Screenie (some PED) Contest

Erastothenes

Guardian
Society
Shaolin
John Erastothenes Bluetail
The CryEngine update has brought us beautiful scenery, not least for those who can run gfx's on the highest settings. The day/night cycle can make good opportunities for ingame screenies, cathing the right mood - like your Atrox coming for you out of the shadows, or a romantic moon over Athena at midnight... (i'm all for the Atrox here, say a romantic Stalker at midnight)

Time was, any computer game was sold in a box with artwork on it that was FAR FAR better than what we would actually see ingame - these days hi-res screenshots are often soo good there is no need to spend on artists faking something better than what is actually on our screens when we play.

However, anyone doing design knows that you can NEVER have too many images to choose from. Now we have ingame gfx quality - but quantity is still needed. My idea is to initiate a thread where we can submit our best screenies for MA/FPC or anyone else to use. If cool imagery in ad's for Entropia helps bring more people we all win right? And for those already hooked it's always a need for images, soc-sites - eu-tracker - any site related to EU.

I'm sure MA/FPC has ava's that can hop anywhere, and in other ways they can create screenies from scenes here. Where we participants come in is in CREATIVITY. Like the brilliant people at Industrial Light and Magic, I'm sure many of us can grasp that tech has to be combined with inspiration and the odd mad moment of illumination to create art.
For brilliance I have no doubt that in the very diverse population of EU there is plenty to be found.

So. lets make superb screenies, and many of them. All screenies submitted have to be free to use for anyone who wants them. No copyright nagging or anything. Whomever use one or more images could mention where it came from, who made it - but even this must be optional. I'd like a totally free-no-small-print-gallery. The idea is to support anyone marketing EU, it being MA/FPC or someone else.

Some incentive, starting this I feel it's proper to offer something. I'd like to give 250 PED for the best screenie. But it's no quick cash - I want to let this run untill a week or so before xmas 2010 before deciding. As I wrote before, quantity is an issue. How to decide who win's? I think a poll is the best thing. For sure I do not want to be a lone judge and jury. If anyone has ideas on how to select a winner pls do not be quiet.

Winner could be best single screenie, best collection - how to judge?

Also. One of the most elaborate and I think generous-in-prizes events is coming up - HuntingN8's neco slaugther. For most dramatic neconu hunt screenie I will award 150 PED, this one also near xmas. Need a poll on this as well I guess. 150 PED here is peanuts for the participants but hey people call it a noble sport :)

Disclaimer: I might die. I drive most everyday, and sometimes I fly. From time to time I even walk. I drink and I smoke. Hence I might pass on to enjoy dramatically hotter circumstances at any time. If so, no PED's. In case I live - I'm a EU nut so I'l be here to pass out the rewards.

Over to you!

UPDATE

It's impressive, what is posted! I have decided to add a 2. and 3. prize - second gets 100 PED and third gets 50 PED. When we get closer do December I think a jury should be elected somehow. Still plenty of time to consider how to have the images judged though - happy to consider any suggestions from you all!

Keep'em coming!

DEADLINE

ok folks! Big thanks for the submitions! December is coming up with the usual xmas stress, and I'm off for some holidays myself. So. I hereby set December 1st 2010 as the FINAL date for any submitions. Submitions made later WILL NOT BE VALID for the competition!

Now, to set up a jury... I'm going to invite a few - outside my soc and obviously people that are not in the contest...
I'l announce the jury members AND a date early December for the decicion on winners!

best, eras

Last edited:
reserved for suggestions etc.

500.00 EFD by Nighthawk - ty man :)) , goes right into loot pool for this contest! Excellent! :)

Last edited:
I'll start you off with some Sunset.. These I posted a long time ago in diffrent thread & where taken at a year ago at the start of V10

Will happy get more together but they get the ball rolling

Looking forward to seeing the posts from others.

Spongey

ty ty Spongey! Getting it started, super! Sending u my EFD for that, 1000 I think I have!
Appreciate!

(and screenies are beautiful!)

ty ty Spongey! Getting it started, super! Sending u my EFD for that, 1000 I think I have!
Appreciate!

