Scammer or Investor?

Do you think this guy is a Scammer, Investor, or dont know?

• Scammer

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Investor

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 22 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
this was posted on my soc forum mabey it was posted here and deleted but i wanted your opionions as i have locked the thread on my forum because i dont belive it matches the views of my soc and my allies.

Burelli Investments

Hi there,
Do you have funds sitting idle in your card? Or perhaps you are taking a period of time away from PE. Well why not put your PED to work for YOU?
Burelli Investments has been providing significant returns to several societies for over a month now and offers a gauranteed yield profit to all investors. This service is now available to the public as I am now capable of taking a large number of new clients without risk.

So how does it work and how can I gaurantee a profit?
As an economics student (IRL) I quickly became interested in the PE market as it is an interesting scale model of a real stock market. Using the large pool of funds provided by my clients I can influence the market and take advantage this influence. The more funds I have at my disposal, the larger the impact. I do not charge a fee as I profit from this in the same way as my clients as I have my PED invested also.

Since I began trading I have accumulated a reserve of funds large enough to cover any potential loss in the unlikely event that I fail to generate a profit for my clients. This means that I can offer a gauranteed minimum return and the worst were to happen I can afford to repay every client at least the minimum. This also means I have a limit to the amount of clients I can take as well as a maximum investment cap (details below).

Of course trust is still a major issue, especialy with recent events, as such I am willing to provide a list of references. While many of my larger clients wish to remain anonymous quite a few people who have recieved returns have agreed to discuss their experience with any potential new clients.
I want my clients to be as comfortable as possible with their investment. As such I encourage new investors to begin with the trial investment option which allows them to 'test the water' and build trust.

Current options are as follows:*

Trial investment:
5 - 10PED Invested over 48 hours currently yields 150-210% of initial sum.
So an investment of 10 PED will return a guaranteed minimum of 15 PED after 48 hours. (However at the current market climate it is more likely to yield 18-20 PED)

Other investment options:*
48 Hour Short Term (2 days)
5-10 PED - 150% yield guaranteed. Average return at this time: 185%
11-50 PED -170% yield guaranteed. Average return at this time: 205%
51-100 PED - 175% yield guaranteed. Average return at this time: 215%
101-500 PED - Not available***

120 Hour Medium Term (5 days)
5-10 PED - 175% yield guaranteed. Average return at this time: 190%
11-50 PED - 180% yield guaranteed. Average return at this time: 220%
51-100 PED - 210% yield guaranteed. Average return at this time: 245%
101-500 PED - 235% yield guaranteed. Average return at this time: 270%

336 Hour Long Term (14 days)
5-10 PED - Not available***
11-50 PED - 240% yield guaranteed. Average return at this time: 265%
51-100 PED - 275% yield guaranteed. Average return at this time: 310%
101-500 PED - 300% yield guaranteed. Average return at this time: 340%

* Figures above are as of 11/02/2005 and reflect current market activity. Figures are subject to change without notice (this will not effect inevstments in progress) and all changes will be posted in this thread.

** Different investment packages are invested in different ways, this is why the figures sometimes will sometimes appear erratic when compared with other packages.

*** Please note the maximum investment is currently 500 PED as I cannot afford to cover higher investments from too many investors simulataneously. There is a 5 PED minimum as anything smaller becomes too difficult to work with. The 101-500 category is not available to short term investments, nor is the 5-10 category available for long term.

How do I begin?
Investing is easy! Simply contact me by MSN (details below) or in game between 8 and 12PM PE time, 7 days a week, to discuss the options or make a deposit. You can withdraw your funds or change your investment package at any time. When your investment matures you will be notified immidiately and will have the option of withdrawing or reinvesting.

Contact me today to find out more or if you wish to talk to any of my references!

Yours sincerely,

Scharel Burelli
Burelli Investment Agency
http://Investments.000k3.com
(MSN / Email) BurelliInvestments@hotmail.com

He could be legit to me investors can only be resellers and i don't like resellers. But i'm not like completly agaist him either. I dont think he should be banned from PE. He's just playing a investor role. What do you guys think?

