RockTropia?

What would make you more likely to go to RockTropia?

• Total voters
Lower travel fee that's the key imho, I never bothered myself for auction fee or local storage... everyone can think twice before go on anither planet with its problematics, I bought a apartment on CND (useless actually) and I went there many times in these years, like I went to CP.

40ped of TP fee are a bit too high, a two ways trip cut 8% of my usual montly deposits and this stop me to go frequently on Rocktropia that I find anyway a very interesting place to visit and play

I voted other. I'm happy with the way it is. Happy meaning I accept the costs and plan my trips accordingly. I like the music up on Rocktropia. Yes I have problems with picking the right mob to hunt as I'm kinda in the middle ranks of a hunter so get toasted easily by some and the rest are just too easy for me.

I'm still looking round and finding some great things. Love the race tracks. Love driving around finding loads of fruit, stone etc. Can't wait for BPs to drop so I can start making all the new stuff, but bit of a catch 22 there, need people to have looted enough of it in the first place! But I'm waiting patiently, hoping that the designs reflect the planet and we have some funky new clothes and funky new armours :D

Its a planet under construction and would have a hard time competing against Calypso at the moment with all the mission chains going.

The frustrating thing I find is the shared auction. I would actually like to see a seperate tab in the future for just Rocktropia auction items.

Its one of the few places where I seem to break even - if not profit on the odd occasstion - so something is going right for me up there :)

Even though I voted "Lower travel fee" because it would make me indeed visit it in a more relaxed way, I also understand that the fees are a "necessary evil". Planet partners are competitors, and changing location (chaging where you are putting your money into) must come with a cost, just as much as it will cost you to fly out and go work outside of your country or something.

Of course each planet partner should have some kind of control, while creating agressive promotions to bring people in (if some company wants your investment badly, they may just pay your trip to take you there), but I believe it was agreed in the first place that the main target population of planet partners are new players and not current ones...

So there are only 2 ways a planet partner will ever see me:

- Lower travel fees - but it doesnt seem a realistic option to me.
- Offer a REALLY attractive service, one that I really want to try out for some time.

This TP has a fee payable to ROCK STARS

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

For ROCK STARS only-VampireFreaks Cathedral Back Garden - is OFF LIMITS.
Soon - So will "Lemmys Beer Gardens!".

PROUD MEMBER ROCK STARS
Force Majeure

That's strange.. i'm always there and the only "rockstar" i seen there is daisy.. and she totatly acted like a twat.

Damn. now i'm off topic..sorry OP.

Be warned i have "jesse james" gun..

Stay on topic noob with gun.

If its "PVP" area you better be rdy to fight on ROCKTROPIA-no "hug a tree's" allowed-And when "Lemmys beer Gardens" re-opens-dont think for a second you just walk in a grab "can's" with out a fight!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br] you want to kiss you gf here - cost 2ped

[br]Click to enlarge[/br] dead body "perc"

[br]Click to enlarge[/br] t.p. run 1 ped per t.p.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br] get a gun team guy

[br]Click to enlarge[/br] use crafting machine 2ped

PROUD MEMBER ROCK STARS
Force Majeure

If its "PVP" area you better be rdy to fight on ROCKTROPIA-no "hug a tree's" allowed-And when "Lemmys beer Gardens" re-opens-dont think for a second you just walk in a grab "can's" with out a fight!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br] you want to kiss you gf here - cost 2ped

[br]Click to enlarge[/br] dead body "perc"

[br]Click to enlarge[/br] t.p. run 1 ped per t.p.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br] get a gun team guy

[br]Click to enlarge[/br] use crafting machine 2ped

PROUD MEMBER ROCK STARS
Force Majeure

Cool...are we (Calypso) at war with Rocktropia? :dunno:

Mobs that loot decent markup items would get me travelling. Or some missions with attribute gains. :)

the travel fee should be removed as they said in several press releases it would be free to choose which planet to login (every time you login)

Can you really find and post a SINGLE place they have said that you can choose where to log in? :scratch2:

Marco and others from MA/FPC said several times before RockTropia was implemented that you always will start where ya last logged off... I have never ever seen them say you would be able to choose on login though.

when i make a fresh ava i cant even go and start on RT

a whole bunch of newbies HAS started on RT though?

And PLEASE stop posting off topic pictures!

None of your poll options would inspire me to go there. Only thing that would, would be music artists, concerts, pretty much what rocktropia was designed to be and has not had implemented yet.:rolleyes:

None of your poll options would inspire me to go there. Only thing that would, would be music artists, concerts, pretty much what rocktropia was designed to be and has not had implemented yet.:rolleyes:

Then you vote "other"? :D

well it would be necessary to add UL items and (l) items with good stats and thus MU to the loot table to get me there.

I did vote other lol. Was explaining why, guess I don't count other as a choice when someone puts up a poll. To me it is just an out when I don't like the options presented. ;)

I voted "other"

And PLEASE stop posting off topic pictures!

I on ROCKTROPIA for the awesome "pking areas!"-(VampireFreaks Cathedral)-is like the wild west!-its what i wished twin peaks had "pvp enabled" the avatars i would pk :p - And the soon pkers "attraction" - "Lemmy's Beer Gardens!" so be warned- its not for the faint of hart in some areas - the above comment is so typical "rule crap"..this "pking falls under "other".

