Old Alpha
Society
Nomads of the Apocalypse
Demitri Dem Costas
EU Support Case said:
Case 94927 History
08 Nov 2006 [name removed]:

Dear Support,

I am current at Club NeverDie, mining in Dome 6.
My 212 OreFinder located a XV Ganganite and I moved to claim it.

When I got within 2 meters of the claim site, nothing happened, it just kept beeping (screenshot 1).
I mved closer, and when within 1 meter, a message appeared in All Chat (screenshot 2).

I don't understand this. Can you please explain it to me. It was only 421 meters deep!
I tried re-bombing but my finder didn't detect the claim again.

http://www.demondim.com/pics/shot 1.jpg
http://www.demondim.com/pics/shot 2.jpg
http://www.demondim.com/pics/shot 3.jpg

Best Regards,

[name removed].

08 Nov 2006 MindArk Support:
Hi,
Sometimes resources are inaccessible and cannot be excavated. They might be stuck under ground, under trees, in stones, under turrets or in buildings. This is all part of the virtual universe experience. Therefore there cannot be any compensation for an inaccessible resource.

Regards,
Entropia Support

EU Support Case #2 said:
Case 94933 History
Reference Case 94927

Surely you are joking?
I was in the middle of Dome 6 !!
No trees, stones, turrets, buildings or anything.
I have supplied all screenshots proving my claim.

So you are telling me that you have just robbed me of an XV claim?
Please say it isn't so, your reply will 100% affect my enjoyment and future participation within EU.

[name removed].

08 Nov 2006 MindArk Support:
Hi,
We understand that this must be most frustrating for you, but unfortunately we cannot do much to help you further. We do believe your word, but the log files show of no irregularities.

We are constantly working on keeping the system stable. On rare occasions, however, issues that affect the performance of the system occur. This is due to technical issues, which are unforeseeable and therefore hardly avoidable.

We have forwarded the issue to the design team and any irregularities found will be fixed as soon as possible. This will not help much in your specific case, but it will hopefully prevent similar issues from happening again.

Regards,
Entropia Support

Thank you for your reply.

[name removed]

I think that about says it all.
Expect a few sales threads to appear on a forum near you very soon. :(

Happens all too often.

If you had gained 20 XV in a row however you can bet they would have done something about it.

More disalusioned by the day.

i dont think they ever helped anyone that had a case like that =(

That is really sad... actually seems that MA doesnt want to help on these kind of occasions... cause in the worst cae they could gave given atleast a part of the find... atleast 50% would be better than nothing at all..

Beside the 20-50% return in one minning session now we have to pass "stucked" resurces and leave them behind without any compensation ?! i think every day i spend playing this... "thing" makes me hate them more and more. All i can say in this case is that it happend to me, much smaller deposits (verry poor, poor or small ones), few times, but i'm so sorry now that i didn't take any pics back then. I have to do it next time and i hope you ppl, all of you, do the same in this case and let's post them somewhere.

Really sorry to hear that happened to you.

The other day I dropped a probe and the finder screen never came up at all. I thought maybe I wasn't paying attention and dropped a bomb and again no finder screen. I tried to TP elsewhere but got the messages server busy. Next thing I knew I had crashed out and resurfaced back to where I was 2 Teleports previously! And no refund of the bomb or probe :(

I hope they do sort the stability out so things like this in the future don't keep happening. It only serves to frustrate as it is linked to real money.

That blows. Wierd that someone else got a similar claim at the same time.

The support case was fairly crap, standard answer for a non standard support case.

I can understandthe rock, stone, wall, house, tree thing, but not this!

An example that EU is not prefect, and not everything goes as expected. This is not realy being robbed, as you didnt dug up the materials yet. But it sucks when you find somthing and you cannot access it for reasons beyond your controll.

Worse have happend for me. I had an appartement filled with stuffs(a tt value of 322). When i was about to sell the appartement i took out all things. and traded a soc friend to check what the tt was. I pressed cancel and logged out some minutes later.
The next day when i logg in was ALL the stuffs gone(the market value was around 1000ped). And what does MA says?, they blame it on me.....

The problem i see with this is that we are basically paying REAL money for these bombs and probes.

If we find something we should get it.

MA's attitude on this sux big time.

Hello,

The first response you got was, as you probably already know, a cut-n-paste answer. I got the exact same message when I reported a loss just NW of PA.

I can understand MA protecting it's product for the sake of profitability but you would think they would understand that the customer is the source of all profit and try to keep them happy.

Seems they are counting on the adictive nature of the game.

Grounder

Grounder said:
Seems they are counting on the adictive nature of the game.

Which has its limits.

When i quit I will be pulling out more cash than I put in. If too many others do the same they will have big problems. MA only think of today and not tomorrow when it comes to customer service.

Wtf is that ? It's like .. u had the screenshot with the f***in global message ! That's outrageous ! Ppl that don't do anything about this should be locked in a mental institute! Think of it this way..what about Dub getting his rich ruga and not being able to claim it ! What if the bug happened to him ? The value of the claim doesn't count, it's the principle of the thing you're dealing with. It must be hard for you Dem ... sry.

Radio said:
That blows. Wierd that someone else got a similar claim at the same time.

Very sorry for you mate. As above it looks like far too much a coincidence to me to get the same size claim on something like ganganite at the exactly the same time, so I would guess that the same claim got issued to 2 avatars at the same time by mistake - "DavusKz" got to his before you so yours became inaccessible.