I read this on EP a few weeks ago.
It actually sounds viable. It's just odd to see it b/c no1 has thought of it previously ;)

Well, there are alot of different minds around.
And why shouldnt someone have an interest for making money sitting on his ass.
Lots of people do this IRL, so why not in a game.
Allthough its easier to be scammed in a game, and you have no laws protecting you.

I think Im gonna try this....
Not with 2.000peds ofcourse. but a few hundred. Ive been scammed before, so whats 200 extra peds loss... nothing really.

rstock said:
Well, there are alot of different minds around.
And why shouldnt someone have an interest for making money sitting on his ass.
Lots of people do this IRL, so why not in a game.
Allthough its easier to be scammed in a game, and you have no laws protecting you.

Not with 2.000peds ofcourse. but a few hundred. Ive been scammed before, so whats 200 extra peds loss... nothing really.

actually I dont like this idea.
first off this makes a person strong enough to control prices and therefor have monopoly on 1 or more area ingame.

he can push up prices or lower them as it fits his needs ot make money.
this might just as be 1 example abut the mindessence prices.. wouldnt surprise me if he is somewhat behind this :p

nevertheless monopoly is never good, and letting a person have this kinda control is dangerous.. 1s he has enough profit made from this he would aswell be unstoppable even on his own

this market/game aint big enough for a investor like this, it might be usefull if market big enough for several investors making the balance in competition between investors.. now if u have 1 he might be strong enough to push out others trying to sell/trade/resell/invest.. in rl u have laws that control monopoly and also sometimes goverment can go in and steer up prices if they get out of hand.

Last edited:
It seems legit. Maybe you could do some research and try to track down some of his references.

DD
:evilking:

hmmm at least sounds interesting, i don't know how this or possibly a few investment agencies could make the games economy unstable :S

rstock said:

Hope it works out.. I'd hate to see you scammed. :( Keep us informed.

Lets see...

He claims that he has money to pay back even if he fails. He claims he has been profiting.

So here's the question: why does he need your 10-500 peds? I mean surely if he can guarantee multiple clients he has thousands of peds already. Instead of getting some clients he could just keep making money for himself...

Example:

He gets 20 clients each investing 100 peds: He promises he has 2k peds to back up investments and that he pays back 4k peds in 2 days!

If he has that back up money, why doesnt he use it to invest for himself and keep all that 4k himself?

He would have 4k peds after two days. 8k peds after 4, 16k peds after 6 days, 32k peds after 8, 64k peds after 10 days.... in end of the months 64k peds.

Ok.. he has been doing this for some time so surely he has at least 1000k peds now? Riiiight.

If hes not a scammer right away, this is most likely based on assumption made on much smaller scale trading like "I invested 2 peds and I got 4.5 peds back".

Last edited:
And being a econ student he would surely know of this ;)

Good work Kit.

DD

ZarathustrA said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

This is what it sounds like.
An "anonymous source" linked me to this but we were discussing PE itself at the time. Don't hurt me Marco. :)

Yup. Most likely he is a scammer and hopes to have ever increasing amount of customer (or just short time profit).

Anything that promises to double or triple your money in short time is really suspicious. Such geometrical increases in wealth would mean that he wouldnt need investors. I mean he deposits $1000 today to get 10k peds and he could withdraw $60000 in end of the month.

Why the heck he needs any investors if it works? :)

Last edited:
Not my work, hehe, I just learned about it a few hours ago. A very interesting scheme indeed. Tricky bastards. :confused:

SCAMMER! :wise: . why would he want our money if he got enough no pay us back :confused: IF hes not a scammer.. and he DOES give enormous profit all the time :p then id gladly give this guy 10k and wait a few months and then ... WOW! .. lol

Yea if you have enough money to be self sufficient, and make money trading on your own, there is no reason for investors.

Sounds fishy to me :trout:

Ehehe "It has been suggested that some state pension systems, such as the U.S. Social Security system and the U.K. State pension systems are actually large-scale Ponzi schemes. Under these systems, incoming payments (taxes or other kinds of non-voluntary contributions) are not saved or invested to pay for future benefits. Instead, the taxes (perhaps with some general government revenues) are used to pay for current benefits." Put in the Swedish pension system there too. By the end of 2020 all the money will be gone. :p

Dash, it's not a pyramid scheme :rolleyes:

DD

I know someone who tried it with 50 ped and got 89 ped back. Tho he cal always scam the second time he puts in money...

