Rig Bug

Mike Masters

Alpha
Society
Guess Who
Michael Mike Masters
I logged in a bit ago near rig and found out from a number of people that sorg is using a ctd bug to close the rig and anyone who comes will ctd, i went there and got ctd withtin 5 seconds.:mad:

I logged in a bit ago near rig and found out from a number of people that sorg is using a ctd bug to close the rig and anyone who comes will ctd, i went there and got ctd withtin 5 seconds.:mad:

Not only you, I keep crashing everytime I get Sorg on my screen. He just happened to crash himself it seems, because I was able to get in and kill them once, but as soon as he came back I crashed again. His socmates do not crash, but EVERYONE else does.

Very strange :eek: I think you should notify support immediately.

If this is the case, why not send a support ticket to MA??

I'm not that harsh, I understand they probably want to have some fun and dont realise how its harming others. I just warned them and they arent coming back for a while, so I guess I wont need to support a ticket.

sorg has already sent a support case telling MA of the problem :)

That could be a very punishable offense if he keeps using it as he is probably profiting by using it (i.e. picking up oil while no one else can.). But oh well, not my problem, i don't go to the rig anymore :).

Sounds like fun though. Do that in PVP4 and loot everybody :).

Hey!

Sorry for all the ppl who were at rig.

Found out that bug yesterday, and immediately sent a support about it to MA (with what makes it and how).
I wanted to try it at rig (30mins) so MA know something is really happening.
I encourage you sending support to let MA knows about that bug.

Sorg

If I crash, you're not going to give me a makeover will you? eeek! ;)

Hey!

Sorry for all the ppl who were at rig.

Found out that bug yesterday, and immediately sent a support about it to MA (with what makes it and how).
I wanted to try it at rig (30mins) so MA know something is really happening.
I encourage you sending support to let MA knows about that bug?

Sorg

This is pretty damn sad that you have to cause an uproar for MA to fix a damn bug. I understand why you did it, but aren't you risking having your account locked.

This is pretty damn sad that you have to cause an uproar for MA to fix a damn bug. I understand why you did it, but aren't you risking having your account locked.

Nothing wrong with extra testing. Never know if you can pinpoint the exact causes of the problems and help MA out some more.

I assume it's a new feature by MA :wise:.

Nothing wrong with extra testing. Never know if you can pinpoint the exact causes of the problems and help MA out some more.

except that this extra testing was costing me 400 ME TPing back to the rig all the time, sitting there going like "wtf is that" and getting more and more mad as time went by.

I fully understand what you are getting at, and I am not trying to get Sorg into any trouble. Think about the 101 auction scam, the folks that used that scam could have just said "we are trying to pinpoint the exact cause of the problem, and help MA out" If they had said this, then this would have been okay?

As I said, I think it is BS that "we" have to cause an uproar to get MA to fix some program flaws.

except that this extra testing was costing me 400 ME TPing back to the rig all the time, sitting there going like "wtf is that" and getting more and more mad as time went by.

Will give you 400ME next time i meet you. If i really would have used that as an exploit, i wouldn't bother going to rig for 10ped of oil, and close it so everybody knows and talk about it, but more likely in PVP3 or PVP4....
It shows that it can be effectively used as an exploit...

About being banned, i still see a guy ranked #2 in hunting ath trading some items in auction...

Old bug new again?

I remember when some people could crash entire cities.

down with them thoses noobs we can take them i think lol not i will die lol

ROFL Sorg used one? Get with it... I can point you in directions that would turn your stomach! exploits are ok I promise... well if you got the cash!

*sigh* Crone wishes he only knew how these things work... Yesterday he saw some guy running around in a gem bustier. If that was only possible with armor.

Lol tell me about the bug people how and what should i do i want some oil! :D

it is. zammy saw a picture on EF of a guy wearing female settler.

here : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78407

man yet another exploit , seems there's alot of it going about.

also find it's funny how (not in this case i guess ) it's well known players that are caught using them ( with lots of ped in their accounts )if it was me i'd be too scared to get banned with that sort of money, but that's just me i guess ( i wont even use a autoclicker):eek:

if this explot gets shared it will be fixed damm fast!

funny how some exploits are seen as "cheating" and result in perma bans, and other exploits are "oh just testing"

did the person profit from the exploit? did the person disrupt other ppls gameplay? could this "test have been carried out elsewhere?

cut n dry imo

I know Sorg pretty well, and will vouch for the fact he would never have done this with the intention of stealing oil, pissing people off or anything else.

He is one of the good guys (as can be seen by the offer to replace the ME and the fact he reported the bug himself). I think the thread title is a little detrimental to his character especially as his motives were unclear when the thread started. We are not allowed to name scammers, but naming someone when accusing them of an exploit is acceptable?

Why is it that a thread targeting Sorg and accusing him of being an exploiter is allowed to stay when yesterday a similar discussion about a player possibly having multiple avatars saw many posts deleted and at least three people banned?

Why is it that a thread targeting Sorg and accusing him of being an exploiter is allowed to stay when yesterday a similar discussion about a player possibly having multiple avatars saw many posts deleted and at least three people banned?

Perhaps because nobody reported the thread to the moderators or admins.

We are not superhuman and cannot read each and every new thread on the forum in real time. Members reporting threads helps the moderators a great deal in dealing with any threads that violate the forum rules.

In the future, please use th 'Report Bad Post' tool (the red triangle icon at the bottom left corner of every post) to report a thread or post to the moderators.

I will now clean up this thread.

Think of it as assisting in a scientific experiment. You helped confirm the existence of this bug! :yay: :laugh:

Not really. Just report whatever you're doing and they will not give you any trouble.

I fully understand what you are getting at, and I am not trying to get Sorg into any trouble. Think about the 101 auction scam, the folks that used that scam could have just said "we are trying to pinpoint the exact cause of the problem, and help MA out" If they had said this, then this would have been okay?

As I said, I think it is BS that "we" have to cause an uproar to get MA to fix some program flaws.

Probably, yes. But it's also a question if they were using it systematically or not. It sounds like this was very limited (30-40 minutes or so) and no big area of effect (the auction is global, the rig is very small in comparison).

Yes well that's how it works in practise. Entropia is constantly in beta testing, because it's being updated constantly without proper full-scale tests.

Have anyone seen Sorg online today?
The day after he desided to take powers into his own hands..

Some asshat is there crashing it at the moment. I will take screenie next time i get close.

Back