PROUD MEMMBER ROCK STARS
Force Majeure

Last edited:
Mobs that loot decent markup items would get me travelling. Or some missions with attribute gains. :)

Ive known a couple of new players who got ESI's on the Rock, just got one yesterday from a guy who got it in his very first global. I think the ESI droprate is higher for the mob difficulty than on calypso. Also shoguns have decent mu and drop pretty frequently. The new ores/enmatters will have good markup for the first week or two after bps start dropping.

That covers your first point. Yep I would like to see missions on the Rock as well.

narfi

well it would be necessary to add UL items and (l) items with good stats and thus MU to the loot table to get me there.

Ive known a couple of new players who got ESI's on the Rock, just got one yesterday from a guy who got it in his very first global. I think the ESI droprate is higher for the mob difficulty than on calypso. Also shoguns have decent mu and drop pretty frequently. The new ores/enmatters will have good markup for the first week or two after bps start dropping.

That covers your first point. Yep I would like to see missions on the Rock as well.

narfi

The new S.G Takeover MK1 rifle is also looted on Rocktropia.

And who knows what will be crafted with all the mob parts and new underground resources, maybe some cool clothes, armor, or a motorcycle :yay:.

I voted other. I'm happy with the way it is. Happy meaning I accept the costs and plan my trips accordingly. I like the music up on Rocktropia. Yes I have problems with picking the right mob to hunt as I'm kinda in the middle ranks of a hunter so get toasted easily by some and the rest are just too easy for me.

I'm still looking round and finding some great things. Love the race tracks. Love driving around finding loads of fruit, stone etc. Can't wait for BPs to drop so I can start making all the new stuff, but bit of a catch 22 there, need people to have looted enough of it in the first place! But I'm waiting patiently, hoping that the designs reflect the planet and we have some funky new clothes and funky new armours :D

Its a planet under construction and would have a hard time competing against Calypso at the moment with all the mission chains going.

The frustrating thing I find is the shared auction. I would actually like to see a seperate tab in the future for just Rocktropia auction items.

Its one of the few places where I seem to break even - if not profit on the odd occasstion - so something is going right for me up there :)

I agree. I'm at Rocktropia at the moment...I think it looks great! I think the mining is OK...and XxSquallxX 's ATH gives me hope . :)

PROUD MEMMBER ROCK STARS
Force Majeure

You forgot to post the 6 times I killed you, and when you and Daisy then tp'ed out in retreat :D

Sadly I'm not one to take screenies every time I kill someone :lolup:

I think Cobra took screenies though, and a video.

this "pking falls under "other".

PK'ing is one of my main reasons for coming up, I love owning you and Daisy ^^

Last edited:
You forgot to post the 6 times I killed you, and when you and Daisy then tp'ed out in retreat :D

Sadly I'm not one to take screenies every time I kill someone :lolup:

I think Cobra took screenies though, and a video.

PK'ing is one of my main reasons for coming up, I love owning you and Daisy ^^

Yea, I took screens, ill post when I get to my computer. I love how I took out daisy, and you smashed force. think there's another thread... but ms daisy seems to ignore me now... can't handle your own medicine guys? Shit I was in gremlin armor LMAO dilly actually was in pvp gear.

rockstars fail, I'm sorry. I'd hardly call abusing the TP as pking, especially when your just bullying noob and telling them to pay to escape. wow.

Yea, I took screens, ill post when I get to my computer. I love how I took out daisy, and you smashed force. think there's another thread... but ms daisy seems to ignore me now... can't handle your own medicine guys? Shit I was in gremlin armor LMAO dilly actually was in pvp gear.

rockstars fail, I'm sorry. I'd hardly call abusing the TP as pking, especially when your just bullying noob and telling them to pay to escape. wow.

any ON topic posts coming? :rolleyes:

get yer own thread for PK pics, please...

Wait till actually go there for the 40 ped fee then buy materials there and you'll change your tune from tp fee to "wtf is up with auction transport fees??"

Newbie opinion ^^'

Hi all,

Here is the opinion of a newbie :

To me Rocktropia is a place for high level player , the cost of travel and auction were definitly made to select only richer and über players .

So if i still play this game in 2 or 3 years ( and of course if i get hof), may be i'll move to Rocktropia , but for now i won't. :girl:

If your a "rl" hottie" visit...

Hi all,

Here is the opinion of a newbie :

To me Rocktropia is a place for high level player , the cost of travel and auction were definitly made to select only richer and über players .

So if i still play this game in 2 or 3 years ( and of course if i get hof), may be i'll move to Rocktropia , but for now i won't. :girl:

If "not" - stay where your at.

Jedi
Force Majeure

If "not" - stay where your at.

Jedi
Force Majeure

Indeed , with 40 peds i could hunt 200 merps with opalo/CB5 or drop 80 probes/40 bombs (with my low level skills ^^')

I can understand that 40 peds is nothing for you , but 40 peds are from 40 to 200 chances of global/hof and lots of skills for a newbie like me :tongue3:

Without any hesitation at all - Lower travel fee.

Neverdie has to Lower travel fees , it's just to expencive to got here :eek:

Travel fees are set by MIndark...
We will have to wait for spaceships to be reintroduced so the pilots can undercut the TP fee..

Back