Security in Entropia- is your Cash safe?

Varginna

Guardian
Society
www.entropiaforum.pl
Dis Varginna Venus
MA is saying the level of security of our accounts is at a bank level however after latest situatoin I got a feeling this is not the case about us (clients). What I mean are those locked accounts from the 5th of May. YES I am still locked!!! I got absolutly no information about my account. It took already 1.5h months. My support cases are hanging in there with some stardard bs replies. Some of you say you I must have done something wrong while it takes so long, well what about all those people who got unlocked every single day since the 5th of May, are they guilty as well ? This is f**** joke. This is RCE for the god sake! This if MY money in this account!! This is my account which I have proven while sending the ID Card. My account is worth around 30k PEDs which is huge cash for msyelf. I expect from a MindArk to unlock my account give me some information or prove me guilty (yee good luck with that!). I do undersatnd they need to check some things, moreover I do understand they need to make sure whatever happped will not happen again but a one and a half of month!!! COME ON. This should be like top priority!!! Oh yes some will say call them. You know what I actually did, some nice smart ass secretary told me you have nothing to worry about !! How the f*** I have nothing to worry about? If they lock my bank account would I have nothing to worry about? There at least I could expect some facts, asnwers and a direct contact. I feel like a shit absolutly no way to comunicate 30k PED frozen, no information, nobody gives a shit is this really REAL CASH ENONOMY we talking about???

P.S: oh yes I am not a depositor and I am starting to think nobody is allowed to withdraw or actually earn out of system if you did not deposit ( I have hit a 21k tower of duru in April after 5 years of playing EU). I f*****g hope this is just coinsidance!

You don't have to be guilty to be locked, when such a situation arises, they lock all accounts involved and launch a full investigation. This includes all accounts that have touched dodgy items via trade etc, innocent or not.

This is because they need to do damage controll and return the involved stuff to their rightfull owners.

Such a thing on the scale it is this time, takes time.

Most of the big exploiters of the mining bug causing this major lockdown are like you from poland , that combined with your good fortune in mining recently could be the reason for them wanting to check your account more deeper.

if you are innocent , have faith and wait out their investigation , im sure you will be ok in the end.

cheers

ermik

Most of the big exploiters of the mining bug causing this major lockdown are like you from poland , that combined with your good fortune in mining recently could be the reason for them wanting to check your account more deeper.

if you are innocent , have faith and wait out their investigation , im sure you will be ok in the end.

cheers

ermik

I understand that they want to check what happened and they want to be sure it won't happen again. But, really, one and half month is a PLENTY of time :mad: and they could replay for mails. What could I think when there is TOTALLY no communication with support :mad:

I understand that they want to check what happened and they want to be sure it won't happen again. But, really, one and half month is a PLENTY of time :mad: and they could replay for mails. What could I think when there is TOTALLY no communication with support :mad:

Normal business as usual. Sorry to hear that it's a ban, but silence is MA's only form of communication lately it seems. Money in game has not ever been 'safe' despite whatever may have been advertised to you by Mindark or any Planet Partner's websites. MA has the right to do anything under the eula including locking your account at any time and holding your peds in limbo that way. Doesn't seem fair or right, but that's the way it is with 'as is'... Just be glad it's not been over a year yet like the limbo that the tamer's system and other stuff like that are stuck in (even if they are not locked, that part of their account and activities might as well be considered locked)

Last edited:
Would love to see SDS or some official give a answer to those who are still locked and give them a estimate for how long they will be locked.

SDS, can you see your customer posts on the forum? Wake the f*ck up and speak to MindArk, force a fucking reply from them.. Show us you give a flying fuck about the customers.... I hope you do at least?

Over a month since last reply from a official on this forum, and that was a fucking retarded post about their lunchroom that they share with MindArk. Now, if you share it and eat lunch every f*cking day... Ask them W T F is going on with all the locks perhaps would be in time now, and post about it on the forum or does that scare away potential future victims?

I am not locked or have never been locked, but it pisses me off and wonder if I might end up locked for months without a reason in the future.

Hopefully if I get locked in the future for no reason I will still live where I live atm, 15 minutes form MindArks office.

The lack of communication in this "universe" amuses me... I wonder what this game would be if there were no such things as addiction...

yes , the lack of communication is a problem , a major problem.

I understand these things take time , since they probably have to restore and go through offline backups of transactions for evidence.

but total silence is bad , really bad.

cheers

ermik

I am not locked or have never been locked, but it pisses me off and wonder if I might end up locked for months without a reason in the future.

+rep to that

This has been on my mind every time I open the deposit screen now, it causes me to skip a 0 or 2 when I'm doing deposits now.

The whole situation sucks for everyone involved. I don't feel confident in this company like I did, its effecting my game-play, its effecting MAs profits and its effecting the entire economy in our game.

They want to lock people out, fine I guess that is their right and its also our right to do a $100 usd deposit every month rather then a $1000 usd deposit every month like before.

