Required Hardware

Nemesis_Cro

Hatchling
hi @ll,

my pc is 5 years old and has just 256 MB DDR RAM - I read that the minimum RAM should 512 MB be - could that be a problem? I'm downloadin the game (2h left -.-) so I can't test it... .

greets

Nemesis_Cro

When you finally spawn for the first time in PA and it takes you half an hour to run 50 feet, you may wish you had more RAM.

Hope it works for you though.

That is seriously bad news, especially that you will be new and will probably want to start sweating and you will log in in Port Atlantis which is the worst place for lagging.
I had huge problems when I used my old comp with 512 DRAM and 1.6GHz Celeron so I can only dread what it would be like with half the memory. :scratch:
Try to increase your virtual memory though, it "might" help but don't count on it. If you haven't created your avatar yet, select New Oxford to start with, it's much less crowded than PA and it will hopefully allow you to have a feel of the game before you end up blocked by the lagging. Sorry for the bad news, I'm just speaking from experience. :banghead:

beautygal said:
I had huge problems when I used my old comp with 512 DRAM and 1.6GHz Celeron so I can only dread what it would be like with half the memory. :scratch:
You will most certainlly experience quite some lag with 256 MB RAM but 512 RAM should be enough. I have a 3,0 Ghz P4, 512 MB RAM and 128 MB Radeon x300 SE PCI Express video card, and I don't have any problems with lag. So try to upgrade to at least 512 MB RAM.

I have Athlon Xp 2400+ at 2000mhz and 512 ram.

I dont have lag or when i have its very low. The problem is the changes MA made to the 3D engine. They suck and eat alot of ram.

People sometimes make the mistake of mix up lag with low fps and then they jumpy or cant move. Thats a problem with the video not lag.

I have ATI 9700pro overclocked and runs my other games very well.

All I can say is, I play Doom3 1024x768 32bits medium details and rocks.

PE/EU is not even close of Doom3 in video card requirements and give alot of work to ram and video card.

I already saw here people complaining with SLI from Nvidia or Crossfire from ATI getting problems with moving inside PE/EU.

The problem is not the hardware, the problem is MA that keeps not fixing ram and video problems but just want to find more ways to make money and have no respect for the players problems.

WE NEED THIS PROBLEMS SOLVED ASP MA. PLZ!

Confirm that EU eats up more system resources than games which look much, much better.

Regardless, I have two computers. One that will run EU nicely, one that cant.

1. Runs Nicely:

2.9 Ghtz processor, 1 gig ram, 256 mb ati agp video card.

2. Runs Horribly:

2.0 Ghtz processor, 1.25 gig ram, 128 mb ati pci video card.

Go Figure.

Amanita said:
2. Runs Horribly:

2.0 Ghtz processor, 1.25 gig ram, 128 mb ati pci video card.

Go Figure.
How can Entropia run horribly on a 1.25 gig ram and 128 MB ati pci video card? :umn: It runs perfect on my computer and I only have 3.0 Ghz CPU, 512 MB RAM with 128 MB pci express.

Yeah..

It really beats the hell outta me too.

That's why the "go figure".

Could be anything from internet connection to display drivers or something else I don't care to investigate.

Hardly matters since it works fine on at least one computer. :)

My guess is that the video card & processor factor in just as heavily as available ram.

-Ama

Back