Selling Sweat

EatMoreHippo

Hatchling
I just started playing yesterday and started sweating at the Swamp Camp. After I'd made 1k I tried to sell it for around 5 ped while I kept sweating, I was able to get another 1k before logging off today and I never even got one offer for the sweat I'd made. I was sending a message out once every few minutes in the trade channel saying 1k sweat for 5ped and even went as low as 4.5ped at some points.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a better place to sell sweat than the Swamp Camp or do I need to advertise differently or something?

you can try at Twin Peaks, but tbh nobody really needs sweat at the moment. Until mindforce is put back in, it will be really hard to sell sweat at a reasonable price.

you can try at Twin Peaks, but tbh nobody really needs sweat at the moment. Until mindforce is put back in, it will be really hard to sell sweat at a reasonable price.

What's the best way to start then? Should I just buy an ax asap and start hunting or what?

Can take a while to sell atm due to there being only one mind force tool in operation, with others supposedly coming back soon. Have patience and stick to your 5ped/1k price, someone will eventually buy it. Trying to sell it while sweating is probably not the easiest, better to shout out by the turret there while your waiting for your health to regen.

Here are several suggestions they should help you sell your sweat a bit more quickly.

One, don't leave yourself just one place as an option to sell sweat. Now I know this can be tough for a newbie but there are ways to improve you odds.

First, try asking around to the other people at sweat camp for a good society to join for newbies. You should get some suggestions. Usually the bigger more established societies are a good choice. But, some of the smallers ones work well too. The reason you want to join a society to have exposure to a nice group of players. They will help you with other aspects of the game other than sweating. And in the beginning, since they know how taxing it is to sweat that first 1 or 2k, you will likely find that they will be nice and buy your sweat. Just remember this is Real Cash Money game. Don't abuse the kindness. Begin to work on finding other avenues to sell your sweat ASAP.

People using TP chips are the only people to use sweat. Finding some that will buy your sweat is a good idea. Again, as long as you don't abuse their generousity. That means having several so you don't hit up the same person all the time.

As I meaned earlier, look to have more options. That is where a society comes in again. There are several area on Calypso people hang out. PA not so much any more but you can always try selling there. Sweat Camp server is usually full and many times you are sent to Camp Corinth so that is also an option. Keep in mind both PA and camp Corinth usually have small amounts of people compared to the others I am going to mention. Sweat Camp of course usually has quite a few people. Sometimes you will find buyers other times it will take a bit more patience. Twin Peaks also has a fair amount of people hanging out there. And then there is Nea's Place. A good society will likely have members that have all of these TPs on their map and will be more than happy to help you make a TP run to them. You want all these places so you have more than just Sweat Camp and PA as places to sell.

After sweating for a few days or a week or so you will come to realise that sweating for ped is probably not the best way to enjoy the game. Consider the minimum Deposit of $10 is really a very good idea. You get 95 ped with the deposit. With that you can buy you the TT rifle and enough ammo to make a decent hunting session.

At any rate. I hope this helps. Good luck to you.

I just started playing yesterday and started sweating at the Swamp Camp. After I'd made 1k I tried to sell it for around 5 ped while I kept sweating, I was able to get another 1k before logging off today and I never even got one offer for the sweat I'd made. I was sending a message out once every few minutes in the trade channel saying 1k sweat for 5ped and even went as low as 4.5ped at some points.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a better place to sell sweat than the Swamp Camp or do I need to advertise differently or something?

Back