They think they can just keep us in the dark and not expect our trust in them to suffer? Even if they come back a month from now and say "X,Y,Z accounts were locked for yadda yadda blahh blahh, that's not going to change anything. I'm still going to be nervous about having to much money in this game knowing that MA can take it all away at anytime and NOT give a suitable reason why.

I use to have faith in this company, I use to trust them to keep my money safe, I use to trust them to keep us informed when in a situation like this. I see now that my faith in them was highly misplaced.

As I quoted, I'm not involved in this situation at all, I have not been locked out for this non-sense like so many others. All I am saying is that people take notice of things like this, people in time will forgive you MA but don't expect these people to ever forget!

Most of the big exploiters of the mining bug causing this major lockdown are like you from poland
Is there more info this somewhere ?

what u call speculation, i call fact, or do raddim and borg come from somewhere other than poland?

Grow up m8 and stop throw stones like you do for me and after you get a slap on face he can be innocent and his talking about speculation about what really happen not where they coming from...

Just stop to be childish like many on this forum and respect the feelings of the people...

All the best Varginna if you innocent you will come soon...
best of luck

what u call speculation, i call fact, or do raddim and borg come from somewhere other than poland?

Its highly likely that they traded more with polish players (traders maybe too, to get rid of materials fast), also it was said that they traded ped for IRL currency outside MAs provided method.

i'm still locked..and i never did anything wrong.They asked for my ID, i send my ID..and no response in the last few weeks. I dont know what to do anymore. They just stopped to do anything about the locked accounts..i dont have any other explanation. If they have my papers and ID...and i didnt do anything wrong..what i have to do to be unlocked?..if anybody can give an answer..plz give me one to know what to do. They are laws in this world and everybody have to respect the laws....or not?????:scratch2::scratch2:

yes , the lack of communication is a problem , a major problem.

I understand these things take time , since they probably have to restore and go through offline backups of transactions for evidence.

but total silence is bad , really bad.

cheers

ermik

I guess this kind of research takes time, not because it is a technical issue. Computers can be reviewed quickly. But money matters and especially strong amounts (millions of peds) of those involved in the exploit of the mining bug are legal in nature. Legal proceedings take time in any country in the world.

lol
Where I wrote that they're not from Poland? I just meant that since we have no official info from MA so called "mining bug" is- till now- pure speculation, because community knows nothing (thanks MA) and we ALL can only conjecture what really happened.

he can be innocent and his talking about speculation about what really happen not where they coming from...

MJ: she :spank: I'm a woman ingame and in RL :D

these things take time. this one time i had my bank card stolen and bank account emptied and it took me nearly 2 months to get my $$ back. not that this is the same thing, but it kind of is with allegedly millions of ped missing. if you didn't do anything wrong you will be unlocked asap i'm sure, MA wants your business.... when you don't play they make 0 profit.

Every time you log into the game you give away any rights you think you "should" have , this is a "police State" a "Communist Enviroment" you agree to play by their rules you have no rights here! The only tools you have are to voice your complaints here and i think that will result in a 50/50 responce so your just going to wait untill they say you can play again or NOT. And there isnt anything you can do about it.Dont get me wrong im not suggesting that theres anything good about that but it is how it is my opinion:wise:

I'll avoid the subject of the locking of accounts as it's not something I'm overly familiar with. Though if you are innocent, I hope they resolve the issue quickly for you.

To address the question posed in the thread title, the answer is NO.

What you think is YOUR cash is not yours at all. When you deposit, Mindark counts the money they receive as revenue. What you just deposited now belongs to them, and they are not liable to you for ANY of it.

This is in contrast to a bank, where as you deposit, it counts towards the bank's assets, and the corresponding value is counted as a liability on their balance sheet. This means if the bank goes out of business, one of the first groups they have to pay out is the money that belongs to the customers. This is not how Mindark works.

Don't let the terms "deposit" and "withdrawal" confuse you. What is really happening is that you are PURCHASING a virtual currency that has no real value. You're buying Monopoly, play money. However, Mindark gives you the opportunity to REDEEM your virtual currency for real money. They aren't holding all the value of ped in the game on their books like a bank would.

They are essentially betting that they will receive more money each month than they will have requested from players to be refunded. If in any month more money is being requested to be refunded than what they receive, they will simply delay the withdraw requests until more money comes in. Hence the reason there have been some long delays recently for withdraws. Too many people withdrawing, not enough depositing...

So while we can calculate what the value of our accounts are worth to us, because we know that 10 PED exchanges for $1, that money does not actually belong to us, and we are not entitled to it. But since there is a PERCEPTION that we are, Mindark has put in place certain security features akin to a bank so as to improve customer confidence in the system. But that doesn't mean they work like a bank, which is a very common misconception among the community.

They are essentially betting that they will receive more money each month than they will have requested from players to be refunded. If in any month more money is being requested to be refunded than what they receive, they will simply delay the withdraw requests until more money comes in. Hence the reason there have been some long delays recently for withdraws. Too many people withdrawing, not enough depositing...