So to be sure that you cant be scammed you put in say, 50 ped and get back 85, then you have earned 35 peds. Next time you put in 35 peds etc. and maybe earn 15 ped. Then you can put in 50 ped again and so on.

Never put in more then you have earned from it and you wont loose if he doesnt scam you the first time then offcourse.

Last edited:
Surely it can work, it can work for a very long time. However, it is illegal and he could be banned at anytime. Also, at anytime he could jump ship. See, he is floating the money you give to him to someone else.

On another train of thought, just becvause it works is not a reason to do it. Morals and ethics enter in here. Just because you put in only what you make does not mean one of your good friends is not being suckered into putting in 5000. Now, when the sceme goes bust and you end up making 2000 off of the deal what do you tell your friend?

Just some food for thought. Please do not take me personally :)

DD

i realy realy wish Marco would comment on what MA's postion on this is.

silverbane said:
Ehehe "It has been suggested that some state pension systems, such as the U.S. Social Security system and the U.K. State pension systems are actually large-scale Ponzi schemes. Under these systems, incoming payments (taxes or other kinds of non-voluntary contributions) are not saved or invested to pay for future benefits. Instead, the taxes (perhaps with some general government revenues) are used to pay for current benefits." Put in the Swedish pension system there too. By the end of 2020 all the money will be gone. :p

OK that's a very good point. I was thinking that initially myself after I first heard about this a few weeks ago... btw this is the case with the US Social Security (pension) funds ;) So, it really could work.
Now, if MA comes out against it for various reasons, then fine.
And, as Devil Doll suggested, the guy could jump ship at any time with ppl's money....
Others have posted on this that they have indeed invested with the guy and it worked... but this could be attributed to the early investor gains in the Ponzi Scheme that Kit pointed out.

LOL this guy is so obvious !!If he would writte on the background of his website in bold letters I'm gonna scam you !! it wouldn't be more obvious than this !!
Alright , so , let's take this one at a time :wise:

First of all the % are TOO BIG and the time is just too damn small , this is the biggest clue you can get ! Just think about PE market and it's potential to give such % .

Now , let's say he would be able to give this % , to give all he promises ...how long do you think he should be online in PE watching the auctions and go from town to town investing in items? 15h? 20h ? shit I'd think 24/7 lol !!
Not to mention the fact that he has to meet with his clients at diffrent hours, people come late , ctds , trade screen blocks ...this takes huge amount of time syncronizing with everyone from all over the world JUST for taking and giving the investments to people ...now please notice how much he says he will be ingame !4h ?? HELLOOOOOOOO ?? How the heck is he gonna have time to find stuff to invest in , meet with clients and the hole shabang :rolleyes:

The references he gives on his website :

The following people have agreed to provide verbal reference for the legitimacy and quality of my service:. Mageivha Nathan Osira Kofi Accolade Henx Yowen Swede Wisty Tinker Princess Balthazar BD Vyad Noggin Yowen Phaser Palinore Extremist Lord Lightbringer Kofi Tania Baethan Fatman Thadster Pradege Mishura Desante Spartan Shallo lllars Big Bessie Lord Rahl Abram Ember Char Alvero Mike Justice TheApparition

Who heared of this people ? He doesn't even give full names , only the nick, even if the nick he gives sounds familiar when you meet with this references ...scan them !! see their atributes lol

This was tried in my country several years ago with "great succes". It was suposed to be a bank giving better interest on deposits.But the people making promises such as theese were just a lil bit smarter than BURELLI investments, they gave smaller % and in a longer perioud of time like 1-3-6-12 months , it was still obvious but off course people took the bait.At first all went good , people made trials of 1-3 months, noticed how well the return was ,word spred, and put more and more in ....greed ;)More people gained trust and invested and when the money got really big they all left the country.
This is what's gonna happen here also but in shorter perioud of time because of the big % he promises .
This guy is just a lil above the usual scammer "I'll repair your items for free".
He probably made half of those avatars he gives referal names , the other half are decent people who made some trial runs and who are gonna simply say they got their money back and are happy about it and invest again ;)

Ah I saw this post very early , I wrotte the reply and than my internet died before I hit submit.I didn't know how it was called but this Ponzi definetly sound like what those people did in my country.

