 sweat. So forum whoring and EFD farming can be more lucrative than sweating!

while 1 efd costs is kinda symbolic (as is the 1 efd gain for +rep) and i personally don't care about that ammount anyways, both plus and neg rep should be efd neutral.

since rep is an expression ofyour opinion towards someone's post, there should be no bias due to efd background. what's next, loose efd if you rate a thread with less than 3 stars :scratch2:

and loss of some efd wouldn't stop anyone from a neg repping spree i'm sure.

You can also get in a minus balance for -repping while you have no EFD on, tobad you can never get lower than about -50 or so, because you get EFD per month. Anyone want to start a project -EFD?

Whow, quite a lot of responses :). I'd say looking at the poll so far the majority seems to accept the current ruling and/or is happy about it.

*bump* :)

i have a curious question...

say a person has 0 efd on their account for whatever reason.

Does this mean they cannot - rep someone ?? :D

From what I know this is possible. E.g. if you post something and get EFDs for that, then put your EFDs on your savings account and then some mod decides that the thread fits to a non-EFD-forum or removes the thread the EFDs you got will be removed from your checking account => you have negative EFDs. This isn't too rare, I had this happening on me, too.

Due to that I assume that you can -rep the dung out of EF and turn out to owe some EFDs to the system. So if you get a call from 711 one day to mow his lawn you may know why :D:D:D.

so EFD Sweating, thats like spamming all the threads in the hof section with gratz? :)

I'm not Kimmi ;)

less spam, and also not so many posts at all :(
you could also charge people for each letter that they write to prevent long ranting posts with abolutely nothing important or interesting to say. Kinda like this one

Well, ever heard of Scrabble? With the different values of the letters? With the multiplier and all? (Well, I have absolutely know idea about how Scrabble works since I haven't played it yet though I know that there are some points and rules involved... So if what I just said is totally off forget about it :rolleyes:).

What I miss is a NeutralRep, which gives nor removes any EFD.
Because sometimes I want to send a mini-message which is off-topic and I dont wan't to polluate the thread with my silly post. And I realize that this post is partially off-topic, feel free to -Rep me if you dare. ;)

Feel free to use PMs ;)

Having read some of the -ve reps I have got, I think a higher charge should be levied, say 100 EFD?

If someone wants to spend 100 EFD to insult me for what I thought to be a fair post, that's fair enough.
They lost more EFD then I lost rep. :D

Plus, when I look at the -ve reppers rep and posts, I normally feel a glow of satisfaction.
For Him to -ve me means I am on the right track! :laugh:

To me at least, a -rep (from someone whos been around awhile at least) means more than some EFD so sure, charge a lil efd if you wanna -rep someone

+1EFD for -Reps !!!

What I miss is a NeutralRep, which gives nor removes any EFD.
Because sometimes I want to send a mini-message which is off-topic and I dont wan't to polluate the thread with my silly post. And I realize that this post is partially off-topic, feel free to -Rep me if you dare. ;)

Good WE in EU or on Earth! :D

Feel free to use PMs ;)

Offtopic
That would be useful there are so many posts that only contain " lol :rofl: or just a few words. Something like a fast pm would be nice, if i pm some and just say lol or i agree with that ..he/she will most likely replay asking what i am talking about. If the fast pm will work like reps it would show you the thread maybe the post i was talking about.

p.s o haven`t slept in a while maybe that`s why this idea sounds so good :silly2:

1 efd xD
who cares.. make a post and regain it xD

No, you should neither gain nor lose EFD from + or - reps IMHO.

Firstly, a rep comment is supposed to be an honest comment on the post concerned. Problems with unwarranted -reps can be removed by admins; although I assume the fee is to reduce their (unpaid) workload. Which I don't have a problem with.

Secondly, there are already people using the rep system for vendettas and mutual glorification, a charge just adds another layer of meaninglessness to an already flawed system.

+rep or -rep me for my posts, my attitude, my sense of humour, etc.
An honest comment is all I ask.

+rep or -rep me for my posts, my attitude, my sense of humour, etc.
An honest comment is all I ask.

Meh, that's hard.

Ok, I give you an average rep. And since we don't have that you get none ;). And those are free :)

Status
Back