#Rule 15

Status

Spikey1989

Guardian
Society
Dark Knights - Squires
Wishmaster Spikey Spikey
Rule # 15
Discussion of computer games or MMORPGs other than EntropiaUniverse is NOT allowed. Any and all such threads or posts will be deleted. Naming, making reference to, or linking to games or game websites other than EntropiaUniverse is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. All references and links of this kind will be removed, including those that appear in avatar pictures, member profiles or member signatures.

I just wanted to ask if its fobidden to namne crytek's own game: cry***

I read in some thread that its forbidden, just can't get it clear cause many uses that name many times. A nother reason is because our favorite game Entropia will get the same engine soon and to get an feeling how it looks ppl talk about cry*** and that they should try it.

/Spikey

P.S. i hope i didn't break the rules my self now =/

Ask 711 or mindbuster.

Personally I think this rule is being upheld far too strict, but I guess some of you may have noticed that already.
I think cryengine should be allowed since it's no game. cry*** however is, but it's about the only benchmark we have to compare crytopia to.

I think generally the rule is talking about games that directly run in competition with Entropia - for example, I cant see MindBuster or 711 banning me because I mention Tetris (I hope not now anyway! :D)

However, I see more and more common sense being applied to this rule, and Mods and Admins seem to be leaving alone if the subject is covered in a mature and non inflamatory way.

For example, recently statements like "I dont think 2nd *** is comparable with Entropia as it doesnt have any game play" have been getting through the ban, whereas statements like "Entropia is shit I have loads more fun in 2nd ***" has not been getting through.

I dont think the rule itself has changed, but I very much like this new slight relaxation of it. If we behave and speak sensibly about other games without trying to flame or upset the comunity I see no reason why it needs to be enforced any more strictly.

Anyone notice I still didnt mention the games even though I said it seems to be ok these days?... While I still think rule 15 is being handled a lot better these days, I still dont plan to break the rules myself ;) (I am such a suck up! :D)

Plus - a lot of the X-fire signatures break rule 15 and these havent been enforced either ;)

The future of Entropia Universe®

Cutting Edge CryENGINE 2(R) to Bring Real-Life Look to World's Safest Virtual Universe. Read more here....blah blah

Thats from entropia universe official website.
I doubt that it does applies for such a case only because engine is named after game it come from. It would be quite absurd.

Pinky wrote:

I think generally the rule is talking about games that directly run in competition with Entropia - for example, I cant see MindBuster or 711 banning me because I mention Tetris (I hope not now anyway! )

13 days ago i wrote this thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...re-any-planetarion-planetia-players-here.html

Which was closed because of the rule. The games I mention there are not in competition with Entropia... they don't even have graphics, as they are textbased webgames. One of them doesn't even exist anymore.
So it's really strict...

Uhm, that quote says Pinky made the thread about those two textbased games... lol...

Well, a Forum is not a Democracy... ;)
I still wished we could discuss this pointless Rule with the Big Boss of the Forum.
Talking about other Games makes sense, like this :
"I wished we had an Inventory like in 2nd L... (you know what)"

I have never had another forum tell me I could not talk about other games.

I can understand the reasoning for the rule, but I think it's a little too proactive.

Entropia is a MMORPG. It's one of many, many games that we've played over the past 2 decades, some of us even longer. The older players could probably sit the younger players down, and chronicle the evolution of the video game.

There are aspects to other games that may be good ideas, that Entropia hasn't implemented. Making comparisons to other games isn't always a negative thing, and in many cases, can improve the content of a discussion.

Everyone hit the home tab and read the google ads on the front page !

Our own EF forums advertise sale of WoW Gold, WoW avatars and other top RPG games and websites.

I asked about this to 711 in a pm and got no reply.

Maybe the admin should get a 30day ban for his actions ! Breaking his own rules. :D

Brett

:rolleyes: sits back and waits for the banned message to arrive. :rolleyes:

Let me explain why the rule was made, it has been explained before but let's have it again.

When MindArk had their own forums there was alot of whining going on, EU (PE back then) was still young and way more buggy, people badmouthing PE and MA, telling other players to go play something else, this and that game being much better etc. etc.

Although MindArk's official excuse for closing the forums was that they rather spend the ressources on the game itself it was clearly because they HAD to close them, they ruined the game more than it helped.

So when I launched EF I put those two rules in place, as the very first, no mentioning of other games and keeping the whinning low, to have a place where EU'ers could discuss the game without listening to whining or being told to go play something else.

EF was made for EU, not for other games.

So when I launched EF I put those two rules in place, as the very first, no mentioning of other games and keeping the whinning low, to have a place where EU'ers could discuss the game without listening to whining or being told to go play something else.

