Scammer Alert II

Status
Koliber said:
A quick look back at the (L) items thing. Don't make connections about buying crap in real life. In PE u can see that the item is (L) and almost broken, so why the hell would you by it anyway?

To try it out before commiting to a full TT one?

Think I just caught a case of disciple scamming. An apparant noob by name of "The Girl First". Asked me if I could mentor her, sure I thought. She asked if I could lend her a few peds for some gear, I said no, for obvious reasons. Not saying I wont give gear to my disciples, but not like that ;) Still gave her the benefit of the doubt though. Took her on some TP runs (with equal teams). Lost a few PEDs in ammo, but I tend to do TP running by simply avoiding mobs instead of hacking through them. So even though she made an 'equal' team, she got maybe 5 peds out of 2 hours of tp-running or so. Then she disappeared from my disciple list, only to come on later asking why I kicked her (I didn't). So I re add her as disciple, and I come on today, she gone again.

I'm fairly sure she was just after getting PEDs from me. I might not be so smart that I didn't 'fall' for it, but I never lended or gave her anything, so except a few PEDs from equal team tp running, I didn't lost anything but a few hours. Lucky some other beginners tagged along for the tp-run, so the time wasn't a total waste. Just posting this to warn other to not take in that person as disciple or give her anything. Good day.

Chainfire said:
Think I just caught a case of disciple scamming. An apparant noob by name of "The Girl First". Asked me if I could mentor her, sure I thought. She asked if I could lend her a few peds for some gear, I said no, for obvious reasons. Not saying I wont give gear to my disciples, but not like that ;) Still gave her the benefit of the doubt though. Took her on some TP runs (with equal teams). Lost a few PEDs in ammo, but I tend to do TP running by simply avoiding mobs instead of hacking through them. So even though she made an 'equal' team, she got maybe 5 peds out of 2 hours of tp-running or so. Then she disappeared from my disciple list, only to come on later asking why I kicked her (I didn't). So I re add her as disciple, and I come on today, she gone again.

I'm fairly sure she was just after getting PEDs from me. I might not be so smart that I didn't 'fall' for it, but I never lended or gave her anything, so except a few PEDs from equal team tp running, I didn't lost anything but a few hours. Lucky some other beginners tagged along for the tp-run, so the time wasn't a total waste. Just posting this to warn other to not take in that person as disciple or give her anything. Good day.

Same thing happened to my Soc mate with that exact Ava so its confirmed.

also if you add this avatar to the list dont put my name next two it pelase as I find that some dont realize one side is for who reported and the other is the scammer and some might think that one one thet reported is also on the list thanks.

besides it chanefire reporting it I am just confirming :silly2:

here is the post from our soc forum

"The Girl First"

socmate name removed
Adept

Posted: 13 Apr 2006 01:08 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it was funny yesterday, a female avator needed help getting to camp echidna so i took her as a disciple. i gave her armor i looted and a fap 5, then we set sail for the long trip. she asked me " can i borrow 200 ped for 2 days until my b/f deposits $100 for me." i simply told her "i dont have many ped on me". i then explained what a scammer is.... she just was saying OK. it was very late and i wanted to go to bed but i wanted to stay on and continue to laugh as we were tp running. when i was about to log off she asked me if i can borrow my laser, scope and the a104( i just brought that at auction for TT+10 a steal) so i gave her one of my 3 a103s
i looted from argos. so if she does not pay me back(im 95% sure she wont) i dont care about those items. her name is "The Girl First" just wanted to let u guys know.
Mining Gobles: 1
Crafting Gobles: 1
Hall of Fame: 2

Was approached by my first scammer last night but unfortunately I didn't think to write down his full name. I was at storage in Ithaca when he initiated a trade chat and asked me if I wanted to upgrade my armor. I said, "Ur kidding, right?" He said, "Lol, what?" I said "That one's older than dirt, get lost". He left after throwing me a final "f**k u". Throughout this chat, I was stuck in the storage window so I couldn't get a screenie. Anyway, he ran to the TP and I decided to follow just for curiosity's sake. After about 5 minutes jumping from TP to TP, I found him again but he appeared stuck (walking in place) and then logged off as I approached to get a screenshot.

He was wearing a pair of white briefs and his name was (something) ScavengeR (something). He went by "ScavengeR". The first name started with two G's, like "ggatz" or something like that. Anyway, I don't see him on Wanda's list.

