Save money at Omegaton!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Omegaton West Habitat is one of THE best places in Entropia Universe to save peds if you do a little bargain hunting. I'm going to use this thread to post screen shots of various discounts I see at Omegaton, where prices are BELOW MV. I will list the location of the shop or booth I find the deals at as well the time that I made the screen prints. This is being done, in part, because I own a booth in the Delta Tower that could use a bit more traffic, but also because there are, I think, a lot of people that are reluctant to travel out here and buy things for some odd reason (maybe they are all too busy sweating at Neas to come a little bit to the west?), which in turn causes a lot of the shops to close their doors since they can't afford to keep their maintanence fees paid up as they are not making peds to break even by paying their fees. I, owning a booth, have no monthly maint. fees, but would like to see more people out here buying at any shop since increases in overall sells here might indirectly help me by getting more discount hunter foot traffic out here. I make no claims that the prices that are shown in here will always be there, or that the screen prints in here will be up-to-date. I'm just going to post screen prints as I come across them. There are deals here, it's just a matter of getting your avatar out here to take a look around... the point of this thread is to prove it, and to prove that you can find some savings if you do more than just sit in the auction room all day... or think that the malls are the only place to buy things... Screen print postings in here will begin later tonight, and/or over the coming days. Watch for them.

Lets start the window shopping...

me-good_prices.jpg

There's some cheap ME over in Booth 2 in the Epsilon Tower. There's quite a few peds worth of Me in the shopkeeper, so I assume that this restocked regularly. Thank you for your service Richard Smith Grandux

Lets go across the hallway...

green_display.jpg

It looks like Bunny has some descent priced furniture.

enra.jpg

Thank you for keeping things at pretty good prices bunny bunnygirlz girlz.

This shopkeeper is owned by a friend of mine; it is located in Omegaton Beta 1E and carries some nicely priced stuff:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Even more importantly, this OJ won't talk to you about "fair prices" or anything like that. :D

I'm still in Epsilon...

In the Epsilon Building, Block A and Block C shops appear to still be owned by the estate broker. Block B shops have no estate terminals and nothing in them yet... so there's not a lot of money you can spend there yet, lol.

However, over in booth 7 there is a couple of deals.

paladin_shin.jpg

fap5.jpg

reilly_boots.jpg

Thank you for keeping your prices fair Leeroy Jughead SgtWood.

Nooooo don't tell everyone about my secret ME supply!!!! :D

s40(L)

svempa_s40.jpg

Moving on up to the alpha building for a little while... Here's a nice price on an s40(L) in booth 7. This booth is owned by Atlan Ion Letricron.

Booths -12-15 appear to still have the estate broker as owner... if anyone does know the real owner of these booths, give me a shout out here or in pm, especially if any of them are for sale. Thanks.

Last edited:
Alpha Tower, Booth 8

There's a few cheap armor parts at Booth 8 in the alpha tower.

shogun_harness.jpg

kobold_shin.jpg

shogun_thigh.jpg

Thanks for keeping prices ok on some items miss bobette birdie!

SO, what you're doing right now is making the prices go up, by convincing people to go there and buy their stuff for "huge discounts". Soon, every price will reach it's MU + X value again.. very soon.

:cool:Thanks Mastermesh....:cool:

We need some sort of fixed sales terminal in game where businesses can place ads for sales and list some curent prices as you have done... the advertising screens are not enough.... and don't allow for comparison shopping... I've never been to omegaton.... only the malls.... but I'm on my way...

Great Post!!
Everyone Go Shopping... the auction isn't everything
support our business people their shops
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:/

SO, what you're doing right now is making the prices go up, by convincing people to go there and buy their stuff for "huge discounts". Soon, every price will reach it's MU + X value again.. very soon.

:lolup:

Quite the contrary.. Items that are bought from the shopkeepers do NOT change the MU on things.. MU is only affected by items that are bought from the auctions..

Do a little homework before you speak.

D

:lolup:

Quite the contrary.. Items that are bought from the shopkeepers do NOT change the MU on things.. MU is only affected by items that are bought from the auctions..

