Response from MA Support Case

Status

anonimity

Stalker
Kayla Mystique Sinclair
I filed a support case titled "Hussk Loot" with the following message.

or maybe a better title is 'no loot' or lack of loot. we spent thousands of ped to kill the stupid uber mob (hussk) and in return it was neither shared loot nor any loot at all. aside from cost to spawn, this mob as i am sure you are aware of has 1.95 million HP and insane regeneration. after spending hundreds of ped personally on ammo, and hundreds of other players to spend similar amounts, we get a big smack in the face by seeing no loot on the toughest mob in game to kill. way to go. this is extreme abuse of the players and if we don't all get some sort of refund i expect alot of us will not be playing much longer.

i'm sure you have many other support cases on the same subject but you need to issue a formal statement as to why we all just get 'F***ed'... thanks.

This is what I got back today...

Hi,

Thank you for your report. I have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation and any irregularities found will be adjusted. Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Owen | Planet Calypso Support

dont know how you guys take that, but it doesnt sound like a positive outlook to me

Support can't do anything until they have been given instructions on what to do. Something that won't happen until the investigation into this matter is finished.

Support can't do anything until they have been given instructions on what to do. Something that won't happen until the investigation into this matter is finished.

Sure, but they could at least make their response a bit more personal and sorry about the issue than a copy/paste.

While I am certain that Owen, as an individual, is sympathetic to the situation, I am equally as certain that Owen cannot respond as such. Owen isn't the guy who makes decisions. He is merely, for better lack of a word, an operator. He sits at the "switchboard" and directs call to where it needs to go.

Perhaps you would have preferred Owen to respond with something like this:

OMG, that totally sucks! It shouldn't have happened that way, and we truly are trying to resolve the situation!

While that would have been nice, Owen would, most likely, find himself in the unemployment line.

The MindArk CEO needs to make a statement to recover this public relations disaster, especially when MindArk are about to start advertising the game. At the moment Kim, the playerbase has NO CONFIDENCE in any new event MindArk will plan. There are plenty of youtube videos displaying this disaster, MindArk needs to respond and then investigate.
Keeping silent is not good.
If this was my company, I would personally apologise to my customers and offer something to placate the anger. This stuff up with big mobs has happened too many times, somebody needs firing! This is very unprofessional, how can MindArk compete against companies like those running EVE, RIFT, SWTOR etc when they don't communicate with the playerbase??

I wished they stopped copy/pasting....

little off topic but I would like to point out services centers cost a great deal to run, adding the required number of csr's to provide hand written messages for every case would end up costing all of us who deposit much more then whats needed. I'm happy with any support case as long as I get the information I needed/results. canned messages in the end save us money, in this case if that's all the csr was able to do regarding this message the replay was to the point and provided the information available at the time.

The MindArk CEO needs to make a statement to recover this public relations disaster, especially when MindArk are about to start advertising the game. At the moment Kim, the playerbase has NO CONFIDENCE in any new event MindArk will plan. There are plenty of youtube videos displaying this disaster, MindArk needs to respond and then investigate.
Keeping silent is not good.
If this was my company, I would personally apologise to my customers and offer something to placate the anger. This stuff up with big mobs has happened too many times, somebody needs firing! This is very unprofessional, how can MindArk compete against companies like those running EVE, RIFT, SWTOR etc when they don't communicate with the playerbase??

I'm sure some statement will be made however it is better to wait until the investigation is finished so that we know exactly what we're dealing with and how it will be handled. This doesn't have anything to do with the OP though, there are enough threads calling out MA.

I'm sure some statement will be made however it is better to wait until the investigation is finished so that we know exactly what we're dealing with and how it will be handled. This doesn't have anything to do with the OP though, there are enough threads calling out MA.

Indeed, Kim, perhaps it may be better, from MA's point of view, to wait "...until the investigation is finished". However, you're looking at a player base that is honestly fed up with what are seemingly blatant cash grabs (as seen from the players' POV...you might see it as a programming glitch but we don't have your knowledge base) and MA MUST do everything possible to nip this in the bud. Hence, communication is the key here....I'm sure everyone would be happy with some kind of statement from MA saying that "Hey, folks, we messed up a bit on the Hussk event but, hang in there, we have all the logs. We are fully aware of who spent what in terms of ammo and decay and we're gonna do OUR BEST to see that this doesn't happen again. Those who participated in the event will figure strongly in our attempt to make it up to the Community. Yours sincerely, (insert name here)".

Something like that would surely help to douse the fires that are currently burning....please don't let this become the conflagration that is forming ATM...

Indeed, Kim, perhaps it may be better, from MA's point of view, to wait "...until the investigation is finished". However, you're looking at a player base that is honestly fed up with what are seemingly blatant cash grabs (as seen from the players' POV...you might see it as a programming glitch but we don't have your knowledge base) and MA MUST do everything possible to nip this in the bud. Hence, communication is the key here....I'm sure everyone would be happy with some kind of statement from MA saying that "Hey, folks, we messed up a bit on the Hussk event but, hang in there, we have all the logs. We are fully aware of who spent what in terms of ammo and decay and we're gonna do OUR BEST to see that this doesn't happen again. Those who participated in the event will figure strongly in our attempt to make it up to the Community. Yours sincerely, (insert name here)".

Something like that would surely help to douse the fires that are currently burning....please don't let this become the conflagration that is forming ATM...

What? You expect a company to admit that something is messed up before they have actually completed an investigation and confirmed that something is messed up? Really?

No. The better response is "We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment participants may have experienced during the recent Hussk event. This matter is being investigated and adjustments will be made in accordance with the findings of that investigation. We appreciate your patience while we look into this." Which is not far off from the message that was received.

I started EU in 2006. Customer support has come a very long way along the road of improvement since that time. It truly shocks me how quickly I receive a response. Give a little credit for their efforts.

Hugs,
Aliana

Maybe we shouldnt be MA's beta testers again, as we always have been.

What they just get 2 mil off the land deeds? They nickel and dime us to death in the game, and have a shoddy, at best, support center. Wow, im so not surprised.

It just seems to me that thier business model is about low cost to them, not about customer satisfaction.

Ever work in a tech support centre? Worst job ever. Give the support staff a break.

Sure it's a clusterfck, sure many people are obviously angry, and i'm very sure questions at Ma will be asked and i guess somebody will get a roasting over this..

To give the poor guy at support hassle though isn't really fair, he's not the organ grinder - he's just following instructions.

Not very good PR with the youtube vids tho i agree, looks bad... really bad.

I started EU in 2006. Customer support has come a very long way along the road of improvement since that time. It truly shocks me how quickly I receive a response. Give a little credit for their efforts.

That may be true. But seriously, how hard can a custom reply template for a big upset like this be? Sounds like something that need have been done when David notified support?

This doesn't have anything to do with the OP though, there are enough threads calling out MA.

And they still dont get the fucking hint right? Wake up, step up and stop hiding all the time. (MA CEO not you personally Kim)

-Bemo-

The most amazing part of this mess is the math dont work out.

2500 HP regen a sec / 12 = 208.33 DPS atleast per player

Only 2 weapons ingame can meet that criteria and one is MA only and the other one is a Unique (L) weapon.
Where the heck did they figure this can be done as a non shared loot mob ?

And again now deleted part of my post without even leaving a message. Thanks Kim, I know its you because mods delete posts and leave a reason you just blank it. And your actively monitoring this thread.

To add back what was just deleted again.

{DELETED}

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Back