Scipulor question

rmkirk

Provider
Society
Apocalyptic
RyaN RyRy KirK
I would like to start the Scipulor iron mission. I'm level 31 Evader and level 54 BLP Pistoleer. According to Entropedia I shouldn't have too many problems with small scips. However, I read a post a few months ago that suggested small scips hit harder than large ones, or that they may have different damage types than suggested on Entropedia. So my question is do I have the appropriate evader level to hunt them efficiently? If so, what gear would you recommend? Thanks in advance.

I would like to start the Scipulor iron mission. I'm level 31 Evader and level 54 BLP Pistoleer. According to Entropedia I shouldn't have too many problems with small scips. However, I read a post a few months ago that suggested small scips hit harder than large ones, or that they may have different damage types than suggested on Entropedia. So my question is do I have the appropriate evader level to hunt them efficiently? If so, what gear would you recommend? Thanks in advance.

adj fap, and do naked.... but the evader Level might be a bit too low to do that.

You will read things from lots of players and 90% of it is useless to you.

I do this, attack a mob (in your case a scip) if its young and i survive pretty well i then move up a maturity if i survive that ok i move up and up till i get clobbered then move down one, you will soon get a feel for the maturities you need to keep at a distance.

Every now and then you may want a bit of fun and buy a big L gun and some nice L armour so you can hunt above your skills, it keeps the boredom away on those long missions, then you go back to your usual hunting style/gear for the grinding.

If you are healing to often then move down a maturity or get better stuff. One thing i did stick to was somehting i was told as a new player "you get skills if your healing but not if your armour is taking all the decay" so you just have to find that nice ratio for your avatar, it's tricky but the reward is when you finally kill that stalker who has been tormenting your life for a while :)

Hope it helped, i play for fun not so much eco though, so that's another part all together that an eco player may be able to help with.

goodluck with the scips i remember the first time i hunted them solo it was serious fun and a challenge.

Gosh Butch he's asking if scip young is too hard for him. Nowhere to "move down a maturity".

Well it's doable ofc, you can kill em allright but with lvl 31 evader you won't like the armor decay bill.
If that's ok with u, then by all means go for it - you'll get the reward + twice as much evade while doing the mission.

Few comments from my side:

1st - All maturities have the same damage types, bigger the maturity, harder it hit.

2nd - Either you have a range weapon and take most HP out before they reach you, or just get fapper and hunt them naked. If you are going to shoot with BLP pistols, just hire Imp fap for 50 peds hour, it will still be less then armor + fap decay otherwise.

3rd - If you are going to hunt them solo , keep walking backwards. They hit less.

4th - Forget about Medusa LA if you are not stupid, and hunt them W from Oshiri. W from the LA are small maturities, N from that LA are big maturities.

Gosh Butch he's asking if scip young is too hard for him. Nowhere to "move down a maturity".

Well it's doable ofc, you can kill em allright but with lvl 31 evader you won't like the armor decay bill.
If that's ok with u, then by all means go for it - you'll get the reward + twice as much evade while doing the mission.

Very clever advice!

If you are so knowledgeable, would you mind sharing with us what evader level is appropriate to hunt them ? :D

with lvl 40+ evader you will evade most of the hits from young and mature
with lvl 50 you will evade most hits from provider/guardian

with lvl 40+ evader you will evade most of the hits from young and mature
with lvl 50 you will evade most hits from provider/guardian

I just wanted Fifth to respond, you spoiled the fun! >D

Cant really advice unless i know what gun you will be using, lvl 54 blp just tells us what you can use, not what you have at hand.

ASI TEN + dante would give you cheap kills with decent speed.

If evade is a problem speed becomes more important.

Thanks for all the advice....I mainly use a Project Zero-Four and Spirit III. I'm not the most eco-friendly hunter but I don't like to take five minutes killing a creature because I'm fapping constantly. This thread has encouraged me to at least try them out!

Thanks for all the advice....I mainly use a Project Zero-Four and Spirit III. I'm not the most eco-friendly hunter but I don't like to take five minutes killing a creature because I'm fapping constantly. This thread has encouraged me to at least try them out!

I have done small scrips at your levels, and it was frustrating without a healer. A Vivo T10 / Hedoc SK-20 (can be L :p) healer makes it much better. Depends on your armor of course too.

If you are so knowledgeable, would you mind sharing with us what evader level is appropriate to hunt them ? :D
Duh?
If i say something wrong be so kind and correct me.
If you have nothing to say then don't say it.

I'm @ lvl 48 and haven't finished 5k mission, 'cause:
First, i'm in no hurry - there's other missions that interest me more atm.
Also, i think it gets even more eco for me after lvl 50.

