Scammer Alert

Status
Traf Rellik said:
This is a guess, so feel free to laugh: "damn good looking"?

The closest I could see was the portuguese "gata" into good looking, and the dau was a pure guess from there.

Not even close, you are good in science but language is another thing. :)

the "a" construct is similar to the "to" construct in the English Infinitive.

dau - v. (a da) to give, to hand to
gata - a. finished, complete

a da gata - is actually a valid expression and it means "to finish, to conquer, to impress".

dau gata - continuous form of the above, similar to ... pawner in 1337 talk.

This is a little messed up, I last studied grammar 4 years ago, now I spend my time on the internet. Its late too... so I will add this. Romanian is basically a latin root language, (romantic origin), the grammar is respectitive of the latin grammar, however alot of words are of slavic accent.

If You Sesomeone That I Say Is A Scammer They Are!

NEVER TRADE LAZYEYE HE IS A SKILL SCAMMER, NOTE: HE IS IN THE NBK LEGION!

just today i was trying to buy a skill and here comes LAZYEYE and says ill sell you one for 1 ped, i pay him the ped, give him the chip and he goes running off from twin peaks like a chicken with his head cut off!

NEVER TRADE LAZYEYE HE IS A SCAMMER, A RATHER PATHETIC ONE!
:wise: :eek:

mrproper said:
How did this GSI scam technique started? Why do you keep giving them GSIs and PEDs for a skill that they do not show proof of.

B.U.M.P. :)

dau gata busted in pictures

ok so I tp'd into Jason and here she is.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

she's straight into it

So I make a ridiculous request

dau gata busted in pictures cont

and price

I then ask her to put her GSI in the window and here's the reply

So I tell her i have to get a GSI from storage

I run around her a bit grab scanner and BAM

and

So I then tell her in global chat about her skamming ways and others join in the fun as you can see she seems quite proud of herself

After a bit more conversation she decides to leg it.

So there ya go my scanner proved its worth , mind you I couldnt have given her a GSI anyway as I dont have one .

Jason is another meeting place for Ro ppl. Also note that only we and the Jamaicans use "man" that often.

mkay yeah i just got my Killian Longblade G3 scammed by some whos name was like 'bitchie 2pac or somehing' he agreed to pay me 55 ped for it. i saw him put the PED in the box and i accepted, when i first realized i thought he had somehow managed to get fake ped through some wierd script or watever but i have learnt thru talking to others he just removes the ped as you go to press the 1st confirmation and you dont think not to look over again for the second time. ah alas alac eh. just dont make my mistake.

That is either a bug, or a willingly used exploit. It must be automatically as nobody can click the clear button 100ms after the other accepts.

However, please read MA's recommendations, always check the receipt, all data is listed there and the trades are final.

Badger said:
mkay yeah i just got my Killian Longblade G3 scammed by some whos name was like 'bitchie 2pac or somehing' he agreed to pay me 55 ped for it. i saw him put the PED in the box and i accepted, when i first realized i thought he had somehow managed to get fake ped through some wierd script or watever but i have learnt thru talking to others he just removes the ped as you go to press the 1st confirmation and you dont think not to look over again for the second time. ah alas alac eh. just dont make my mistake.

had this too from another user in camp phoenix. he wantet to sell me some cheap reascal parts ;)

but if u are smart enough, u never get scammed.. be carefull :wise:

Badger said:

sad story as everyone in this thread but don't make mistake with my avatar also named 2-Pac thx ;)

Badger said:

Yep this avatar was at PA a couple of days ago, I had already seen in the chat window that bitchie is a scammer by removing peds from the trade. The avatar was after ingots which i was selling, and it came to about 46.85ped... they wanted me to give them change of 47ped... like who asks for change... you just give the correct amount! And sure enough they removed the peds a second before they accepted the deal. I didnt accept, thanks to the warning, they tried it afew times then cancelled the deal and ran away. I realised that they wanted to put 47 ped in the trade as it is quicker to remove :(
Im sorry they got you Badger... it is a sneaky thing for them to do and they probably would have got me too if I hadnt seen the warning!

Another avatar using same trick

Badger said:
I fell for it too. "mazs puucinjsh miijsh" (I'm at work, I'll upload the pic of the scan I got on him later) has been pulling this in PA as well. May be same player.