D

Are you messed up?.. I meant that the owners will raise the prices! :eek:

most shop owners are smarter than you think. :)
they are fully aware they must keep prices below auction to get anyone take the walk.

meanwhile, nice brukite/orange pants made by noob tailor called Drave Robber :D have been added to the shopkeeper at Omegaton Beta 1E:

as evidenced by the screenshot, you can often meet the owner of the business himself there as well :)

is there an approximate figure of how many shops are open in EU?

personally, if i am able to start up trading, i might want to take a comprehensive view of all the avatar owned shops in EU... can anyone list a complete list of where to find avatar owned shops? (excluding those too far from the teleporter)

D

As I have just said.. you need to do a lot more studying before you should even post.. your rep says it all..

As Drave has mentioned, we shop owners have to consistantly change the cost of things to maintian our lower than MU prices..

So on that note..

Omegaton Beta 8B there is also a shopkeeper.. we provide just about everything a mentor could want for his disciples or the disciple for him/herself..If a disciple or anyone else for that matter wishes to buy something but either doesnt have the ped, as well if there is an item in the shop that is not in the shopkeeper, i offer a trading service for skins, wool, animal oils, minerals and enmatter. To take advantage of this special offer all one has to do is buy the nutribar in theshopkeeper and i will arrive usually with in 5 to 10 min.. Price of the bar is of course returned regardless of sale..

If it is clothes you want.. then Omegaton Beta 8F has plenty of clothes to choose from. As yet i dont have a shopkeeper in there however all it takes is a 5 sec walk to 8B and buy the nutri from the shopkeeper there and i will come. Same rules and trades accepted.. I hope all will take advantage of this service and scan this thread regularly as there are many things, people and private businesses where you can save a lot of ped..

Good shopping to you all..

David

It is possible that some prices might go up... but it's also highly likely that as more sales come in, prices will go down since shop owners will want repeat business, and that repeat business will likely go to those that are strategically pricing some, or most of their things below market values that are normally paid on auctions. In the NBK Entrepreneur us shop owners try to keep prices below MV when possible in all of our shops. We have shop owners in a large number of various places, including the malls. Do some searches if you want to find out more about that. I think I'm the only one of us in NBK E. with a booth at Omegaton at the moment though... The main reason I'm doing this is to get more people that shopping around at Omegaton since I personally plan to try to keep my own booth's prices below MV on most things when possible. The link in my sig tells you more about my booth. The point of this thread is primarily to show you that my booth is not the only booth in Omegaton that has good prices... so it might be good to come around these parts more often and do some shopping. The advantage of owning a booth vs a shop is mainly that they don't have monthly maintanence fees involved (hopefully MA never puts those on booths), so we have the potential to have the best priced stuff in EU since we don't have to "break even" on the maint. fee just to keep the shop opened. It'd be nice if more people that owned booths realized that and started pricing things appropriately. Doing the math, it costs almost but not quite 50% less to sell higher end items in booths with the taxes than it does to sell in auctions due to auction fees. Using shopkeepers negates that a little since there is a 10 pec shopkeeper decay fee every time something sells in a shopkeeper, but overall, it's still fairly cheap to sell in booths/shops... so there is potentially a gigantic discount potential here if shop/booth owners would just wake up and start selling things at good prices like the ones listed in this thread, and if people would stop being lazy and just looking on auctions instead of trying to look in real shops too to compare prices since auctions actually cost you more a lot of times...

We need some sort of fixed sales terminal in game where businesses can place ads for sales and list some curent prices as you have done... the advertising screens are not enough.... and don't allow for comparison shopping... I've never been to omegaton.... only the malls.... but I'm on my way...

Could not agree with you more. However, for the time being, threads like this one are what we have to work with... so I'll keep posting in here, and hopefully others will continue to do so to! :)

I originally was going to make a gigantic list of all shops and try to do this sort of thing for a lot of various shops in EU, but quickly realized that all of EU is far too big for me to take on doing something like that, and that Omegaton is my home base since I own a booth there, so I figure, like in the real world, I'll start with local shopping and hometown advertising.

1. You have no idea what you're talking about.
2. Most of this stuff is TT junk, I don't see many good prices in this thread at all.

as fortunate or unfortunate as it may be, opinions are a lot like armpits - everyone has one and most of them usually stink, lol.

