Secrecy of data - conspiration theory

Msturlese

Stalker
Society
Dirty Dingos
Marco Killy Stur
I read a nice statement on the "Wiki down" post.
the meaning is "i cant understand why MA does not more to make public as many data possibie on the game"

i try to think to arguments opening a discussion
1. API availability for export of data . i played wow for 12 years so i experiecned a site (wowhead) that is exactly what entropiawiki is for EU. it is contributed via a client that gets information from playerbase and uploads logs that are partsed and inserted in a database.
that availability would produce EXACT percentages of drop for each item based on hundred of thousands of instances.... MA does not want this. and more than MA that is not liked by some player that have studied and researched what drops what . this asymmetry of information lead to MU.... without MU game is a loss for everyone

2. MU is a system that sacrifice 90% of playerbase to make 10% gain. simpoly as this. Game can not be beaten. Players extract value just from other players paying more than TT.
A fully set up player CAN NOT loot over ammo (on long term average) due it would lead MA to bankrupcy. so there is a "total playerbase hard cap". we saw it. as an ATH or a large hof happens,. that lead to dry-up loots to rebuild resources .

3. ITEM NUMBER CONTROL. it exists... at some point as a threshold of items is reached they stop to drop or drop less frequently (i heard many stories on "horn of Za Gol" from Monria. they dropped frequently (relatively) then slowed and maybe stopped. i know people that keep more than one page per kind in their inventory. that is simpluy a programming error... should be fixed percent of drop with incremental (as an example WOW has about 1500 instances of loot to be sure to get some item. here can be 50.000 with incremental percentages... as you kill 50.000 (or 10.000.000 mobs) you must for sure get the item... and even more absurd is that a soulbound item crafting material can drop to the same ppl more than once.
solving this... as one get 4 page it can be reverted into the loot pool availability (i would not cap items in game but make them fixed poercent (even small) drop

4. API would spot removed item, permaining BP. i refer specifically to Maddox 4. the mechano matrix component are removed. the GDC pistol can not be crafted.... this information is nto public.... so a BP was for sale in the AH for 300 ped... someone maybe buy it ad find himself with a 30 solalr useless item in storage,.... that is absurd. if MA decide that an item must not exiusst anymore should cancel alos all legacy and compensate owners at last MU shrapnel (she is responsible for the loss with its decisions)

5. Fear of knowledge. this is the most interesting point.... why ? because marketing the game is "have fun and get rich" and no monthly fee
try this statement... pay 5000 EUR and get back less than you pay and work hard to get money off other players and if you cant.... hoarde Visa.
Entropia Life itself is misleading.... i had one week at RT Atrox, killed 15k monster, made a plethora of globals and a hof.... ended the week at
maybe 20 ped positive (thank you MA for free skills) with probabaly 4k globals..... global are teh flashing reclame on screen (mine is set at 2k to see fewer)
same for drop rate percentages... imagine a high prized item... a 1000 ped off a 1 ped monster that drop it or nothing. i expect to drop one every 1000 kills
to be fair dice rolling. actually 1020 due to 98% returns....
an API would result in a ACTUAL data for TT Returns of ppl that can be verified (wonder if some money making items resist to this test)
and an API can show that a lower level player returns xx% average against a more skilled one returning yy% therefore deriving effect of all stats.
as we all know the REAL effect of looter and efficiency is an argument that is unsolved.

those are some effects that would be discovered with an API and why for the game owners it is better to not publish them...

on the other hand a wider playerbase with more transparency would bring inside some better income that 7m ped sales per year for owners
and probabaly a better rate of return for gamers (MA coudl stretch more the loots due with 70m income she is not applying same cutoff to pay for
the structure.

Regarding the introduction of NFT... it is just a nice word for blockchain enthusiast. we dont need it, we need ways to dump OILS into something valuable.
make a BP that use just Oils to create pills at 101% like for shrapnels or (L) amps for mining and hinting, sights, and more that are soulbound and we will see
that all ppl will recycle them. EP killed crafting, and ppl loose its 2% on craftign them to gain selling Armatrix (L) BP ...
a nice step was made in strongbox key BP but cost 20% more than intem shop so its a useless bp (just to bypass rules for some country that cant buy keys)

just some considerations, made without a coffe in body so maybe i made also errors. i apologize for those.

btw, reclame = advertising (point 5.)

I read a nice statement on the "Wiki down" post.
the meaning is "i cant understand why MA does not more to make public as many data possibie on the game"

i try to think to arguments opening a discussion

TLDR: Entropia project will *uck up if provide an API or attract more players.

Last edited:
The EU interface should allow for fully detailed hunt tracking. You can press a button to "start" a hunt and it keeps a tally of exact loot earned and exact decay spent. You should even be able to save this data.

we are talking of a client that give wrong information about crafting returns.......
if you start a crafting session and craft until you finish products in same session
the client counts just "obtained" and not "used" bits adn pieces.....
when you TT all the items that came off a craft they are always less than stated
beceuse when u "re-craft a returned item" coming off "partial success" it is not
counted as a material used. i am scared of a "count in and outs".
i prefer an API export function

TLDR: Entropia project will *uck up if provide an API or attract more players.

This game came to its knees because of someone's refresh tracking tool. You think Mindark is capable of doing APIs well?

Back