Resource types limited on size?

I have heard multiple miners say that the rarer resources are capped based on the amp size that you use, but I've never seen any hard data that's out there.

Anecdotally or on a data basis, is this true?

Forgive the nooby questions - I'm still less than a year old in this game and feel like I still have a ridiculous amount to learn.

Have you looted tridenite ?
If so i am sure most of the claims were lower than average claim size you would get.

I dont have sheet with exact data but yea some resource tends to get lower when using amp above X size etc

Wasn't there a guy that hit a 20k rugaritz at one point though?

Yes, but that was in like 2006 or something. Hasn't been possible to get a claim like that in a long time.

Edit: original thread here. Unfortunately the screenshot is no longer working:

Last edited:
Yes, but that was in like 2006 or something. Hasn't been possible to get a claim like that in a long time.

Edit: original thread here. Unfortunately the screenshot is no longer working:

That raises the question then: is it better to mine unamped all the time when searching for these kinds of mats?

Mining unamped or terra + level 2 brings most markup, but it requires lots of patience.

Yeah...mining (for profit) is very time consuming. On the plus side though, it's easier to avoid going broke than it is with hunting.

As you get to bigger amps, you aren't just chasing MU, but calculating how many net ped you are gaining per unit time. If you're chasing high MU with small amps, your net % might be high, but someone with a lower net % but bigger drop cost can still be making more ped per hour.

Some resources (generally rare ones) are very hard to get amped. For others, that can be the case, it can change, or it's just part of it's natural variation where it happens to "shut off" a time or two when you amp, so you notice it and think there's a trend. For a time years ago, Dianthus hits were definitely reduced while amped and I had data on that, but I don't see that trend as much these days with that resource.

Yep its been capped for forever.

Kingofaces said everything perfectly. Nothing to add, couldnt say it better.

Used to be RT alternative was the only uncapped thing worth doing time/cycle-wise, been years since i stopped mining tho so no clue whats best now. Again, kingofaces nailed it. Actually part of why mining feels stupid, tho i admit that i wouldnt know how to do it better from MAs view.

Back