Trading in PA get freaking boring. If you're doing something else (I was talking on the phone), it can be easy to miss details in the trade screen. He scammed me out of 2 axes and a Jester D-2 this way. (The really embarassing thing was that it happened in 2 different transactions and I didn't even notice it the first time. :dunce: )

I've got a series of screen caps after I goaded him into a chat with me wherein he openly admits scamming and maintaining multiple avatars. I've submitted a support case to MA on him. I'll get the screen caps of the chat up here as soon as I get home this afternoon. To cranky to do it last night though. Sorry. :)

Edit: btw- Can we get this scam added to the sticky Scam Prevention thread? I had never even heard of this particular trick before and I am an avid reader on the forums.

im a bit confused :confused: what do you mean about fake peds?

can you remove items from trade after both has clicked confirm?

Explanation

sob said:
im a bit confused :confused: what do you mean about fake peds?

can you remove items from trade after both has clicked confirm?

It's not fake PEDs. They're real. What the scammer does is to click Clear about the same time that you're clicking confirm. The PEDs disappear from the trade window and the receipt will reflect this. However, if you're tired and not paying attention, you click accept to a deal wherein you provide them with something for nothing.

Then you go kick yourself in the ass and try to laugh about it.

MA we need this LOAN SYSTEM =:/

WE NEED THE LENDING SYSTEM​
Oh damn people, I haven't posted here before, but been around for a few months, lurking the forums for general info etc - has been extremely helpful by the way. This scammer thing is really out of hand, as they themselves admit doing it and yet it seems so hard to actually get them locked/banned etc, even if proof is undeniable. I perfectly understand that MA is not in any way the police, but what they seem to disregard is the fact they should work towards a more secure environment within the game - for example the said abolishment of GSI and addition of a skill transfer terminal instead.

What I think is the best solution, and I know it has been discussed before (and some buds and I talked over how good it would be even before I read the forums) - is the lending system. I really don't see how it will compromise MA profits, yet it would be an excellent bulletproof insurance for those of us who WANT to help others and give them a gun for a spin without thinking "why am I such a dumass for trying to be nice to those who might just want help". MA is really discouraging the established players paying any kind of attention to the newcomes - because every newcomer that comes up and chats to you because you are wearing a vigi will most likely beg or attempt a scam on you, as there is no stopping this.

As someone at someone pointed out pages and pages ago, there are deeds for property and pets, so why not have a loan deed? How hard can it be to add this instead of a verbal agreement of "You can trust me as we have been friends in PE for 6 months, so I'll pay you in 2 days etc". Make a deed configurable by the seller/lender which will state the following:
  1. Item Market Value (as seller perceives it to be or verbally agreed by the two parties)
  2. Loan Duration (which can be specified by seller/lender as the maximum amount of time he is willing to part with his items until the required PED amount is provided or item is returned - if the item is not returned/paid for it should automatically re-appear in lender's inventory - loan over x)
  3. Interest % (Just in case the lender is lending with the intention of making a profit then an interest rate, as agreed, applies)
These settings of the deed can be then confirmed by the lender and subsequently studied by the borrower. If all as verbally agreed (s)he can agree upon it as well and that's final. This thus serves as the perfect insurance and equivalent of any collateral - where item is sold such deed is of no need - yet where it is borrowed the 'create loan deed' option can be used. If item isn't returned, well tough luck would-be buyer/scammer/dickhead, the rightful owner gets what's his.

How terrible can this be for MA if they actually implement this? Charge a 1% loan for the house. If I want my Camo, I will buy it eventually from the auction - just because I can borrow it from someone, doesn't mean sales stop! There is really no reason to hold people in fear for their belongings like that, with crap statements like "~well but you know in real life you would not give car keys to someone why would you here?". Because in real life I will give them to those I trust and know, and since not many RL friends play, I wanna actually have fun and be able to trust someone and since there is no way this can be reinforced by verbal agreement, what this actually does it encourages people to act oportunistically and steal steal steal once they get ahold of the coveted Shadow harness on "loan".