Mr Claude said:
LOL this guy is so obvious !!If he would writte on the background of his website in bold letters I'm gonna scam you !! it wouldn't be more obvious than this !!
Alright , so , let's take this one at a time :wise:

First of all the % are TOO BIG and the time is just too damn small , this is the biggest clue you can get ! Just think about PE market and it's potential to give such % .

Now , let's say he would be able to give this % , to give all he promises ...how long do you think he should be online in PE watching the auctions and go from town to town investing in items? 15h? 20h ? shit I'd think 24/7 lol !!
Not to mention the fact that he has to meet with his clients at diffrent hours, people come late , ctds , trade screen blocks ...this takes huge amount of time syncronizing with everyone from all over the world JUST for taking and giving the investments to people ...now please notice how much he says he will be ingame !4h ?? HELLOOOOOOOO ?? How the heck is he gonna have time to find stuff to invest in , meet with clients and the hole shabang :rolleyes:

The references he gives on his website :

Who heared of this people ? He doesn't even give full names , only the nick, even if the nick he gives sounds familiar when you meet with this references ...scan them !! see their atributes lol

This was tried in my country several years ago with "great succes". It was suposed to be a bank giving better interest on deposits.But the people making promises such as theese were just a lil bit smarter than BURELLI investments, they gave smaller % and in a longer perioud of time like 1-3-6-12 months , it was still obvious but off course people took the bait.At first all went good , people made trials of 1-3 months, noticed how well the return was ,word spred, and put more and more in ....greed ;)More people gained trust and invested and when the money got really big they all left the country.
This is what's gonna happen here also but in shorter perioud of time because of the big % he promises .
This guy is just a lil above the usual scammer "I'll repair your items for free".
He probably made half of those avatars he gives referal names , the other half are decent people who made some trial runs and who are gonna simply say they got their money back and are happy about it and invest again ;)

I havent seen or heard of any of these ppl..

MR claude, you are so right.

though those ppl are NOT fake

Nathan Osira <--- << a good in-game friend of mine, and he is totally real :)

I've seen Lord Lightbringer before... but that isn't the point. This scam can have good results for some because the're being paid with others stolen money.
As was said.. yes you could probably make a few ped before this guy leaves but you wouldn't be any better than the scammer - that is if you entered in knowing it was a scam and where your extra ped was coming from.

ZarathustrA said:
This scam can have good results for some because the're being paid with others stolen money.

No it can't ! Sure you're gonna make some peds BUT , when the guy splits and the players that got scammed report him ...guess what ? All acounts that delt with the scammer get automaticly locked for MA to investigate , the more people involved , the more time it will take to sort things out so you're gonna be forced to wait for the hole thing to clear while you're avatar is locked . Now, I don't know about you , but not beeing able to play PE when I want is pure torture for me !For a few lousy peds it's just not worth the agravation even if you prove to MA you didn't know about the scam . :wise:

Very true that that could happen but assuming it doesn't or even if it is the same scam but not PE related is what I am talking about.

nice discussion guys.

I just wanted fuel some more flame by adding that Burelli Investment Agency's website is hosted by a free website hosting company - www.000k3.com. So if he was going to be really legit, and just pay his $7 hosting fee for a real hosting company, I would have believed this guy. But with a free hosting site, he will certainly bail whe he gets huge loot from the greedy people.... just my 2 cents

All good posts all around. ATM I think it's difficult to say if it's a scam or legit. Even so, if any1 perceives a threat of a possible scam i assume they will not invest with him. On the other hand, some ppl like those he claims on his website might do well with a profit.
And the ppl listed are for the most part ones that I see in game often enough... they don't appear fake.
And as for the time he spends in game a day.... his avatar MIGHT be on 24/7 combing auctions and doing transacations... let's not forget the infamous "Lady" was always attributed to three gentlemen in Europe b4 it was sold the last time. There are multiple avatars that have more than one person behind them ;)

Status
Back