RL trade between entropians?

Society
Tusalusa Stalkers
Leonardo Naifas Anaconda
In the last couple of years of travelling inside the EU, and although belonging to a common, borderless and customs-free zone, i have noticed a severe lack of choices and representativeness of products in the supermarkets of the continent. And don't speak about supply and demand. Or marketing. I have witnessed very bad marketing by some brands. And imported goods rarely obey consumers demand, sometimes it's more like some brands are imposed on consumers as the scarce alternative to regional products (if there are equivalents).
Examples. I never worked with sales of any sort. I'm more of the buying sort, although some in my family were wine producers a few years ago. Wine was a product i saw severly badly represented, especially wine from my country, with a maximum of two mediocre brands per supermarket that made me fround :eek: , in the Spanish wine section :scratch2:. The first thing i thought, to be honest was, wow, we only export crap and we keep all the good stuff for our own drinking. :laugh: (to be clear: i was in Germany by that time, and i was actually looking for beer, but was curious about the wine brands, as i saw for the first time German wine that i had to taste out of curiousity).
I'm sure this happens with a lot of other stuff from all over the world. Now wouldn't it be nice if we could work out a way around this and be able to make available non-perishable products in demand by other entropians, directly from the sources and with personal experience of the person sending you the product?

I'm sure there's something produced in your region that is unknown to the masses. Wouldn't it be cool to let it be known and make it available for purchase through your person?

Person A asks for item X (a cheese for example). Person B buys it in the local supermarket and mails it to A. Person A pays B for all the expenses associated to it.

Now, how to make it work?

I'm not exactly sure what your asking but isnt't that why we have ebay. and internet websites. (shipping plus custom duty import fees would prob kill it)

I'm not exactly sure what your asking but isnt't that why we have ebay. and internet websites. (shipping plus custom duty import fees would prob kill it)

There's no custom duty import fee inside the eurozone, and most supermarket websites do not ship abroad. And you can't find everything in ebay, can you? Other ideas: i have goldsmith friends and neighbours that will make jewelry stuff by command.. personalised stuff

But i realise that Entropia is a very small market and not enough demand for good wines such as these :). Or other things.

http://www.clubedevinhos.continente.pt/winelist.aspx

I heard this idea comming first out of Sodiak's mouth, during an EU meeting, RL trade with payment in PEDs, but i see now it doesn't really grab the attentions of the EU community.

hmmm...

Isn't this exactly what 711 does with EFD and ME already?!?... even if it's an eula grey area.

Back