Help: Says I have active pets but I don't

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
...At least I think I don't. :scratch2:

I tame a pet, feed it some bars and run off to let it auto-stable. Go sweating/hunting while I wait.

After it stables, I go off to tame another one. Usually I have no problems, but sometimes, it gives me the "you aren't skilled enough to have more than 1 active pet"

:eek: What active pet? They're all in the stables.

Like I said, sometimes I have no problem taming another one right after, but other times I get that problem.

What's going on?

Why don't you just realease it 'back into the wild' after you're done taming it?

You must have a pet still out in the wild someplace - they will only auto stable if they are left alone - with no other avatar going near them for a period of time - if others are running around then they stay where you left them - IE: Pets left at swmp camp as adverts - those never auto stable cuz there is always someone around.

You prolly have left one someplace that has had constant ppl around it.

Just a thought.

lulz

Make sure it isn't counting Winter while she's online! :laugh:

:D :eek: :ahh: :scratch2: :confused: :laugh:

hah

That would rock! The bastich only demotes me every 6 months I dont play but at the least I've flaggd myself as unelectable for leader... As it stands, ranks are meaningless, though I would love a FF8 system where your rank determines a societal allowance paid weekly out of JC's deeppockets... :laugh:

I would love a FF8 system where your rank determines a societal allowance paid weekly out of JC's deeppockets... :laugh:

Or .. he would get some from you for implying his wife was a pet. :naughty:

Oh this thread has gone horribly wrong. :duh:

Last edited:
I blame Dergin. :wise:

Well, skipping the wife/pet issue for the moment:

You must have a pet still out in the wild someplace - they will only auto stable if they are left alone - with no other avatar going near them for a period of time - if others are running around then they stay where you left them - IE: Pets left at swmp camp as adverts - those never auto stable cuz there is always someone around.

You prolly have left one someplace that has had constant ppl around it.

Just a thought.

Nope. I go to the next taming attempt AFTER the mob goes auto-stable. Usually this works fine and I have no problems.

However a few times, I get said problem.

Well, skipping the wife/pet issue for the moment:

Nope. I go to the next taming attempt AFTER the mob goes auto-stable. Usually this works fine and I have no problems.

However a few times, I get said problem.

I've had this before when the pet auto stables after it's just been tamed. I think it's a bug and the 'pet in the wild' counter doesn't get decremented on the server. Normally a relog fixes it for me before taming another one.

/MP.

I've had this before when the pet auto stables after it's just been tamed. I think it's a bug and the 'pet in the wild' counter doesn't get decremented on the server. Normally a relog fixes it for me before taming another one.

/MP.

Cool, thanks Max. :)

...At least I think I don't. :scratch2:

I tame a pet, feed it some bars and run off to let it auto-stable. Go sweating/hunting while I wait.

After it stables, I go off to tame another one. Usually I have no problems, but sometimes, it gives me the "you aren't skilled enough to have more than 1 active pet"

:eek: What active pet? They're all in the stables.

Like I said, sometimes I have no problem taming another one right after, but other times I get that problem.

What's going on?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...rectly-when-teleporting-another-location.html

See my bug report. This has been around for ages and occurs when you teleport to another location. Also reported to Mindark... but, well... :whip:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...rectly-when-teleporting-another-location.html

See my bug report. This has been around for ages and occurs when you teleport to another location. Also reported to Mindark... but, well... :whip:

Thanks Rob, but no TPing was invovled in these "locks". I simply ran a few meters and when my pet was off radar, went hunting until I got my deed, then simply tamed the next mob...

Only to find this lil error. :(

Been using Max's suggestion of relogging after gettign my deed. SLows things up even more, but no real worries.

btw taming snable(F) and exa Doms at lvl 4 confirmed.

Thanks Rob, but no TPing was invovled in these "locks". I simply ran a few meters and when my pet was off radar, went hunting until I got my deed, then simply tamed the next mob...

Maybe it has to do with 'server borders'. Maybe you crossed them, could be technically the same as using a teleport?

Maybe it has to do with 'server borders'. Maybe you crossed them, could be technically the same as using a teleport?

:scratch: That is possible. I was out east of Argus right where the border is.

Hi.

I discover that thing when try tame my second pet. I not have enough skill to have 2 pets at same time until lvl 6 and little. You must drag pet deed to storage, then you not have active pet and you can go for next mob for tame.

Greetings.

Back