Not that it makes it right of course - there is nothing there that would prevent you claiming it (trees, boulders, houses etc.) so you should have been able to claim it.

I' m sry to hear of your misfortune, I had a similar global recently to, only my second mining global. Filed a support case and same response:
06 Nov 2006 MindArk Support:
Hi,

Sometimes resources will be found in inaccessible areas where you cannot reach them. This is all part of the virtual universe experience and there cannot be any compensation for an inaccessible resource.

Regards,

I am also not impressed with the response, is it a generic one?

This is typical of growing companies trying to fill many positions with new people. Someone high on the mountaintop has set a Policy, and that Policy overrules all logic and common sense. These guys down in the bowels of Mindark's support staff aren't going to get recognized or promoted for helping a customer, so why bother? If anything they'll get in trouble for doing what's right.

Instead of empowering their support staff, Mindark's edict to them has been "please check your brain at the door."

Items disappearing must be getting more common. My soc mate just bought an apartment. She was mining enmatters and dropped some in the apartment some in her storage. The next day she went to retrieve them and the enmatters were gone from her inventory, so she went to her apartment and everything in her apartment is missing furniture looted skulls, the enmatter... I really don't think your find was inaccessible I think it disappeared… I also don’t doubt they would screw you out of your find one bit. That means more cash for them… goes back to, if the bug puts them at a disadvantage you are exploiting them and get kicked… if the bug is exploiting you oh freakin well… that is just like the real world so deal with it… Agreed Sonya more and more disillusioning by the day…

then tell me dub, what would you have done if the rich ruga wouldn't have been claimable ? :) just out of curiousity

But on the bright side...

They gave us a windowed mode... :rolleyes:

Just shows where MA's priorities lie. Expand the universe, increase the bugs - sod the customers :(

frisca2004 said:
then tell me dub, what would you have done if the rich ruga wouldn't have been claimable ? :) just out of curiousity

This is a public forum, That sort of outbust wouldnt have a place here :D

If you want to know look up all the swear words in the dictonary and string them together several times.

I'm not busting anyone but ... put yourself into Dem's place...wouldn't you feel enraged ? Now put yourself in Dub's situation .. player for long time, ubah and all that jack, and u hit a claim of 50k$ ... now if you couldn't claim it ... what would you do ? :) lol this is an interesting topic ... som1 start a thread :)

The big issue i think here is that mindark could easily be scammed by the recent good artist of photoshop, that could alter any screenshot and make it look like they got the big win.

But if mindark really had a good and administrated system they would be able to see that you were correct, that actually were on the spot where that orefind was.
This just adds to the recent building of proof findings that the orefinds are not depending on so much where you mine then it is about in what area you are mining and your current luck rating with the system.
And theese factors cannot be monitored by mindark because they are all to fluctuating at the current waves of economical in and out of peds.
(Would be to much data, and cause lag)

But truly sorry hear about this, and what if it were a rich deposit :O
good luck mate
/Chronos

Thats really disgusting of MA to do that-They recompensate things like beacon runs (which I know are expensive, running into the hundreds of peds) but a find which you cant excavate in open ground? Thats just poor-Sorry to hear about that
Andy

There are several ways this could go.

1. MA either thinks you are just sending them Photo Shopped pictures, to make out you had what you are saying, and because they don't have anything on there logs, they won't give you any compensation for this reason.

2. MA have seen something on there logs, but for whatever reason, won't give anything. The only challenge with this scenario, we have no logs created on our PC's or any access to any type of log at all, where we can prove otherwise.

3. You really did have something and MA's systems are just too slow or have serious database problems to keep tabs on this kind of error.

I myself have had this happen to me on a few occasions, but just have to keep on playing and see what the support case returns.
If everyone did the same thing when they got one of these, and everytime MA reported there was nothing on there logs, then either they aren't paying up, or they really do have major issues with there database.

[Deleted]

Do you seriously think this wasnt in thier logs :) Do you seriously think they even bothered to look :D

Ive said it before allow me to say it again. If it costs them they will jump if not they do not care at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
but the log files show of no irregularities

well now, the logs should show some irregularity. the claim was generated yet was not pulled so a stack of ganganite is missing from the system. so the fact no irregularity is in the logs is itself very odd and irregular. makes you wonder what the logs contain, or how well they are examined.

Sitting in a room with MA support all supporting bruises - Priceless.

See that's just it. You missed my point. It's not supports fault. They're simply afraid to use common sense, as they've been ordered to "adhere to the policy regardless the evidence."

When something like this happens it has to go above support's head, to someone with the capacity to make decisions. That's the sad reality. Once that happens, then shit gets done. Remember Noggin getting banned? Support was going to sit on their hands until Marco acted.

What would happen if I was denied a Rich claim? Who knows - we are all pioneering uncharted waters. I only know that for me, an hourly employee hitting CTRL-P wouldn't be the end of the discussion.

dub said:
See that's just it. You missed my point. It's not supports fault. They're simply afraid to use common sense, as they've been ordered to "adhere to the policy regardless the evidence."

I hate to see this happen to Dem but I agree with Dub its not Supports fault, I'm sure some of them dont agree with some of the policies and procedures they must work to (must like all anyone who has todo the same IRL)

It was a joke or at least it was meant to be.

Support may only be following orders but at the end of the day we have no contact with anyone else as there are no avenues open. We are not allowed to address Ma here and anything MA should answer (read marco) they dont.

Its a case of support being the face of MA who else are we to blame?

Back