Thankyou :yay:

I will have plenty more for you But need some time to dig out the best ones :)
+rep for a great idea. Like I said I'm looking forward to seeing what ppl comeup with. There must be some great srns out there which without a idea like this would never see the light of day so come on ppl lets see them

Thanks again

Spongey

my entry

This is my entry, taken from a long time ago.

Some great screenies so far that are making me want to go on a hunt for that perfect picture-perfect spot. However, until I once again set foot on Calypso, here are some I had lying around from a few days ago...

These were all capped with my usual game-play graphics settings (mostly Medium or High with a few Very Highs). I shall be back later with more screenies taken with all graphics settings on maximum :)

hydra event related screenies..... (more to come)

[br]Die hydra[/br]

[br]Big boies with big toy ready for hydra[/br]

Last edited:
Oh I do love photography with my IRL camera and the screenshot button. I've been bad lately though haven't done much screening.... here's some photos I've dug up to add to the piles :D

doing my job day and night :)

I wished I saved them in .bmp compression..

omg a screenie competition! woot, some good pictures to see :yay:

I'll post some too as quick as i can log in or dig something up.

Lez. :wtg:

more entries

"The High Life"

"Toothie Style"

"Shadow"

"Cosmic Dust"

Well... I posted that for another competition plus I have crappy gfx.

So you may preclude it if you wish... :)

How could I miss this thread? O_O

I've been working on panoramic views of Entropia Universe since mid July, created a profile on Da for it.

Want me to post them all?

How could I miss this thread? O_O

I've been working on panoramic views of Entropia Universe since mid July, created a profile on Da for it.

Want me to post them all?

Damn!!! those are amazing.... and don't take this the wrong way..
but can he not be in the competition???? hahah, if so then he already won hands down... those are insane
Great work man... really!:eek::eek:

Wow! Amazing panoramic views Angel! Yes post them all if u like - just remember I ask that all images are free to use for EU promotion, be it by MA/FPC or someone else :)
Superb stuff!

Sure, they are free to use that's why pics have no watermark or logo, just clean screenshots.

July 16, 2010 - Silver Ridge

July 17, 2010 - Osere

July 17, 2010 - Oshiri Hearts

July 18, 2010 - Camp Phoenix

July 18, 2010 - Billton Towers (one of my favs !!)

July 25, 2010 - Nea's Place

August 3, 2010 - East Scylla Mountains

August 7, 2010 - Fort Medusa

September 4, 2010 - New Switzerland

September 4, 2010 - Port Atlantis 360 (My first try on a 360º view)

You have a link to the original screenshots in every description, in case you don't like the HDR treatment or just want to see the real graphics. The last one (Port Atlantis 360) is my first try on a 360º view, I know it's not perfect but I'm working on it :D

Hope you enjoy, thanks !!

You have a link to the original screenshots in every description, in case you don't like the HDR treatment or just want to see the real graphics. The last one (Port Atlantis 360) is my first try on a 360º view, I know it's not perfect but I'm working on it :D

Hope you enjoy, thanks !!

Wicked Mate.

Ok here are some I already have in my gallery but feel free to use any if you want ;)

Vehicle:

View from Kansha Condo 14A​

TP pics:​

"Bridge" view:

Really nice lake mountain view:​

Update 10-9-2010

It's impressive, what is posted! I have decided to add a 2. and 3. prize - second gets 100 PED and third gets 50 PED. When we get closer do December I think a jury should be elected somehow. Still plenty of time to consider how to have the images judged though - happy to consider any suggestions from you all!

Keep'em coming!

Rise of the Fallen

In a forgotten outpost, out in the wilderness a man stands in wait. The sun breaches the wall of the plateau, and its beams splash down onto the landscape. It is here the fallen emerge, warriors of old, revived and called once again to resume their work. Meticulously progressing towards the rebuilding of their once lost civilization...

Nice little private puddle for those romantic evenings, a short stretch of beach in the lower left area

here are some of my screenies - hmmm... turns out I have more than I realised.. sry for the huge amount!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:
in a word (again): WOW - this is really coming along!!!

A couple more screenies taken tonight, these two from the Fort Troy area.

As I take more I shall add them here :)

Back