Scouting mission(s) and vehicles

BlueEyes

Elite
Society
NBK Rangers
Paul Blue Eyes Melua
Hi, I dont have a vehicle yet and already done all Iron Challenge scouting missions.... but are they now really easy when you have a vehicle?

Who got one and is going to try.?Please report :wtg:

Last edited:
Hi, I dont have a vehicle yet and already done all Iron Challenge scouting missions.... but are they now really easy when you have a vehicle?

Who got one and is going to try.?Please report :wtg:

Allready done them but I would say a vehicle would be very useless since the scouting missions are full of mobs!

Allready done them but I would say a vehicle would be very useless since the scouting missions are full of mobs!

But a car is a lot faster than the mobs. The argo scout is pretty dense, but all others when I done them were not so dense.
And you can lure mobs away from the waypoints too. So I dont think a car is useless at all.

But a car is a lot faster than the mobs. The argo scout is pretty dense, but all others when I done them were not so dense.
And you can lure mobs away from the waypoints too. So I dont think a car is useless at all.

Sure, but it would be difficult to navigate the terrain, especially in places like the craters with fog for the argo scout. You actually have to get within aggro range of the mobs to get the waypoint down, so your car will definitely some hits.
Now I suddenly feel like making an Argo train.

The Molisk scouting mission would be significantly easier (and funner). Most scout missions only had mobs between one set of waypoints, and it would be a lot easier to outmaneuvre spiders

Who got one and is going to try.?Please report

I did the argo scouting mission. It sure was a F*CKING pain in the ass.. ahd to walk mostely because of too many argos and to many uphills :mad: Lucky MA they gave me a global for the effort lol :)

I used it for the new salvage mission and works nicely, had to get out of the car to inspect crates but to hit check points you just drive through :)

So it works quite nicely for most scouting missions.
The argo is probably the hardest because of the amount of mobs present.
Other seem to be easier with a car as far as I can tell.

Nice to know.

So it works quite nicely for most scouting missions.
The argo is probably the hardest because of the amount of mobs present.
Other seem to be easier with a car as far as I can tell.

Nice to know.

Correction: we need boats for the RipperSnapper Iron Challenge scouting mission of Darren Lars. :D

I've now tried the idea myself, helping a socmate getting to one of the waypoints of the Atrox scout mission. Boy of boy.

It's not so easy at some waypoints, those Atrox Stalker run fast. Not so fast as you can drive, but when you are in rocky/hilly terrain you cant make enough speed too loose the mob on your tail. A tactic is to drive into the water and drown the mob. But outdrive a fast mob is pretty tough when the area is not flat.

Paul

Using a vehicle turned the spider scout mission from a real pain to real fun once I learned just how much faster the Valkyrie is than a spider. Though it is a bit challenging to drive right over the waypoint w/o having to slow down, turn around, etc.

Used the big car for the spider scouting mission, worked nicely for me. Maybe isn't worth it if you have great teleporting skills, but my teleporting is like +-300 meters often landing me on top of a spider...

It also felt fun doing it by car. The danger is that you may get stuck, though. It's nice that you don't have to get out of the car at the positions, you can just drive over them.

/Mats Wiklund

Back