Revived on Cyrene Space Station when I was closer to Calypso

INTERNUT

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
INTERNUT
So I got zapped flying from Cyrene to Calypso, yet I was revived on Cyrene Space Station even though I was much closer to Calypso, so how did that happen? Allied to this, is that wherever I spawn my quad-wing in the space station, it vanishes whenever I attempt to get into it.

Last edited:
I assume you hadn’t crossed the server line? You can’t see them on the map like on planets, but you’ll see your ship “jump”/lag when it does cross. It’s like on-planet where it doesn’t matter if a revive terminal is closer to you if it’s in another server.

I see what you mean, but if you can't see the server lines on the map of EU space, how are you supposed to know if you've crossed a server line? All I know is, that I'm going to have to repeat the whole journey all over again, except I can't even get off cyrene space station atm because there's some serious bug that's preventing me from getting in the quad-wing. Much of EU needs to be overhauled imho.

Is that a joke?
Actual game development in general requires a lot of money to be developed and since our game is real cash I expect is common sense to understand that our developers must be paid to overhaul the game as you demand therefore I believe a lot of money are required so no im not joking, you can deposit a lot if you believe in your demands and ideas otherwise I guess you should tune down your expectation to be in line with your input.

I can't even get off cyrene space station atm because there's some serious bug that's preventing me from getting in the quad-wing. Much of EU needs to be overhauled imho.

Have you considered perhaps sometimes us players need to get better at trying to understand something that we don't understand?

For some reason your post reminded me of this thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-apartment-was-stolen.97168/

A player starts a thread about how his apartment has been stolen by MA! Please do read the subsequent replies as we later find out what actually transpired :)

Sadly because thread is locked I can't quote posts from it but post #41 reads:

"
STOLEN BY MA!

those bastards

hahaha, i haven't laughed this hard in quite some time."

This thread never gets tired :)

When you fly from Cyrene to caly, server border is very near from caly, so I assume it's correct. You see these server lines if you zoom max and look very carefully, also changing screen brightness helps to see these. Or use space map on Entropiahub where server borders are shown.

Actual game development in general requires a lot of money to be developed and since our game is real cash I expect is common sense to understand that our developers must be paid to overhaul the game as you demand therefore I believe a lot of money are required so no im not joking, you can deposit a lot if you believe in your demands and ideas otherwise I guess you should tune down your expectation to be in line with your input.
I see, so I and everyone else that plays EU should deposit much more and then maybe the game will improve?? Look! How can I be near Calypso and end up at a revive on Cyrene space station? The server distribution is all wrong. Also, and this has to be said, why do we have space pirates, which caused this whole problem in the first place! Only an idiot would carry stackable items, so what's the point? He or she didn't get any loot anyway LOL. Finally, there's a serious bug where spawning air/spacecraft on space stations is concerned. All MA devs have to do is fix these bugs, so why don't they?

Have you considered perhaps sometimes us players need to get better at trying to understand something that we don't understand?

For some reason your post reminded me of this thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-apartment-was-stolen.97168/

A player starts a thread about how his apartment has been stolen by MA! Please do read the subsequent replies as we later find out what actually transpired :)

Sadly because thread is locked I can't quote posts from it but post #41 reads:

"
STOLEN BY MA!

those bastards

hahaha, i haven't laughed this hard in quite some time."

This thread never gets tired :)
What I meant was, that the spacecraft spawns ok, but when I click on it to access it/get in it, it vanishes - it's not there, but it is still in my inventory.

If you search for "entropia universe space map" in google or ddg the second or third result is a map with all the server borders perfectly visible.

From there you can easily put waypoints (and save them in a sticky note) so space turns into easy mode. My advice is to also avoid creature spawn areas, even if your travel path becomes a little bit longer.

Like others have said, due to the games trash amazing net code, your ship does a little jump/flash when you change server.

Good luck.

... how are you supposed to know if you've crossed a server line?
Some server borders are visible in the Space map when you zoom in all the way, but most indeed are not or hard to discern. There is an easy way to know though, if you know just a little bit about the game's structure which you could acquire before demanding changes. Even more so if you actually want to effect changes.

