FYI: Returning Player - Aiming high in Mining

vizzL

Old
Society
Freelancer
mART vizzL hove
Hello!

A few months ago I returned after many years away from this game.
I used to be a non-depositor, and was surprised to find a few hundred PED in my balance when I returned, of which many disappeared when i prospected FOMA. (I then realized I had chipped my mining skills out prior to quitting) Lets just call it an expensive lesson.
Now I have changed my ways, and I have joined the line of proud depositors and I aim at becoming a high level miner. My problem is that my knowledge is limited over a certain point, as I never reached a particularly high level, and only mined on Caly, never used any amps etc.

I could use someone to direct my questions to in regards to this. I have over the past months learned most of the normal mentoring knowledge, so I am looking for an experienced mining mentor.
I also don't know much about the new mentor system, but I guess this qualifies?

Contact me either here or in game: mART vizzL Hove
PS: I speak English and Norwegian and am 20 years old, studying Geology.

legg meg til i fl :)

add me so we talk further.

TheRock Animalcommander RockY

Add me as well. Mining gets very complicated when you get serious about it and profit. Id love to help you along the way.

Hello!

A few months ago I returned after many years away from this game.
I used to be a non-depositor, and was surprised to find a few hundred PED in my balance when I returned, of which many disappeared when i prospected FOMA. (I then realized I had chipped my mining skills out prior to quitting) Lets just call it an expensive lesson.
Now I have changed my ways, and I have joined the line of proud depositors and I aim at becoming a high level miner. My problem is that my knowledge is limited over a certain point, as I never reached a particularly high level, and only mined on Caly, never used any amps etc.

I could use someone to direct my questions to in regards to this. I have over the past months learned most of the normal mentoring knowledge, so I am looking for an experienced mining mentor.
I also don't know much about the new mentor system, but I guess this qualifies?

Contact me either here or in game: mART vizzL Hove
PS: I speak English and Norwegian and am 20 years old, studying Geology.

Stick with geology irl.

You cannot become a high level miner in game since such a thing does not exist.

You can become a miner, a seeker of fortune, one that imagines a lot of clicks = a miner.

No of course it does not. Anyone can imagine he 'has got it', that he or she 'has it down'.

This of course is all delusional, based on the very human tendency to see patterns where none exist and to ignore losses.

It is a gambling fallacy.

Play by all means, but just play and do not imagine you are God.

Stick with geology irl.

You cannot become a high level miner in game since such a thing does not exist.

You can become a miner, a seeker of fortune, one that imagines a lot of clicks = a miner.

No of course it does not. Anyone can imagine he 'has got it', that he or she 'has it down'.

This of course is all delusional, based on the very human tendency to see patterns where none exist and to ignore losses.

It is a gambling fallacy.

Play by all means, but just play and do not imagine you are God.

I would like to nominate this as the most rational and coherent post by Pezzle EVER!
And for the most part I agree.

However, there is more to mining than imagining patterns and gambling.
There is the real aspect of studying areas for Markup and exploiting them, and that is what a real 'miner' in Entropia does.

There is more to mining than imagining patterns and gambling.
There is the real aspect of studying areas for Markup and exploiting them, and that is what a real 'miner' in Entropia does.

I think so too Narfi, I just wonder that we forget mining might mean actually thinking like a geologist or miner, which might, kick me if I am wrong...lose some other people in this game which...

Might make this game a great game and not a niche environment

I am officially a great miner, though I am not any such thing.

But a little humility goes a long way in a world full of real people.

Add me as well. Mining gets very complicated when you get serious about it and profit. Id love to help you along the way.

lmao and where did you get your information from..........

typical teach them and they know all

Back