Just because you don't see anything you would be interested in buying in this thread yet doesn't mean that others might not see something... Any time you find something that has some value (market value over 100% or TT+0) and you can obtain it at a descent price below market value there is a possible ped savings... that can add up to a substantial savings over time on small items...

A ped saved is a ped earned!

Last edited:
2. Most of this stuff is TT junk, I don't see many good prices in this thread at all.

Little unfair dont you think my friend? Ahh but probably cause you havent taken a look at my store recently ;) and the fact that i didnt list any prices..

Was going to let MasterMesh do that..

So everyone come up to Omegaton Beta 8B, F and get a good :deal:

Peace

Dave

Omegaton Beta 8b...

Here's some deals I saw at Omegaton Beta 8B...
b8.jpg

p2a.jpg

m2a.jpg

hl14.jpg

m3a.jpg

rv50.jpg

Keep it up Mastermesh, some of us appreciate what you are doing!
I haven't seen anything to interest me yet, but anything that increases the number of people looking around shops is good for the game. There are two ways for shopkeepers to improve their profits: Increase their prices or increase their throughput. As a buyer I hope for the latter!
A lot of people take a quick look around PA mall the first week they are logged on and think that prices are so high in shops that it can never be worth even looking around them.

some of the noob L gun here markup price are fake.

Daily have been pumped up to make the publicity stunt of showing them cheaper on this thread. Intentional or not... the timing was kind of bogus...

New arrival must understand that on most scenarios such items(armor/gun) you can have them for NO MARKUP if you ask around your socmates and friends...

Some good price can be found on this tread if you fancy wasting ped anyway on furniture or things like that in the 1st place... but overall i count that as lose. So yes your making a bargain on something kind of hard to sell back! :)

125% for s40
117% on p2a

rofl at daily fake markup.

some of the noob L gun here markup price are fake.

Daily have been pumped up to make the publicity stunt of showing them cheaper on this thread. Intentional or not... the timing was kind of bogus...

New arrival must understand that on most scenarios such items(armor/gun) you can have them for NO MARKUP if you ask around your socmates and friends...

Some good price can be found on this tread if you fancy wasting ped anyway on furniture or things like that in the 1st place... but overall i count that as lose. So yes your making a bargain on something kind of hard to sell back! :)

125% for s40
117% on p2a

rofl at daily fake markup.

Indeed, hence my earlier comments. The same applies to Paladin Shins, Shogun Thighs etc. Dozens of these items drop every day and hardly any sell on auction. The markup shown is misleading because of low volume. Most of these items either go in the TT or are traded for TT value between socmates.

It amazes me that someone with such ignorance of the genuine market should consider themselves a trader. It must be very frustrating.

I did not pump up the MU on anything, and have no intentions of doing so, actually, most of the time, since I sell below market value, I'm lowering the MU on things rather than making them move the other way, and I think other shop owners do likewise a lot of times.

Most of these items either go in the TT or are traded for TT value between socmates.

It amazes me that someone with such ignorance of the genuine market should consider themselves a trader. It must be very frustrating.

If people are dumping things that have MU in to the TT because they are too lazy to try to find a real buyer, utilize STTS, or some other consignment shops to try to get more than TT prices, that's on them... and would seem to be where the truer sign of ignorance. If there is a market value above TT price, there has been someone that bought the thing in the past above TT price, so dumping that stuff in to the TT seems like a major waste... almost like throwing out a lottery ticket before you know if it won or not because it's only worth a buck and you can't put that lotter ticket in to the coke machine when you want a one dollar coke.

I will probably start this up in the coming days. I have not done much wandering around at Omegaton lately since I've been busy sweating at Neas on the rare times that I am online and dealing with some real world issues...

Also, I've re-arranged my own booth. The gigantium signs are gone now. Sorry if they were getting in anyone's way. See link in sig for more on my booth.

going forward...

Going forward with this idea... I'll continue to post discount deals I see when I see them at Omegaton, and ask others to post them too if they want. If you do post a screenie, please do like I do and put market value history window in there too... and lets make this a bit less scammy for naysayers... When posting, lets make it so that the price posted has to be below daily, weekly, and monthly rates.. and if possible, yearly and decade too. If people are artificially inflating prices, it's not highly likely that they are doing that for over a month since no one controls the entire market... even more so for yearly and decade rates

If people are dumping things that have MU in to the TT because they are too lazy to try to find a real buyer, utilize STTS, or some other consignment shops to try to get more than TT prices, that's on them... and would seem to be where the truer sign of ignorance.