Sorry, not a lot to go on but just wanted to post it here. I can't imagine too many people are taken in by the armor upgrade scam anymore. :rolleyes:

Well me and my soc mate

found The Girl First

and had her meet us in Enchida

Guess what we called this person out and told them that we knew they had multipule Avatars

they unlogged after we told them that we needed them to be on same server to track them LOL

Then mad as hell he relogged and started calling us names and saying that we where the scammer and here is who he reloged in as so its great we found the other avai behind the noob ava. this person was telling us to suck his etc .... anyways he belongs to a soc called

The Supremacy Legion

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

So The girl First and Mihai cristi andrei are one and the same

Magic Minder said:
Well me and my soc mate

found The Girl First

and had her meet us in Enchida

Guess what we called this person out and told them that we knew they had multipule Avatars

they unlogged after we told them that we needed them to be on same server to track them LOL

Then mad as hell he relogged and started calling us names and saying that we where the scammer and here is who he reloged in as so its great we found the other avai behind the noob ava. this person was telling us to suck his etc .... anyways he belongs to a soc called

The Supremacy Legion

So The girl First and Mihai cristi andrei are one and the same

Guess that is a nice piece of information for the soc leaders.

How come all scammers are just wearing underwears? I have never met a scammer with clothes, lol :laugh:

dub said:
This says a great deal about you.

and why did you say that if i may ask? is it my name you see there? is it me selling it? guess not, :dunce:

Despellanion said:
How come all scammers are just wearing underwears? I have never met a scammer with clothes, lol :laugh:

:laugh: thats a very interesting and disturbing fact...

I have been done - for the first time :D

I almost feel violated! :D

Heres a copy of the support case just sent - for info only:

S C A M M E R A L E R T

'Evening.

I have just had my first experience in 5 months of playing with being scammed. Luckily I only lost 2 low tt A103's ;)

The scammers operate in a pair. Their names are (spelling may be incorrect) *Something* (ie It was a long word i dont remember) Auctuma *Something* and Kurt Cobein Nirvana. The scam works like this:

Firstly, one will approach you (in this case Nirvana) and want to buy your gear. He places his PED's in the trade window, then cancels the deal and runs off.

A few mins later the other comes (in this case the fake Auctuma) and offers to buy your gear. You place your gear in the trade window, he places his PEDS in his window, both confirm the deal, but guess what? You are left with no gear and no PEDS.

I am not sure how they did this. I am sorry, but I got no screenshot at the time of the scam, which was around 1815 MA time today 19 April at Port Atlantis.

I am not too concerned, as the kit stolen was worth bugger all. However, what does concern me is that someone will (if they havent been already) be scammed out of an item far more valuable.

I wonder if my information corresponds with other information that you already have regarding these two avatars?

Pls contact me if you think there is anything I can do, and PLEASE find them and ban their asses ;)

Many thanks

TS TSEC CRYPTO

TSCRYPTO said:
I almost feel violated! :D

Heres a copy of the support case just sent - for info only:

S C A M M E R A L E R T

'Evening.

I have just had my first experience in 5 months of playing with being scammed. Luckily I only lost 2 low tt A103's ;)

The scammers operate in a pair. Their names are (spelling may be incorrect) *Something* (ie It was a long word i dont remember) Auctuma *Something* and Kurt Cobein Nirvana. The scam works like this:

Firstly, one will approach you (in this case Nirvana) and want to buy your gear. He places his PED's in the trade window, then cancels the deal and runs off.

A few mins later the other comes (in this case the fake Auctuma) and offers to buy your gear. You place your gear in the trade window, he places his PEDS in his window, both confirm the deal, but guess what? You are left with no gear and no PEDS.

I am not sure how they did this. I am sorry, but I got no screenshot at the time of the scam, which was around 1815 MA time today 19 April at Port Atlantis.

I am not too concerned, as the kit stolen was worth bugger all. However, what does concern me is that someone will (if they havent been already) be scammed out of an item far more valuable.

I wonder if my information corresponds with other information that you already have regarding these two avatars?

Pls contact me if you think there is anything I can do, and PLEASE find them and ban their asses ;)

Many thanks

TS TSEC CRYPTO

As glad i am that people are now aware of these scamming scum, i just hope that some other scamming scum hasnt read this and got a new idea :rolleyes:

+rep for sending a support case though, some people probably might not for something not worth much to them...

