***RESULTS! WoF 2012 FINAL: New CHAMPIONS!***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hi, I've had time to go over the scores and reached what I think is the most accurate total of the three teams who took part in the 3-Way Final last weekend. As expected, the results are the same as given on the day.

Our new WoF Champions are TEAM DACH, a team with rich WoF History; as Team GERMANY some of their members took part in the first ever WoF in 2007 and have remained with the event ever since, gaining momentum behind their team, always doing better than before, and reaching the Final for the first time last year. As the organiser I pay attention to the different approaches to the event by individual teams and DACH's participation has always come across as well-planned, prepared and organised. Thank you Team DACH for six years of sportsman-like WoFFing, I only hope the wait was worth it.

Second were Team SWEDEN, who took off with a massive surge of Support scores, were the first to Sweep, and looked to be catching DACH at every turn. Seemingly unbeatable throughout this year's tournament, the reigning Champions were outgunned by DACH's global-happy Main Team, who opened a gap they could not keep closed. I'd like to thank Sweden for a great 6 years of participation and consolation for not winning a consecutive Title; I'd have to admit they were my favourites to win this year.

Third were Team BeNeLux, on their first turn at a WoF Final, and sure not to be their last. Another team formed from WoF Old-Timers, BeNeLux started things rolling on Saturday with a HoF on the Chirpy Mutated Bonus Mob, giving them an early 50-point lead. Despite their plucky Support eventually scoring enough to reach the Support Cap (something winners DACH did not achieve this match) the heights reached by Sweden and DACH left them trailing; albeit with a score that would have won most other matches this year.

Final Scores:

DACH:830
Main: 399+50, Support 216+25+50, +75 Sweep, +15 Loot
Sweden: 711
Main: 261+50, Support 250(capped)+25+50, +75 Sweep
BeNeLux:662
Main: 187+50, Support 250(capped)+25+50, +75 Sweep

Thanks to PLANETCALYPSOFORUM for the use of this Sub-Forum once more, it really makes things easy to manage. Thanks again to all three teams, all the Judges who helped this year, and all the other teams; without you, the WoF is nothing. Thanks also to the SPONSORS this year; Deathifier as always, but also Meculus, Addz, Narfi, Kebplay, and others.
May I just add a further plug for all the LA's we used this year, as well as EntropiaTransport.com:
Offering cheap scheduled flights, VIP flights, and Free Repair Skilling 24/7

The SCAR prizes are being assembled ready for presentation to the 3 winning Support Teams at the same ceremony as the Main Teams. (And yes, Jimmy, your prize also:))

Now it just remains for Mindark to arrange the prize presentation to the following:

WoF 2012 CHAMPIONS: TEAM DACH:

1. xXMajor Sir SharkGT EliteXx
2. Tina abuyin Walther
3. Florian Vlooe Fischer
4. MH Grave Digger
5. Ulla Jamira Braun
6. Conny1303 Conny1303 Konika
7. Shawn Thark Columbo
8. Felix Kiste
9. Richman1 Richman Killer
10. kawa shurkamp saki
11. Maren Kleene Scharf
12. Parlog Parlog Gothakaur

WoF 2012 2nd Place FINALISTS Team SWEDEN:

anders gorro johansson
Bigfot Tomten Painkiller
Carlos BlueBoy DeFortisimo
chris enzo Enzo
Joe Lucky Wish
one crappy player
Jorgen LightStar Eriksson
Max Extreme hunter
Roger HUGGHUGG Nilsson
Rune Belgarion Haugen
Jimmy Xpl0jd Volten
Lars Mr Lars Sebra

WoF 2012 3rd Place FINALISTS Team BeNeLux:

Siobhan Siam Ameno (captain)
Atami Tami Atami
Nono Arno Sapiens
Doctor The Viking FeelGood
Naomi NP Polder
Petrus PM Molinos
Mike Freyr Perry
Sabriel Mordicant One of Nine
Ringo DRDoom Pow
Poison Ivy Suffistica Abbalah
Smartiez Smartiez mms
slupor slupor slupor

Can't wait to see what colour the Jackets are, and what a WoF Bravo looks and shoots like...
Forwarding your names to Mindark now.