An enforceable loaning mechanism, where you can actually claim your item back if deal goes wrong (because you have the official loan deed with precise price you want for it and maximum time limits of you) and believe me that would likely make the SCAMMER ALERT unnecessary - those stealing GSIs will have them automatically taken back based on the loan agreement, those befreinding ubers and stealing Armours/Rifles etc will also give them back - just because the system will automatically work this way according to the loan deed. No needed collaterals etc.

That would only leave us with the pathetic ones who try and remove items upon confirm and that can be brought to people's awareness by emphasising the importance of the 2nd receipt (as it will be likely the only of the few possible scams left all attention will be directed at that receipt).

Rant over on this note and I hope MA reads this and seriously considers this, because I for one don't like feeling like I should be scared of my friend, even if he is just an online friend. Why breed this trust-no-one system, when it can all become systematic, and the likes of Da ShadowSlayer (sp?) can go f themselves. Ah would never have lost the FAP, if Explicit had it on loan, because Ah would auto-get-it-back from Tim, unless Tim presented the market value of 15,000ped to cover for the loan deed Ah still held. All these unfortunate disappoints can be avoided, so please MA, work on it.

Best of luck, and see, whoever I see, in-game.
Monstrowhale
:newbie:

Last edited:
Scammer - Angelina Angel Jeppesen

Ok, first off, i know all the stories so no need for the lectures. However, Angelina Angel Jeppesen was a member of our soc, and was introduced to us through another player with a very good rep from a very well known soc.

She asked to borrow my ep-40 merc and i didn't see a problem with it. I am very generous to soc members, and she had respect from a lot of people I had respect for and trusted.

I found out today, that she sold my gun and also scammed a Coat from DD in Sterling & Moss as well. I have screenies of me giving her the gun and her saying it would be returned. Well, from today’s news, I don't see this happening now.

So at this point, I am telling the world to watch out for Angelina Angel Jeppesen and I will offer a 10 ped reward for any pk screenie with her name on it. Please understand, I am not asking anyone to harass, threaten, cause grief or distress to her, but if you happen to get a screenie of an accidental shooting or something, I would like to see it. I know the reawrd isn't much, but I don't have much to work with.

She has been removed from DFA, and I have also filed a support case with MA regarding this matter. So please, be warned, Angelina Angel Jeppesen is not to be trusted!

Thank you for your time,
Rava Dominatus Crispus
Delta Force Academy - General

Last edited:
Reactions: Bex
Bounty ehy? :sniper:

Sorry this hapoened to you, Im not gonna lecture.. sometimes it can be really hard to understand who is scammers. Just trust your gutfeeling when your not sure. Mine usually doesnt fail me :)

well, i didn't see a reason not to trust her, she had been spoken for by people i did trust. Things have changed since. Now I'm just letting everyone else know what kind of person Angelina Angel Jeppesen is behind the avatar.

Its not a matter of the gun, or the 35ped, its a matter of her actions.

will pk for peds i'm your guy :D sad story, i feel sorry for her, she has choose the wrong life :(

DD busted to Sterling&Moss "shelf stacker"

An exclusive for you Skam :)

I fully expect to be demoted after allowing myself to be duped by the Angelina Angel Jeppesen noted in Dominatus' post.

Beware, this player uses a little subtlety: I had lent armour and the coat on brief occasions to her, each time the items were returned.

To add to my embarassment, I've sold Dominatus' ep40 AND given the scammer the peds, before being scammed myself. The support case is filed. Hopefully the player's account will be banned before Dominatus needs to pay any bounty.

In the meantime, if any of you should see a Cognac coat in Tantillion being sold rather cheaply, or being worn in suspicious circumstances, I'd be extremely grateful to get it back.

Sorry that this should be my first post in EP's excellent forums :(

Im so sad to hear this about Angel. I'd her on my FL for some time, and she always sends me nice hi-how are you type of messages when she comes online.

She has been nice, but she always ask to borrow things, if I want to buy things from her etc. Actually, some time ago (yesterday or the day before that) she sent me a message if I could come to PA and hold a coat for her. Never asked why cause I was out hunting and told her that I could not make it.
I also got kind of irritated at her for a while, cause she suddenly started acting out of control and sent me strange messages. She explained this by saying there was two people playing with her account, her sister on 15 and herself - aged 12. But since her sister had been messing around with her friendslist she would not let her play on her account anymore. :\

I dont know. I guess I agreed with myself to let it pass. I made he conclusion that if she actually only was 12 years, then I could understand her, at times, strange behavior. Also came to the conclusion that I would not trust a 12 year old with my stuff.

