"Rubberband" flex lagg

sacklitch

Old Alpha
Litano Sacklitch Makero
I bought a new computer for a couple of days ago, and got new internet connection, and now hell is braking loose.
The computer specs:

Amd xp 6000+.
4gb (800mhz ram).
Geforce 9600 GT.

All other games i tryed(cod 4, hellgate london etc) have been no lagg at all on the highest settings.

But!, when i logg in too pe it start to "rubberband flex lagg", kinda looks like you would use speed hack ut with a bad computer so the screen is not following.

I tried everything including formatting the harddrive, updating drivers, change settings on the drivers. Direct internet without router and with router too.
The speed on my broadband is 24Mbits so thats not the problem.

If any got ANY solution, i greatly appriciate it.

I have...

AMD Dual Core 6400+ Black edition processor
Asus Crosshair Mobo
4 gig PC800 DDR2 ram
8800 GT Ultra 768Mb graphics
10Mb internet connection

I still rubberband like a bitch on occasion. Also other 'lag' related bugs (item equiping, fap lag etc)

Great suggestion.
I guess you dont rubberband so badly that yout cant even hit a moob, cause every meeter you go you fly 5 meeters forward, and then 5 meeters back. And this repeats untill you quit the game.

Try changing the bandwidth selection under opptions - other threads have suggested as low as 256Mb. (i.e play with the bandwidth settings)

I had awful lag once then i turned off AA and it fixed :scratch2:

It is difficult to determine whether the lag is clientside or serverside, or due to bandwidth issues.

We both seem to have pretty powerful PC's and yet we both seem to suffer the same problems with rubberbanding / lag etc. This would suggest to me it is bandwidth / malformed packets being re-requested or that MA are buggering about with their servers.

If you are using wireless, one suggestion that I occasionally use is to pull out the reciever (or whatever the proper name is). You'll have about 20 seconds of being able to move around (but not do anything else) before you get disconnected. If you still rubber-band without it, then it's client-side.

Also a bit offtopic, I was considering buying a PC with a 9600GT, but I noticed that it costs about 150$ less than a 8600GTS - is the 9600 particularly worse than it, and does it play good?

Back