Screenie (some PED) Contest

Road Trip plus

A few more

Last edited:
Some Screenshots form the KiD

Got a few Screen shots i have taken before i had even known about this contest ;)

screenshot4.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

Hey hey KiD - impressive. And good to see that this "event" is not dead - hope to get even more entries before December :)

A few more, look at that jungle ! @_@

September 18, 2010 - Memorial Island

September 22, 2010 - Oyster Isle

September 23, 2010 - Fort Troy

September 24, 2010 - Nymphtown

September 27, 2010 - Ashi

As always, original screenshots are linked. Enjoy !

Land, Sea and Air

Last edited:
was working on something different for this one but it didn't work with the quality I wanted.. sooooo....back to the drawing board! Will edit the below pic out (which I was using for width sizing) once I get this damn thing to work.

edit: Ok after much fathoming out how to work adobe after effects, making a swf file (only to find we cant upload these here) then putting the new after effects file back into photoshop as images on layers to re-make the gif and then down sizing it to fit the upload limit.... finally kinda got what I wanted. Quality is not as good as the original but giffing does that.
This was a stand-and-chat-all-night-as-I-took-screenies-now-and-then-as-things-changed kind of an evening.

volcano-dusk-til-dawn-ef.gif

Last edited:
deadline

ok folks! Big thanks for the submitions! December is coming up with the usual xmas stress, and I'm off for some holidays myself. So. I hereby set December 1st 2010 as the FINAL date for any submitions. Submitions made later WILL NOT BE VALID for the competition!

Now, to set up a jury... I'm going to invite a few - outside my soc and obviously people that are not in the contest...
I'l announce the jury members AND a date early December for the decicion on winners!

best, eras

Last Romp for Now

Last edited:
a bit more...

Last edited:
and yes, a little more - I did a LOT of romping over the weekend!

Last edited:
and finally!!...

Last edited:
The end is Nigh

Last call, last orders!!! Its deadline, Dec. 1. I'l ask Judges, of whom I have now 4 and want at least 2 more, to decide and post their decicions here on or about Dec. 10. After that, the challenge will be to get in touch with the winners - pls all help me here when that day comes. Whos got who on FL etc!

Best and thanks again for all the work - eras

but planet calypso forum made it a kind unsharp :-(
natural resulation was 1920x1080

Any update on this contest? I'm kinda excited. :yup:

Time to Judge

Ok, it's december 10 today and I'm going online tonight (gmt+1), and tomorrow night - hoping to get the votes from all Judges! One Judge already sent in, 3 more Judges to go. Names of Judges will be published so everyone knows I'm not making things up!!!
As soon as all votes are in I hope to meet the winners as soon as possible to hand out the prizes! I'l post some place I'l be waiting at specific times ingame!
Should I fail to reach one or more winners this weekend I'l post some times when I'm online later. Whatever time it may take all winners will get their prize!!!

Any remaining Judges who reads this - pls post your votes for 1, 2 and 3rd here as a thread reply or pm me!

cheers, eras

ps. if say two diff contestants gets equal votes I'l try to get a fifth judge, or more if needed, so it'l be clear who wins.

Ok, its Sunday Dec. 12 and I am waiting for the last of the Judges. I lost my connection last night, said Judge was supposed to have the votes ready - hopefully I'l get in touch tonight! If so I'l post here imideatly!

cheers, eras

and the Winners are:

ok folks the votes are in.

The Honorable Judges, in alphabetical order, ENTROPIAS MOST WANTED, Johnny Slim Rocket, Luke Dalas Cambridge and Tiny Dancer Cheryl, has sent me the votes and we end with this:

1. Angel 02 Mercer
2. xWandererx
3. Silva Mak

it was very very close there in the top, and other names has been on the Judges lists for places - Jenny Ferr, Spongey bob and Davin Felth.

If I had a ton of PED I'd reward ALL - great stuff sent in!!! I really appreciate your efforts and your time ALL!

NOW. I want to hand out the prizes, modest as they are... tonight Sunday I'm online and will hang out at PA - the level looking out over the harbor TP - from about 22.15 MA time till maybe 23.00 NA time. Hope someone catches me.
Also contact any Global Aliance member and ask them to PM me! I'l post more online times / locations after tonight!
Or, PM me here in the forum.