Every map in the game, whether planet, space, or instance, is divided into squares of 8192 x 8192 units. If you've ever done any computer programming, you'll easily recognize this number as a power of 2. So, to know where a border is in any direction, open the Windows calculator, take your in-game position, from that take either longitude or latitude depending on your direction, divide the number by 8192, truncate the fractional part, and multiply with 8192 again. That number is your current server border to the left or below. Add 8192 (or just add 1 before the latest multiplication) to get the border to the right or above. In space particularly, it can be helpful to create waypoints of border crossings on your travel route (you know the /wp keyboard command, I assume).

This information is community knowledge but I can see how things sometimes are hard to find due to common keywords. But a genuine hindrance is if one doesn't make it a habit to at least try, and ask for pointers if that doesn't succeed. You set yourself up for backlashes if your mind easily latches onto the idea that something must change without making sure you are fully informed first. Many of us make this mistake sometimes, but learn to grow out of it.

If you search for "entropia universe space map" in google or ddg the second or third result is a map with all the server borders perfectly visible.

From there you can easily put waypoints (and save them in a sticky note) so space turns into easy mode. My advice is to also avoid creature spawn areas, even if your travel path becomes a little bit longer.

Like others have said, due to the games trash amazing net code, your ship does a little jump/flash when you change server.

Good luck.
Thanks, a map that shows the server borders will be great help.

Some server borders are visible in the Space map when you zoom in all the way, but most indeed are not or hard to discern. There is an easy way to know though, if you know just a little bit about the game's structure which you could acquire before demanding changes. Even more so if you actually want to effect changes.

Every map in the game, whether planet, space, or instance, is divided into squares of 8192 x 8192 units. If you've ever done any computer programming, you'll easily recognize this number as a power of 2. So, to know where a border is in any direction, open the Windows calculator, take your in-game position, from that take either longitude or latitude depending on your direction, divide the number by 8192, truncate the fractional part, and multiply with 8192 again. That number is your current server border to the left or below. Add 8192 (or just add 1 before the latest multiplication) to get the border to the right or above. In space particularly, it can be helpful to create waypoints of border crossings on your travel route (you know the /wp keyboard command, I assume).

This information is community knowledge but I can see how things sometimes are hard to find due to common keywords. But a genuine hindrance is if one doesn't make it a habit to at least try, and ask for pointers if that doesn't succeed. You set yourself up for backlashes if your mind easily latches onto the idea that something must change without making sure you are fully informed first. Many of us make this mistake sometimes, but learn to grow out of it.
Thanks for saying how maps are divided up and how to know where borders are, had no idea about that.

If you are still stuck on the SS due to the quad problem, there is a space rescue channel I think, but I dunno the exact name.
Maybe live support can also transfer people to at least the planet where your quad hopefully stays spawned for you to start again...

So I got zapped flying from Cyrene to Calypso, yet I was revived on Cyrene Space Station even though I was much closer to Calypso, so how did that happen? Allied to this, is that wherever I spawn my quad-wing in the space station, it vanishes whenever I attempt to get into it.
Its possible that the Caly SS server was offline at the time in which case you'd have been revived at the nearest available place.

"Since 1999 MindArk has invested over 120 million USD to develop Entropia Universe and the Entropia Platform."

Solid investment advise @messi91 -- put money into a company that has themselves invested over $120 Million in 25 years to produce the broken down system you're agreeing that needs fixing.

For that kind of investment (it's actually more now) they should have a game in line with most other AAA titles whereas there's maybe 5000 active players here and nearly every in game system has bugs.

Incompetent, corrupt and complacent.

Withdraw > Deposit.

Solid investment advise @messi91 -- put money into a company that has themselves invested over $120 Million in 25 years to produce the broken down system you're agreeing that needs fixing.
only if you have expectation that your game must be changed, no one is asking you to deposit if you don't demand stuff.You can sweat all you want for free, just be quiet about it and keep going.

PM me in game if u still need help getting back to Caly

If you are still stuck on the SS due to the quad problem, there is a space rescue channel I think, but I dunno the exact name.
Maybe live support can also transfer people to at least the planet where your quad hopefully stays spawned for you to start again...
Thankyou, luckily however this bug or whatever it was cleared itself up, so I was able to get back to caly this time as I didn't get bounced again.

Its possible that the Caly SS server was offline at the time in which case you'd have been revived at the nearest available place.
Yes it could be that, wasn't there some news a few days ago about MA server issues or something?

Back