TSCRYPTO said:
...and Kurt Cobein Nirvana....

could it have been:

Kurt NIRVANA Cobain reported by Koliber - attempted trade scam

?

wanda said:
could it have been:

Kurt NIRVANA Cobain reported by Koliber - attempted trade scam

?

Yep, possibly - but I am certain Cobain was misspelt Cobein

The classic one^^

On Saturday Evening - yes, I had drunk some Beer - a friendly Guy in easy dressing (just Underwear - Attention) picked me up in Billys Outpost.

"Gimme Your Amour (TT), i will upgrade it to Shogun - Cheap"
"What?"
"I will make you a better armour - Shogun!"
"For only 5 PED the full armour!"
"Yes man! - Come with me"

Sowe go to the Factoring machine, he starts to work with it... and...
"WHOW!" (ca. 5 times)"Your a lucky Man! You´ve stolen my luck!"
"What?"
"Whow! Invulnerable!"
"What?"
"Come on Man, you got a really god Armour... go to TT and buy 3 NeoPsion!"
... to be continued... :rolleyes:

But, he was really friendly, after i said, that I can´t deposit anymore, he said:
"Oh... what we do now- maybee i can deposit fpr you - gimme your CC..." :eek:

Really freindly I think... but I wasn´t stupid enough to do that. I ask him fpr his Login, to tray to deposit for him, but he gave me only the Login for his "Brother´s" Account. :rolleyes:

Oki, enough of my Bad English;
Be Careful with Deals, do not Deal with:
Grand Soul Wizard
or his Second Account (His Brother One´s) :laugh:
jor EL Master

Read my 2 step easy guide (found on my signature) :rolleyes:

More Noob Scammers REGENERATOR [Italia]

Hey everyone just a heads up there is still stupid scammers about, just then someone tried to get me so i went along with it to get screenshots and to warn you people. He was from my own clan and I can safely say bye bye to Project Entropia for him. here are the screenshots. He tried the old, "I'll repair your armour and increase it's points by 5 something or other BS!!!.

[img=http://img20.!!!!!!!!!!.us/img20/2572/scam13qm.th.jpg]

[img=http://img20.!!!!!!!!!!.us/img20/6078/scam24ty.th.jpg]

[img=http://img157.!!!!!!!!!!.us/img157/9749/scam37sl.th.jpg]

I am wondering wether to file a sexual harrasment claim against him he tol me to QUOTE "strip and give it to me" that is gay.

Last edited:
I cant see your pics, and you have to put it in the scammer thread ;)

EDIT: Did you just move your thread in here, or is my head screwed up lol :laugh:

Last edited:
Havocslasher said:
Hey everyone just a heads up there is still stupid scammers about, just then someone tried to get me so i went along with it to get screenshots and to warn you people. He was from my own clan and I can safely say bye bye to Project Entropia for him. here are the screenshots. He tried the old, "I'll repair your armour and increase it's points by 5 something or other BS!!!.

[img=http://img20.!!!!!!!!!!.us/img20/2572/scam13qm.th.jpg]

[img=http://img20.!!!!!!!!!!.us/img20/6078/scam24ty.th.jpg]

[img=http://img157.!!!!!!!!!!.us/img157/9749/scam37sl.th.jpg]

I am wondering wether to file a sexual harrasment claim against him he tol me to QUOTE "strip and give it to me" that is gay.

You need to upload the photos to ef's gallery or they wont show.

Dom_sufc said:
I cant see your pics, and you have to put it in the scammer thread ;)

EDIT: Did you just move your thread in here, or is my head screwed up lol :laugh:

I moved it :)
And yes, Havoc please do upload the pictures to our own gallery.

Havocslasher said:

Man, you can't be saying that shit during the day, you made me :laugh: out loud at work! Too funny :D

TSCRYPTO said:

Kurt Kobain tried to scam me for a low value FAP about twelve hours ago in Camp Pheonix. I went around for a short time after yelling (at least typing in caps) "KURT COBAIN IS A SCAMMER". Someone stated that they could verify that (I assume it was in response to me).

Anyway, I didn't get any screenshots and so only have my word as proof. They can sue me if they want. Tosser. :mad:

I've just had Mazs Puucinjsh Miiljsh try to scam me with the same trade method as my previous post. This time it was some Goblin Shin Guards.

