Running into forced wave event on Planet Toulan

INTERNUT

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
INTERNUT
So I was running along the icy north-eastern area of Planet Toulan when a message pops-up, telling me that a wave event is about to start. The next thing I know is that I'm suddenly surrounded by a horde of mobs and then sent packing to the nearest revive a few split-seconds later. I never asked for this wave event and I couldn't find any way of stopping it, so I'm a bit miffed as to what happened. The real irony is that I was at the time looking for the next type of mob that I could comfortably take-on; well I certainly found some mobs but not in the way I intended and the revive point was some distance away from where I was retired. Is there a way of cancelling a wave event that you didn't ask for?

You asked for it by entering the event area :). Alright, you didn't knew it's an event area, now you know. You could spawn a vehicle at the first warning and leave the area. No, you can't stop it. If it's triggered and no one does the killing, it will fail after a while, despawn the mobs and go on a 15-30 min cooldown. It's nothing new, Calypso has a bunch of such spots for a decade.

Wish there was more such things, and not just at the predefined places but totally random ambushes out of nowhere. Wilderness should be wild!

Some of the areas are marked by torches, for example. There should be more corner markings, lines in the sand, that sort of thing, but the spawns have been around for years.
There is stupidity in the messages, such as will start in 10s or whatever that never actually is the time stated, and a new wave message can pop up later when you are nowhere near the event, but all in all I like these spawns, as they often get denser and stronger over time. More could be done ...

Wish there was more such things, and not just at the predefined places but totally random ambushes out of nowhere. Wilderness should be wild!

The 8-or-so minute UE5 preview vid that was around for awhile hinted at possible game-play like this...
(ava spawned adventure/event/wave areas)

Gotta be careful on toulan, those waves will catch ya. We don’t get to consent to a lot of things in EU, it loves screwing us over as we peacefully explore. Luckily the wave events are pretty clearly marked by square lines in the dirt. Just got to pay attention. Now you know what they are for.

Ah, so Toulan does have clear lines then. Could say it's a step in the right direction :p

indeed they are "a thing". Sometimes community maps have them marked out. Not sure how well documented Toulan is though... especially after MS9 got hold of it.

You asked for it by entering the event area :). Alright, you didn't knew it's an event area, now you know. You could spawn a vehicle at the first warning and leave the area. No, you can't stop it. If it's triggered and no one does the killing, it will fail after a while, despawn the mobs and go on a 15-30 min cooldown. It's nothing new, Calypso has a bunch of such spots for a decade.

I had no idea I had entered an event area in the first place and I certainly didn't ask for it.

Some of the areas are marked by torches, for example. There should be more corner markings, lines in the sand, that sort of thing, but the spawns have been around for years.
There is stupidity in the messages, such as will start in 10s or whatever that never actually is the time stated, and a new wave message can pop up later when you are nowhere near the event, but all in all I like these spawns, as they often get denser and stronger over time. More could be done ...
I did pass a torch now that I think about it, but thought this was just another prop.

Gotta be careful on toulan, those waves will catch ya. We don’t get to consent to a lot of things in EU, it loves screwing us over as we peacefully explore. Luckily the wave events are pretty clearly marked by square lines in the dirt. Just got to pay attention. Now you know what they are for.
Well this one certainly caught me out. I was suddenly surrounded by mobs that weren't there a few seconds earlier (no red dots showing on the scope) so I didn't even have time to aim at anything plus they were very fast, aggressive mobs.

Back