Scammer "pilot"

serialkillah

Alpha
Society
Gues Who
Well not so much to tell. I searching pilot in twin. then this guy come up and i take seat. ok we got 3 passanger when we go in hangar.
Just when we arrived in hangar he start to want moneys for flying.
First he took those 2 guys money (i rebooted in same time) so i was last.
he was start to dealing with me and here is the result.
first i thinking that was just guy who looking passanger for real pilot. but no it was scammer :/
damn i should notice that earlier and warn those guys.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

In this point he start to running away. i start running too and get scanned him in outside of hangar.

Here is last shot what show where that happen

Last edited:
He made a thread here a while back, maybe a week or two lol, about how MA was such a rip off, and how it was a big scam. The thread got deleted however, and so did his account.

What a dick...

Hmm that stinks :(

A future note may be to check the estate deed, see if it matches the pilot.

Edit: Also note the ED sig...do not trade with avatars with little/no clothing!

Last edited:
Dom_sufc said:
He made a thread here a while back, maybe a week or two lol, about how MA was such a rip off, and how it was a big scam.

And often seems to be the case they think 'wtf, I might as well steal what I can and then cash out'... :rolleyes:

Always scary to think what they are like IRL these 'people' :(

Just a note to all who fly.

NEVER pay your ticket fee until you are inside the ship. Most REAL pilots won't even ask you for money until you are onboard.

Unless MA even implements a way to make flying "risk-free" by setting up terminals to arrange your flights from, you must take precautions to avoid getting screwed.

Never fly with a pilot that doesn't have a reputation established. Never pay for your ticket before you are on the ship. Never be afraid to call a scammer on their game and post in these forums.

Thanks for the info and good job on protecting yourself by being aware of things that just didn't seem right!

I feel awful that such a dick used the name of one of my favourite bands ... SigurRos. :(

Photon said:
I feel awful that such a dick used the name of one of my favourite bands ... SigurRos. :(

Yeah what a weiner, imagine being such a loser to try and scam people for 2.5$, jeez, all that comes to mind is saying weiner to them repeatidly - but each time saying it a little slower and longer. :D

Never never never give the money to anyone other than the hanger owner. Strictly speaking however, you should not hand over the money until the owner has added you to the ship. But that never happens.

As a previous hangar owner i can say probably one of the FIRST things to look for is, Can the pilot get on the ship?

If NOTHING ELSE ask him to get on the ship first. I did this to add people, as you have to be seated in the pilots seat to add guests and also show that i had access and it was mine.

I know i have a BIT of a decent reputation in PE so i was only questioned once about if it was really mine, and this is exactly what they asked. "Let me see you get on board."

I know this is not fool proof, because if they recently flew on that ship chances are they will have guest access to the ship.

But if they cant even get on thier own ship... ITS NOT THIERS.

Suicide

I confirm - this guy on topicstarter's pics tryed to scamm me and 3 more ppl yerstoday earlly morning. 8.10.2006

Send your supports to MA is all I can say. This guy is taking the piss with this trick and thus should be banned promptly.

Jefferey Emenim Tony is pulling this scam in Twin now as well... this type of scam has alot of newer players real confused who to believe ... and who is a real pilot... it stinks

I was going to post about this last night.

Had a pm off a friend who said that this guy was saying he was flying for me (Jack The Creature Russel) from my hanger at TI north #11.

This guy is a scammer - i have never and will never give my Deed to another person for them to fly my ship, which is what he was telling people. Just sorry this stupid ass used my hanger as well as others :(

Sorry to all this ******* has scammed

May I suggest that if anyone happens to be in towns and sees this type of scam going on, simply take a moment or two and post in all cap in global chat, "(name here) is not a real pilot. Do not get scammed by (name here)"

I have personally found this type of deterent to be quite useful at times. It gets the word out quickly and often the scammer will just quietly leave the area and try to come back later.

Sad to say that i'm one of the idiots who got scammed by this dude. Got a pic here that i'll send to MA (although i'm not sure how helpful it is, it just shows the chat messages of us realising we got scammed and him saying something about how he 'burned' us).