Someone actually called me a tell tail for outing the guy in game but I don't see why I (or anyone else, for that matter) should have to put up with people like this.

xInFernaLx said:
I was trading a guy once.. He was buying some armour for 8 ped. We were both ok with the price and traded. I didn't notice before a while that something was wrong. I still had the armour :eek: I don't remember his name. But can anyone tell me what to do?? If the guy that traded me reads this, pls send me a pm. I make it up to you :)

You sure that you got his money?

Scam Warning

A female avatar called Sorceres offered to "regenerate" my armour for 15 ped. She said that I should give her the armour and peds and she would do this for me at "this machine" as I wasn't skilled enough to do it myself. The machine in question was the crafting machine.

This happened at Billys and I politely told her to go away. I suggest that others follow my example.

Jet

Damn I missed this thread.... So I have fallen for it.

Fritz said:
On Saturday Evening - yes, I had drunk some Beer - a friendly Guy in easy dressing (just Underwear - Attention) picked me up in Billys Outpost.

Be Careful with Deals, do not Deal with:
Grand Soul Wizard
or his Second Account (His Brother One´s) :laugh:
jor EL Master

Your descriptiom fits to another crafter with the same way of talking.

I just got scammed by - "crafter / the best crafter in of all times".

Yes the avatar chats very friendly, promised to give me a ghost armor for my old plus 30 ped the other day. Today it was +10 ped since we had a chat the other day.

I started of by giving him my Paladin elbow guards, so he could create ghost elbows in exchange.
I asked that if I could see the blue print, he said that he already put it there and he will loose 10 ped if he removes it. I should have had a big bell ringing in my head allready..

Something is fishy, but since I only crafted shoes i don't know if making armour is different, stupid me. I started to take pics just in case there was a rotten fish hidden.

Then he said that he needed the whole armour set to be able to create the Ghost armour. And since I dont know about armour crafting and also was blinded by ther "good" deal I passed the rest of my armour parts to him.

So he stands in front of the crafting machine and turns to me and says - Crafting does not work because I have other things on me that is intefering.
Earlier I had mentioned that I had a marber on the auction, "Maybe it is your marber that is interfering, explaining that there is a MA bug, and asking if I did not know about it. So why don't you go and take it away from the auction. And give it to me."

Then the bell started to ring BIG time in my ears. No way I would stop a auction that is going on. I was "had". :dunce: :mad:

During the chat I took screenshots of him and our chat, but never got the brothers account/avatar name.

So noobs and fellow players add " crafter " to your stay away list.

If I haven't run into him within 24h, and got my stuff back, MA is getting all the pics of our session. Not shure they can do anything, but at least you are warned. Untill then this post remain here.

Some of the pics -

// Phorian Lonewolf

Scam Attention

Hi all,

a little warning to all. A new Scammer with the Name

THEONE THESECOND THE LAST ONE

offered skill sell out, he has no GSI to take the skills on it. If you
give him a GSI you he dont give it back. He goes offline or run away.

Do not trade with this person and give him any items !!!

Greetz
DAN

Info(warning) about Wildcard avatar(hangar scam)

I noticed Jake Wildcard Logan was mentioned in another thread so I feel I should tell you about my experience with that guy.

I met wildcard when he was a newcomer in Atlantis and he became my diciple. This might be like 1.5 years ago. (not sure but I can check it out)
He is still on my diciple list.

I helped him out alot with info and items but he just seemed to wanna leech on me. And he scammed some noobs I remember selling them tt blueprits for sweat.
Anyway he had some progress and started hinting that some startup capital could get his trading really started. This was when I had known him for like 3-6 months. After some time I did borrow him 1k peds to get started, as the sucker I am. Next day he was gone.

Some months later he came on and started saying he had great success with another avatar and that I would get back my peds and more. He logged off and I never saw him again.

Until sometime last week when Wildcard got on and claimed he had gotten the avatar from his cousin and that he knew nothing about any of this.
He also said he had gotten it like 2 years ago which makes little sence.

He seems to write the same way and is a rather slick talker. Do I thrust this "cousin"? No fucking way. Have I seen my peds come back? Not a penny.
And did he pay 32k peds for the hangar? Well he said he didnt have 1k or even 500 peds for me.

Hope this can be useful info for some people.

Last edited:
Thanks for your information on this person who is indeed involved in someway with the scam that saw Neverdie lose his hangar.

It really is time for MA to pull their fingers out and check the logs and resolve this whole mess.

Status
Back