BIG THANKS TO ALL!!!

may u all HoF, eras

OOOOMMMMMGGGG !!!!!!!1

Are you online now? where can we meet?

Thank you so much, hope everybody enjoyd the screenies :p

Wow gratz to you!! :yay: Very well done. :cool:

Gratz to all the other participents, very excellent screens!! Will be setting some of these to my destop!! :D

okey.... first price has been handed out and Silva knows, she'l be in touch - that leaves Wanderer. Asking around I hear I can find Wanderer at PA at times, I will pop over and look. Wanderer - pm me if u like, theres 100 ped waiting for u :)

cheers, eras

Congrats to the winners, especially Angel O2 who has been known to congratulate people himself "quite" a lot :). Now he gets to be a winner for his great screenie efforts. Some amazing ones there for sure.

I'm just glad that Erasto didn't put a 5k prize on it like Foma did, otherwise I fear it would've been a case of Silva Mak x 100 in terms of amount submitted.

A little tip about that: I don't know if you've been a judge in such a competition before but when you have so many entries all piled together in one post, you begin not to see them, so the advantage of having more entries can be lost by the judges not being able to distinguish between your many entries in the end. It wasn't a problem to go through these pictures since there weren't "that" many and some decent ones were easily visible. Not to single out Silva here, because Angel O2 did a similar thing, only laying it out slightly "easier" with titles for each.

Of course, I saw pictures from both parties which were worthy of Erasto's ideal. Props to Silva for working so long with that .gif sunrise :D Hardcore. I can also mention this one from Silva and to be a bit general, the individual character of each of Angel O2's pictures.

Congrats also to Wanderer for his nice, clean images which seemed thoughtfully chosen (I'm sure we all have hundreds of screenies we'd love to show off) with contrasting colours to give the impression of real variety and choice between his mere 3 screenies.

Also worth mentioning are congratulations for the runners up, Spongey Bob and Davin. I saw some really nice screenies from you guys which I loved.

To name a couple, the first one of Davin's "more entries" here was just awesome. It has a really epic feeling about it.

Spongey Bob's first entry here has some great shapes and sprawling shadows. I almost feel like the valley is "coming to get me" with those shadows.

For others, like NaomiScott, the settings seemed to let you down a little, as in this one, but others like this one looked much better. I would've loved to see a Very High + 8xAA version of these two.

KiD had some fun ones, especially the first and third. I really liked that third one, great stuff and very unique!

These were just the ones that I feel stuck out from the rest, which were generally not bad (so don't feel bad the rest of you guys who didn't get a mention :))

So all that's left to say is thanks to all you guys for a nice competition and I hope to see more of your screenies in future. Decorating EU perhaps ;)

Hope my comments have given some positive insight into at least my thoughts during the judging of this thing. By all means take it away and consider it next time you enter a screenie competition if you like.

I wish you all the best and hope to bump into some of you out there in the wilds (and not so wilds) of Entropia.

Peace,

Dalas.

Thanks again Dalas, and congrats to everyone.

Thanks for the comments and gratz to everyone. I did particularly like Wanderers moody peaceful snow pic.
I know I did put in a lot of pics, but I do take a lot. They do all have titles which can be seen as the last part of the url when clicked on, however it took so long to just cut and paste all the links into the html code, often late at night, I decided to leave the separate titles for each out.
Have now started the Next Island screenies collection....... I just can't help myself!

Last edited:
Thanks for those words Dalas :)

Wanderer has not yet recieved his prize... hope he knows he's due for some ped!

Big gratz to winners: Angel 02 Mercer, xWandererx, Silva Mak!
Also for Erastothenes, who organised this contest.

Big Thx to Erasto and Lucas I finally got my peds, thx for the comments on the screenies :)

Big Thx to Erasto and Lucas I finally got my peds, thx for the comments on the screenies :)

No worries Wanderer, a nice christmas pressie, I think that worked out quite ok timewise actually.

Congrats again :)

Back