Im only saying this in case she has used my name as reference in game somehow. :\ I doubt it, but I just want to make it clear what kind of relationship we have.

Edit=typo

Last edited:
Why don't we just give each member 100 points. Do something untoward, and points are removed. Can work with the reputation system which is allso not implemented. Lost your points, account lost. Permanently.

PeteC said:
Why don't we just give each member 100 points. Do something untoward, and points are removed. Can work with the reputation system which is allso not implemented. Lost your points, account lost. Permanently.

Isnt that something like... the police!

Monk, your name didn't come up in conversation with Angel, but it is clear that she has a simple system to use others in her little schemes, namely in asking a second player to buy, sell or hold items for her. I'd hazard a guess that these items have been borrowed with no intention of them being returned.

Two other players have reported the "excuse" given by Angel of multiple users of the same account.

See you in game :)

for those who have been scammed by angleina angel jeppesen im sorry im sitting here reading this and it just clicked i feel so fucking bad now :( i have a disciple called Mr No Mercy andersen who a while ago met this angel irl and i remember him meeting her and she let him use her account as she dosnt play PE anymore to my knowledge i havent seen him for a while as i got sick of his constant asking for stuff ( i already provide my disciples with basics) he asked if i could buy this coat i looked at it and as im very good friends DD i rekonized it but i didnt know she had been scammed till iread this post now. i asked where he got it from and he said he 'found' it DD was not online and i have problems IRL so hav not been online much latley to ask so imm warning you now to watch out for MR NO MERCY ANDERSEN as i now think he is behind it. i will support to MA about this now and see i am so sorry for this if i knew earlier maybe i could have done something :( short of giving the bastard a talking to online if i catch him i dont think there is much hope im so sorry i feel as if i fucked up here

Last edited:
Don't beat yourself up Numptey. My own stupid fault. But thanks for your actions and those of Rava too.

Hopefully we'll see the end of these two avatars if MA can help us along the way.

Perhaps we could arrange for Mr Souness ( :mad: ) to have a chat with your ex-disciple? :tongue2:

Dalharil said:
Don't beat yourself up Numptey. My own stupid fault. But thanks for your actions and those of Rava too.

Hopefully we'll see the end of these two avatars if MA can help us along the way.

Perhaps we could arrange for Mr Souness ( :mad: ) to have a chat with your ex-disciple? :tongue2:

:laugh: Mr souness lol he is another scammer they will just trade notes ect :dunce:

but yes he is now ex disciple and support sent whether anything will happen i will wait and see and let you know what they reply with.

Saw both Dau Gata and Jeppesen in twin tonight. Dau gata was actually in the process of scamming someone for a GSI again. Ruined it for her though :D

Var

I really don't expect to see this ava online again, as i'm sure he's long since transferred the spoils to whatever other ava he uses, but Var Vartek (can't recall first name ATM) was briefly a member of our soc and disciple of a socmate. He borrowed peds from several members with some plausible but contradictory stories. I know lending anyone anything in this game is just a bad idea, but i just wanted to help out a soc and accepted the (what i considered) small possibility that he wasn't sincere.

I feel really bad for other socmates who lent more with promises of interest. Var got away with at least 600 peds total, and the saddest part was that when he logged in when the story was getting more and more thin, and was confronted by a fellow disciple, he said he was hired by someone to screw over our soc. :(

Well, that's just despicable at so many levels i get sick writing about it. Drow has a policy of respect and non-PK and is full of great people, and there's 0.0001% chance it has done anything to anyone to justify that kind of behavior. I wouldn't wish that kind of inside betrayal on my worst enemy.

Meanwhile as he's confessing this he's PMing me promising me some incredible interest if i will lend him more, forgetting completely how much i already lent and that i wasn't interested in some get-rich-quick transaction the first time.

So a little bit sadder and a little bit wiser: i'm sickened by the whole thing, and just want people to be aware that there are less evolved forms of life occupying avatars in this game.

Status
Back