EF was made for EU, not for other games.

I understand what you mean, however... im still unsure...
Does mentioning that Cryengine is named after Crysis game violating forum rules as well ? It's not game promotion, attempt to drive ppl from EU or so. Just full and logical context of post instead of four " ****** " in such a posts, or comments like Cryengine is from "thus name shall not be spoken here" ... seems to be bit ...erm...akward or i dunno, perhaps unproductive ?:scratch2:. I'm asking if rule applies on any naming games or on context the name of game is used in ?:scratch2:

Last edited:
Hi,

this Rule #15 could simply say:

It is forbidden to advertise any other RCE Online Games in any way. This is a forum for EU, not an advertising platform. Comparisons are OK as long as they are made objectively - in doubt the mod's will judge.

I guess this would be rather near to the way it is handled at the moment (in most cases) without going too far.

In my little world there should be rules, there should be things that are labeled "No-No" - too many people unfortunately cannot live without clear limits. But these rules should, in my little world, be as precisely formulated as possible and as less limiting as possible - nebulous rules with a broad claim are a sure way to be abused, and/or to create a feeling of uncertainty and oppression among the "ruleds", IMHO.

Guess I'm borderlining rule #8 now so I'll stop. I'd like to emphasize that I didn't criticize any existing rule/mod/admin, I just offered an alternative rule #15, and did some philosophics about my understanding of rules, and how they would make sense.

Have fun, and plz don't delete!

I fully support rule #15. This forum is named ENTROPIAforum and nothing else. People that want to talk about other games can go elsewhere. But like another post in the thread I do not understand why it is advertised on EF's front page about WoW-gold, avatars and so on, which in fact also is illegal.

wow_ads.jpg

Last edited:
I fully support rule #15. This forum is named ENTROPIAforum and nothing else. People that want to talk about other games can go elsewhere. But like another post in the thread I do not understand why it is advertised on EF's front page about WoW-gold, avatars and so on, which in fact also is illegal.

It's not ilegall...well maybe is due to rules. Rules were made and aplies for posters. And considering fact that forum is partialy funded by them, owner must accept whatever by him placed adds brings. Unless you're going pay all completely by yourself, if you don't like them. ;)

Last edited:
It's not ilegall...well maybe is due to rules. Still rules aplies for posters.
And considering fact that forum is partialy funded by them, owner must accept whatever by him placed adds brings. Unless you're going pay all completely by yourself, if you don't like them. ;)

I mean that it is illegal to sell wow-gold and avatars... Hence also illegal to advertise for. And I gladly pay to use EF, as you can see from my "modified member" and "premium member" badge I am allready a paying member. That is not the issue though, I don't mind the ads at all since I can turn them off. I was just wondering why there is wow-gold ads.

I mean that it is illegal to sell wow-gold and avatars... Hence also illegal to advertise for.

Oh, my mistake and apologies then. I'm not player of "this game".

But i think someone just violated rule 15 :D j/k

I mean that it is illegal to sell wow-gold and avatars... Hence also illegal to advertise for.

Its not illegal, its breaking their EULA only.
maybe thats what you ment :scratch2:

Funny how an Entropia related forum has WoW related google advertising, but I do not think that it can really be helped - because this particular one is targeted toward games (or seems to be at least) 711 might know what the google ads were set to...

Personally I think this rule is being upheld far too strict, but I guess some of you may have noticed that already.
I think cryengine should be allowed since it's no game. cry*** however is, but it's about the only benchmark we have to compare crytopia to.

Same, as well as being just a little bit childish...

- Nightwolf

Last edited:
Its not illegal, its breaking their EULA only.
maybe thats what you ment :scratch2:

EULA means "End User license Agreement". An agreement which you "sign" everytime you login to both Entropia and most other games. An agreement is binding and breaking an agreement is indeed the same as law violation, and will in most cases hold in court. Let's get back to rule #15 discussion.

The google ads has been explained many times also, here is one of 711's replies on the matter, both rule #15 and the google ads...

I have added dozens of MMORPG game ads to the competitive ad filters for Google Adsense. Unfortunately, since many of the advertisers switch domains on a regular basis (mainly to avoid being filtered by various websites like EF), it is a constant battle to keep them all out.

Our intention is not to "get you to defect" anywhere. Google Adsense attempts to make the ads relevant to the page content, which sometimes results in computer gaming ads appearing. This should be of little surprise, since much of the content on EF is computer game related.

History on EF and other forums has proven that discussions of other MMORPGS often turn into major arguments and flame wars, and have the potential to cause divisiveness and a negative user experience. Thus, the rule prohibiting such discussions.