I don't know any consignment shops that take Paladin Shins F, and I don't think STTS will either.

The daily/weekly/etc markup shown is only for items that actually sell. So, yeah, it's a positive markup because most people don't auction for less than TT.

What the figures don't tell you is that for every one that sells there are 50 that don't.

If I was camping Repesilex I would loot 10-20 Paladin Shins every day, at least. Do you think I could sell all of those? Of course I couldn't. They are the definition of worthless.

Hmm...

Not sure about Paladin since I don't usually buy it much... but I suspect it has to do someone somewhere some good.

From Entropedia:

Paladin:
Stb: 6.5 HP
Cut: 13 HP
Imp: 13 HP
Pen: 6.5 HP
Brn: 13 HP

Nemesis:
Stb: 15 HP
Cut: 15 HP
Imp: 15 HP
Pen: 7.5 HP

On Cut/Impact/Penetration the Paladin is fairly close to the level of Nemesis... Of course, the Penetration doesn't do a lot of good without the burn protection, but that Cut/Impact has to give someone some sort of protection on some mobs that would make it worth buying the stuff... especially if you plate it to make it more economic.

I guess my point is that just because you think something is not a deal to you does not mean it's not to someone else... and if people really are TTing stuff that has markup, I have to ask why?... I'm thinking of starting a consignment setup with my booth, but need to clear out a lot of stuff that is in there and in storage first. Even if the stuff is not sellable, don't TT it... surely you have friends that are lower level than you that might find a use for it.

As far as STTS goes, yes, they are picky, but that's mainly because they are mostly selling in the auction, sometimes with +0 as start bid. That means they have to be picky since they are paying more in auction fees than shop owners are in taxes. As to whether or not a bunch of palidin parts would sell or not, I have no idea since I've not tried it, but I suspect that over time, given the right circumstances, yes, they would sell... It may not all sell at once quickly, but would sell eventually and at prices above what the TT machine is going to pay you. It just takes a bit of patience... and preferably a shopkeeper or booth to make that patience actually work.

Nihilist's Dead Man's Plunder shop does pick up looted armor on occasion, but I'm not sure if he does paladin a lot... Typically things can't sell very well in shops or auction if Market value is below +1 since shops make you start out with +1 as bottom limit... Auction does not do that, but auction fees would make it not work very well. What there needs to be is a team like STTS that focuses on low level stuff in person to person trading instead of auction, but that team does not exist yet. I suspect that before long that team may come in to existence...

Not sure about Paladin since I don't usually buy it much... but I suspect it has to do someone somewhere some good.

<snip>

I didn't say it wasn't good, I said it was TT food because it's so common.

I guess my point is that just because you think something is not a deal to you does not mean it's not to someone else... and if people really are TTing stuff that has markup, I have to ask why?

Read my posts. In almost all cases an item like Paladin Shins does not have markup because no-one will buy it.

You could easily put Paladin Shins (F) on auction 20 times before it sold, and obviously if you did that you'd be down on the fees.

Nihilist's Dead Man's Plunder shop does pick up looted armor on occasion, but I'm not sure if he does paladin a lot... Typically things can't sell very well in shops or auction if Market value is below +1 since shops make you start out with +1 as bottom limit...

Nihilist doesn't take Paladin Shins (F), because he actually knows something about the market rather than making badly-informed assumptions about it.

Nihilist doesn't take Paladin Shins (F), because he actually knows something about the market rather than making badly-informed assumptions about it.

well.. i will sometimes take them.. BUT.. i always inform the seller that it will most likely end up in the Trade Terminal if i don't need the extra filler items.. filler items like paladin shins/face (F) (etc etc etc there are quite a few "tt trash/filler items") are nice to have when i run out of other things.. but just to make the shop look more full.. when i replace the stock with better items TT trash "filler" items are always the first to go.. and high TT filler items are always the first to go into the trade terminal.. so yes i do take them.. but always with the disclaimer that i will TT them at will.

nih

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back