What they need to be betting on is keeping the running cost and profit margin within the decay revenue. If they have to resort to paying out customers with money they just recieved, they've already lost.

Despite what everyone may say and think, the only way for MA(or PP for that matter) to earn money is to take peds out of the game. Be it decay or selling.

Varginna pls dont turn my words around.
Etopia question was if theres anymore about most people involved are coming from poland, i just mentioned the two of the big miners that come from poland and are still locked, thats not speculation its fact.

MA is saying the level of security of our accounts is at a bank level however after latest situatoin I got a feeling this is not the case about us (clients).

All indications are that they are investigating and locking accounts as part of an investigation to determine fraud/theft/exploiting.

I'd call that pretty secure to me. :)

Beyond that, I'd say this is just a complaint about the length of your ban wrapped up in a pretty package.

If you are innocent, then I'm sorry you have to endure such a long investigation. Have you sent MA all requested documents, etc.? Are you certain they received them? Are you 100% sure there is nothing in your recent activities that might, maybe be considered an exploit?

Just asking.

--mod hat on--
As for the Poland accusations, I'll ask folks to refrain from any derogatory remarks about race, creed, place of residence, etc.

Yes, I know about the old Romania issue and I don't need to see that all over again.
--/mod hat on--

Last edited:
wouldn't be the first time MA's fked over players

What they need to be betting on is keeping the running cost and profit margin within the decay revenue. If they have to resort to paying out customers with money they just recieved, they've already lost.

Despite what everyone may say and think, the only way for MA(or PP for that matter) to earn money is to take peds out of the game. Be it decay or selling.

MA's revenue does not come from decay... :wise:

This might be a helpful read for you:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?206946-MA-does-NOT-make-money-from-decay

If you are innocent, then I'm sorry you have to endure such a long investigation. Have you sent MA all requested documents, etc.? Are you certain they received them? Are you 100% sure there is nothing in your recent activities that might, maybe be considered an exploit?

Endure- sure, I have (STILL) some patience. But why no communication with supp? That's make me angry and thinking that they have players deep in the asses. Documents- yes- over two weeks ago. I have still completly no answer. Not even I, as far as I know. Yes, I'm 100% sure that I did nothing wrong and that's why I can't understand why it takes so long without any answer from MA side :mad: What kind of exploit could it be when I played very rarely from the end of february and when I was log on i mostly talked at soc chat?
IMO: that's all is ridiculous :mad:

But why no communication with supp?

In the wonderful world of perfect storms, I do know that the Support system recently decided that now was a great time to "upgrade" their system. IIRC, the Support section isn't even in the same country, much less the same building, so it may completely disconnected from the current investigations.

Does anyone else have evidence that Support is back up and running since they began that lil change-over?

I know, somewhat off-topic but I just want to make a point.

MA's revenue does not come from decay... :wise:

This might be a helpful read for you:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?206946-MA-does-NOT-make-money-from-decay

Nice thread but it only focuses on one aspect of the business, namely the flow of funds and MA book keeping. The way you explain it it can never be a solid business plan that's sustainable, let alone profitable on the long term.

Imagine the begining of entropia from your point of view:
- So we are going to make this game where ppl can play with real money. Ppl can deposit real money for play money, and later (if there's any left :D ) they can change that play money into real money again.
* And how are we going to make money?
- Well, we're just going to use their deposits to fund the operation and take a nice cut. Hope they never withdraw, and when they do we're just going to wait until we get enough deposits to pay for the withdrawls. Should take around 30 days. :yup:
* And how are we supposed to survive in those 30 days? We've got expenses too, we can't put those on hold for 30 days while we collect to pay out. We need something better...

So what I'm trying to say here is, there's a difference between how the money is earned by means of a niftey construction called decay (which just boils down to taking peds out that can no longer be withdrawn), and the funds that flow to and from MA.

Sure, they don't have all the funds of EU sitting on an account looking pretty waiting to be paid out, but that's pretty standard in business. The funds are tied up in god knows what, german castles? But that's also true for any bank. None of them have enough to pay out all account holders, and they don't have to. So unless something nasty happens those funds can be used for 'other profitable activities' whatever that may lead to.

MA's revenue comes from the difference between deposits and withdrawals. So:

Net Deposits - Net Withdrawals = Net Revenue

That fact is CLEARLY stated by MA in nearly every financial report they have released. In addition, we are not a liability on their balance sheet, which means that our peds that we hold in game do not belong to us and have no real value. You can't argue that. It's presented as fact through their financials.

So once we deposit, that money is no longer ours. This means when they take decay away from us in the form of peds, MA does NOT receive revenue from us. They can't take revenue in the form of a deposit and then ALSO take revenue in the form of decay.

Go back to the lemonade example I provided in that thread. If I give you $5 for a glass of lemonade, and drink half of it, you didn't just make another $2.50. You still only have the $5 that I gave you. This is basic business. In addition, nearly every business has some form of refund policy. The money that they use to pay out refunds comes from the revenue that they received in that period. This business just happens to have a rather active refunding policy...

Back