Also, some great tips from ppl here about how to prevent such a thing happneing again and very happy to see the scammer is banned from ef (and fingers crossed he will be banned from EU too).

MJ

Did that idiot really use the excuse "from Russia" as an explanation for why he scammed you?

I have a lot of friends in Russia since I have worked in international shipping and trade for years before getting into IT. I think it is sad that this guy would soil the name of his country and his fellow Russians by even having mentioned it in an attempt to justify his actions.

Michael "MJ" said:
Sad to say that i'm one of the idiots who got scammed by this dude. Got a pic here that i'll send to MA (although i'm not sure how helpful it is, it just shows the chat messages of us realising we got scammed and him saying something about how he 'burned' us).

Also, some great tips from ppl here about how to prevent such a thing happneing again and very happy to see the scammer is banned from ef (and fingers crossed he will be banned from EU too).

MJ

Gratz mate ;)

Michael "MJ" said:
Sad to say that i'm one of the idiots who got scammed by this dude.

I don't think its sad. I havent flown much so I think I would of trusted him to till that point of paying 25ped. If 25ped is the worst scam you've been in you can call yourself lucky. But to be safe i'd prefer pilots I know of or that friends have flown with.

pilot scamming

PLZ watch out for fake pilots.
Four of us got scammed by "Konstantin SigurRos" who claimed he was a pilot and fly for Jack the creature Russel.
He took us to Jack´s dock and we did the misstake to not paying him onboard the ship. Yes i know that this is standard, but still have beeing traveling up & down a lot this days i never this would happend...
We who got scammed where: Me " Tony DoLittle Benelli" (where did I got that name from????) "s2k" "Bartez" and (sorry if i didnt get your name correct) "ChronShadow"
I told Jack the a scamm took place in his hanagar.
PLZ
IF ANY one now this scammer plz let me now, i dont like idiots and really even i cant do something about this, more then trying to do his/hers life misurble (does that spell like that?) on PE.

SRY for my bad writing ;)

the correct spelling is "miserable".
and i am sorry for your guys' loss.

Can pilots lock their hangers after each flight so on one else can get in ?

Don't newcomers get helpies when they first start playing? The '?' they click on the HUD which pop up a window saying 'this is a creature, run for it' and similar game info?

If so, I hope this does or will include an angel on the shoulder - which cannot be easily ignored by the player who may think he / she knows the content.

Flagged when the person puts armour into the trade window

'Remember...it is not possible to upgrade armour in EU, beware of the following; 1. The avatar claims they need your armour before they can improve it...' etc

Flagged when the person enters a hangar

'Check the name of the pilot before you pay for a flight' etc

I think stuff like this should be present for a number of encounters, giving them fair chance to get the message :wise:

Last edited:
I have to make a statement about scammer origin. I am russian, and also 100+ ppl of my society. We are biggest one and have relations with allmost all Russian speacking peeps in the game.

And I state, nobody of us never had any contacts nor heared ever this name. Also I told I've been scammed by this guy, and I didnt felt any accent or behavior I could guess he is Russian.

So I think meaning Mother Russia is just a playing with stereotype.

Yes thanks for letting me know via pm the other day about this - im sorry that this guy used my hanger to do it.

I have filed a support and so ill go have a look now to see if i have had reply.

Cheers

C

Creature said:
Yes thanks for letting me know via pm the other day about this - im sorry that this guy used my hanger to do it.

I have filed a support and so ill go have a look now to see if i have had reply.

Cheers

C

It's easy, make the hanger private until it's in use? Unless there is some technicality here of course.

AkiranBlade said:
It's easy, make the hanger private until it's in use? Unless there is some technicality here of course.

I would be a pain, not hard to do, just hard to remember to do.. but unfortunantly it looks like that is what its coming down to..

Suicide

Zomg

Damn n00bz using the TrouT-Airways hangar for their H4xx3z

Maybe I'ts time for me to get a guard baboon

05-13m.jpg

Back