EntropiaForum is a forum dedicated to EntropiaUniverse. It is a fan forum. There are dozens of general interest gaming forums where you can discuss other games all you like, such as www.mmorpg.com. I really do not understand why a few people have such a hard time grasping the logic behind this rule.

If you would like further clarification of this or any other rule of EntropiaForum, feel free to private message me.

:locked:

Pinky wrote:

13 days ago i wrote this thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...re-any-planetarion-planetia-players-here.html

Which was closed because of the rule. The games I mention there are not in competition with Entropia... they don't even have graphics, as they are textbased webgames. One of them doesn't even exist anymore.
So it's really strict...

I played planetarion for a while. Used to be VtS. ;-)

I dunno how planetarion, ill spell it again P.L.A.N.E.T.A.R.I.O.N, could be a competitor for a rpg like this? I do think this kind of censorship is extreme. If this was posted in the offtopic thread it could do no harm. To be more precise Planetarion isnt a MMORPG so....

What i do understand is, that they dont want useless convo's about shittylife. Still if it was in the offtopic thread what's the harm. It's just totally stupid to think that if we won't talk abbout other MMORPG's here on the forum we won't join those or know about them. Godforbid we might use 'm to cross reference them with this game and all come to the conclussion that EU sux! Which it did but nowadays it's actually playable and can compete with other MMORPG's. Isn't the rule outdated?

Still think it's a chineezy rule :silly2:

Isn't the rule outdated?

Still think it's a chineezy rule :silly2:

I don't mind it so much... if I am really that desperate to talk about another game, I will go use a forum about that game...

If I want to compare EU against another game, I can simply go to the other forum and post about EU there. There are also other forums based on entropia that also allow discussion of other games - RCE that was set up by svetlana and King Buzzo is a great example - another which is not such a great example (that shall not be named here) demostrates a prime reason why these rules are in place... ;)

what happends anyway IF you break this rule?=)

Well anyone cares to explain me why anyone here needs to talk about anything but EU?

Well anyone cares to explain me why anyone here needs to talk about anything but EU?

maybe to say "i played fjigeigei before and i liked the feature that you could "something", and i would like to see that in PE too.
:cool:

maybe to say "i played fjigeigei before and i liked the feature that you could "something", and i would like to see that in PE too.
:cool:

So you can't describe a feature without naming a game?

If history tells us that discussion of other games leads to problems then the rule is there for a good reason and I for one am glad about it.

However, a little more common sense should be displayed when refering to games such as that which Spawn posted about, as they hold no relevence at all to EU, and moderation should then be used when neccessary in such threads. :twocents:

Any bets as to when this thread will be locked :laugh:

Inevitable this one comes up from time to time I guess. Mindbuster has explained the reason behind the rule well I think.

Some answers on how it is interpreted and moderated:

I just wanted to ask if its fobidden to namne crytek's own game: cry***

I read in some thread that its forbidden, just can't get it clear cause many uses that name many times. A nother reason is because our favorite game Entropia will get the same engine soon and to get an feeling how it looks ppl talk about cry*** and that they should try it.

/Spikey

P.S. i hope i didn't break the rules my self now =/

The conversation should be about EU. If you need to mention another game to have your conversation about EU, then you're more likely to be OK to mention it. If you're just mentioning another game either (i) with no relation to EU in the topic at all, or (ii) solely to make a whine about EU, then the rule is much more likely to be applied.

With the coming of CryEngine, its inevitable that there will be some comparisons to Crysis. We're all keen to see what the post-CryEngine EU will look like and how the graphics will compare to Crysis, what hardware we'll need to run it, etc. So comparisons with Crysis are bound to happen. Just try to respect the rule, and only make such comparisons when its necessary for the topic being debated.

I think generally the rule is talking about games that directly run in competition with Entropia - for example, I cant see MindBuster or 711 banning me because I mention Tetris (I hope not now anyway! :D)

Well we have a little arcade of our own here with games like Tetris in it, so I'm sure discussing games like that in Off Topic is fine within reason.

In any case if anyone innocently breaks a rule like this you're not getting banned. Aside from for spam accounts, bans really are quite rare, and generally only occur as a last resort when someone repeatedly and knowingly breaks a rule and shows no intention respecting the forum rules.

So it's really strict...

Well firstly, the mods can't necessarily be expected to figure out exactly what type of game it is you're discussing, etc. Tbh, looking at it, I think your thread would have slipped by - if you'd put it in the Off-Topic forum where it belongs rather than the General Discussion subforum for general EU discussions.

Status
Back