Very clever advice!
Thank you. :p

edit:
What's the worst that can happen... you die... you revive, go for it.
Well yea, that's also a good way. Reminds me one old story.
When Thief, one of my best online friends, was only a few months old noob he was once sitting in the internet cafe together with an old PE player.
Thief runs into a mob he never seen before, called "Falxangius" (they were small and furry back then).
So, he asks the old player - "Hey, should i shoot this thing?"
- "Sure, go kill it."

There's a big truth in this attitude. If u smart the game will teach you by itself, if not u doomed anyway... :)

Last edited:
I am right about your level as well in blp and evader. I use spectre (L) and 100 dps rifle with range.

The armor gets at most a hit or two maybe per mob, So I just fap while I loot if I need to and shoot on.

(L) armor lasts a very long time. There are alot of options out there to get similar protection for scips. My overall armor and fap costs are far better than 50 ped an hour hiring someone. (though range on the rifle is probably the biggest factor for that justification in my case)

I never have a problem figuring the value of armor, its always good enough to never worry about....unless its UL.

One thing about the idea of no armor is that while you will fap more and get more skills in theory, the truth is that the skills get weighted to a very small degree with decay, so you may end up with a higher modified skill gain with armor. I believe this changed when the skill rates changed.

Also, The skills that get boosted most with no armor is medic,and evade. But on the rate per hour, you will be doing alot more medic than you are doing damage, so you lost valued skill gains(+more of them) in essence where it applies to weapons.

L60blp and L59shortblades so I probably have a little more evade and HP, but I have been hunting them alot lately without much issue even using melee.

I started with jarhead and managed but had to stay on my toes, so was using stealth untill was able to borrow some Angel. Now I can hunt them melee while watching tv and seldom die anymore even distracted.

I am guessing that using ranged instead of melee will make up for the difference in HP and evade, and you should be ok as long as you stay one your toes and keep to one at a time.

When more than one are on me at a time I use Regen X chip, the rest of the time I just use adapted T15 between fights. So my only real caution would be if you dont have a 'combat fap' that you are real careful to tag one at a time and stay out of agro as much as possible.

gl :)

narfi

I was/am just at the Scips. And something is deffinetly wrong with their dmg types/attacks. A Young is much harder then a mature now, even tho it has less hp and is supposed to be a lower lvl mob.

Before i had no problem taking them with viceroy+5b, but evader dont help much now it seems they are hitting real fast. I can do them but i dont like fapping, and they are not missing many hits now.

Have MA give any info on why they have changed them so much? if not why havent they told us lol.

I had a problem like that with Scips.

I can do Stalker with the DKoA set and 8A and get hits from 1hp to 15hp, but the youngs were hitting 20 to 40 hp:eyecrazy:
So the young hit harder than a Stalker for me

I didnt do tests to see if damage types were different or if it was bugged. I just moved to the bigger ones.

Definitely something wrong with the youngs at Medusa

Last edited:

I can do Stalker with the DKoA set and 8A and get hits from 1hp to 15hp, but the youngs were hitting 20 to 40 hp:eyecrazy:

I didnt do tests to see if damage types were different or if it was bugged. I just moved to the bigger ones.

is there a spawn of mature-providor somewhere? would be nice to test youngs vs slightly higher, and if youngs are truely harder, then we could probably get Akoz to bump up the maturity a little.
I prefer HP over dmg anyday :)

is there a spawn of mature-providor somewhere? would be nice to test youngs vs slightly higher, and if youngs are truely harder, then we could probably get Akoz to bump up the maturity a little.
I prefer HP over dmg anyday :)

The west from Oshiri are young - occasional guard/ domi.. But rather young/mat/old/provi

Ye almost same for me they were hitting usually 40-60 on me with viceroy 5b. :scratch2:

So I tried a few youngs...I can kill them one at a time with fapping. They almost never miss and I take about 30 damage each hit. I can kill an Atrox OA with a lot less effort in Ghost + 5B. Plus, if I have an OA and a few smaller ones on me at the same time, it's like killing one Scip. It leads me to believe that the damage type is different than C/S/I. May be wrong but that was my experience this morning. It would be interesting if someone could verify the young attack types. Maybe they are more like Rextelums with the tail doing a different attack type.

Just figured I would give an update...I have a set of Perseus armor for when I get bored and want to hunt above my level. If I put 2E (L) plates on, I can hunt up to Proteron Old with little fapping. If I put 5Bs on, I can hunt up to Atrox Stalker without much problems (except the occasional critical hit). I can also hunt up to Araneatrox Old, having several on me. I've hunted up to Plongu Prowler but had to stay on my toes for those. The same set up for Scip Youngs still does about 15-20 damage with 50-60 damage occurring regularly. So I'll wait to hunt Scips for now...maybe 35-40 professional standing in Evader.

Back