I'll keep you posted:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Oh well ... the colour :scratch2:

First of all I have to thank Hurrikane for running this great event over all the years! Pure fun since 2007. With all ups and downs it is constantly the biggist event driven by colonists. Keep it up, Hurri!

But as Hurri mentioned above: It would be nothing without all the participants. At the one hand the Main Teams with lots of costs and a vague chance of win. At the other hand all the Support Teams (usually with judge-confusing names). So let me bow to all the supporters from all teams (especially Team DACH's supporters ofcourse:D). They are kinda the soul of the event. No chance to win a special jacket or whatever but ready to rip their arse off for the win. I have a feeling that it is the true spirit of the event!

Some of you know, that I am not really the First Fanboy of MindArk/Planet Calypso :) But they improved their engagement for WoF over the years and offered a new stage this year. So thank you MA for supporting and sponsoring this fun! This is the right course to improve player experiance in a good way. (Pssst! Don't forget a reward for the WoF-Boss!)

How cool congratulations to the winners!! :yay:

Hurrikane re: Benelux's "plucky" support:
Despite their plucky Support eventually scoring enough to Sweep (something winners DACH did not achieve this match)..."

I'm sure you meant "Cap".
:wise:

*fistpump
:D

Tippin'

Despite their plucky Support eventually scoring enough to Sweep (something winners DACH did not achieve this match)..."

Tippin'

Thought we had capped, so we went and swept, then realised the 50 points on bonus mob didn't count so we went back and recapped (and hoffed big!), if that makes sense :confused:

GZ to DACH.

Just correcting the spelling of two names in Team Sweden :)

Jimmy Xpl0jd Volten
Lars Mr Lars Sebra

Thanks Hurrikane, for a great event.

Gratz to Team Sweden and Benelux for a making it into the Top three, and thanks for a great match. (i hear, hehe)

A little bigger gratz to DACH and especialy Partlog. Thanks :)

Regards
Thark

'

Corrected:) Also corrected Swedish team names and forwarded the lot to Mindark.

Hurrikane

Congrats to all participants and winners

weeeee :wtg:
big gratz to all participants, what a well fought and exiting match!

Team DACH made a dream come true! For all of us it was a big surprise because we often thought that we never thought we could make it. For example when i wrobed twice in a row on Hispidus as predamager and the freakin Hisp didnt fall for my mainteam hunter for another hour. Rarely in my life i felt such a shame and while half the team mocked me over ts3 i wanted to crawl under the table. The other half of the team were stunned. Later the loot went better and we won after a really dramatic match.

WoF can evoke the whole emotional bandwidth for everyone participating. We feel like world champions because we know that not a single team made it easy for us to win. We gave our best and so did all the other WoF teams and this is why it feels so special now.

In the name of team DACH i would like to thank everyone involved, Hurrikane, the judges and the teams, MA and LA owners included. Also the community, the trolls, the pirates and all the people who think we must be insane. Also to the people who think we are not insane enough. You all make our lifes so much richer :)

Last edited:
Gratz Team DACH !!!!

Being my first time in WOF I just have to say it is one of best events I have ever participated in. Just the work involved between others to create a great team work effort is amazing. Most all other events are so solo but this one does bring together a team effort.

Thanks Hurrican for creating a great event and thanks to all the judges and staff behind the scenes making the event happen. If this event is running next year I'll be participating again.

The SCAR prizes are being assembled ready for presentation to the 3 winning Support Teams at the same ceremony as the Main Teams. (And yes, Jimmy, your prize also:))

Hurrikane

Hurrikane, please let me know at soon as possible when the award ceremony will be so I can arrange to cover it on AHR

Thanks and Congratz to the winners. :yay:
Lokia

Congratulations to Team DACH ... I have arranged with Parlog to get a group shot on Sunday, and once this has been accomplished, I will be publishing the WoF 2012 Final article at MSM. :)

Looking forward to the coverage of the Award Ceremony Lokia.

I will more than likely be there myself for media coverage. :wtg:

Gratz to dach and everyone who played!

MindArk have just suggested TUESDAY JANUARY 15TH as the date for the prize ceremony. I accepted. Will keep you informed when they decide a time.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Yeah, tuesday is Pub-Quiz day... ;)

Back