Sensible Approach to Hunting

Daisy btw why Mindark is saying there use only 10/10 hit ability weapons so you dont get "Miss", all the "miss" shoots dont count as cost (you can test that on shared mobs).

You basically just copied the DEV NOTE which says: THERE IS NO KILL TIMER, and you are talking about wrong mob for a weapon because of time to kill :)

Yes, "optimal loot" depends on cost, and your cost will be higher if you have to heal or your armor decays, however those costs is soo minimal its basically nothing compared to the ammo + weapon decay, wont make much difference if you got some hit during the kill.

Time doesnt matter, i can kill an 5k HP wiles naked without a single pec of heal or decay with 1 minute+ shooting, but i wont be able to do the same on 1100 hp stalkerbot with 15 sec shooting.
Time of kill doesnt matter at all, also if you hunting with LR-xx and ares improved ring, your rare loot hof isnt depending on if your ghost armor got decayed by that mob or not.

When somebody have high end gear, he can sacrifice some efficiency for DPS / DPP, but for an average player with average efficiency gear, you wont really notice any difference in the price range you can afford.
If you can afford to improve the gear, efficiency is the first you need to focus, not DPP.

I would agree only with avoiding high regen mobs with too low dps.

Dude, the loot has two behaviors…
One is DPP related and the other is the respawn timer.
That respawn timer has nothing to do with mob kill timer, otherwise there won't be rare loot in this game because of players ambition...

I did a test a few months ago with the PistolSA to see how sustainable hunting with a smaller gun would be. I think I did it exactly for Rufen, but I could be wrong.

On this test of the XT Robots, I found 8 or 10 Target chips. Since you only trust your data, I advise you to fire 500 peds with a high quality weapon to see how much of this Semi-Rare loot you can find.

You can easily do the same test using PistolSA, but it will take you a few days or a week... or you can pay the TT losses of any thrusted sweater to do it for you. With the PistolSA, even a new player at level 5-10, even compared to the BP130... will have more Target Chips at the end of a 500 ped run, but the normal loot will be compleatly shits.

One of the main variables in any game is the weather. You are simply wrong with the concept that MA has communicated, this message is mainly because of fast and slow weapons, but the game is full of timers. This is mainly why I want ingame telescopes, because our 24/7 datetime is not compatible with game 24/7 date time.

The other thing you're wrong about is Cost/DPP.
While both are in the DPP column... your maximum loss margin depends on Cost per shoot. Which to me and you is much more important than Efficiency which has an impact on the "AVERAGE TT RETURN" which does not include the Bonuses (multiples/Globals)... and Zhu's study is built on the minimum Multiplies... that is me I think he did a very good study of Looter influence on Multiplications (which aren't really multiplications, but that's another topic of conversation).

The other thing you're wrong about is Cost/DPP.

Checked my post again, i cant even find the first thing i was wrong about.
Up to you what are you belive in, weather, day / night, slow fire rate, cost per shoot, i dont really care, let me just stay with the boring efficiency and looter levels.

Been taking whats said with a grain of salt so did some digging/research and found these two Official MA posts which back up whats been said.

cuGmGMh.jpg

( From Official News Buzz )

3iQRaLI.jpg

MA official forum response.
I tend to take what MA says with a pinch of salt. They are the source makers but also unreliable.

I tend to take what MA says with a pinch of salt. They are the source makers but also unreliable.

I hear ya and it makes sense that no sensible business is going to tell their customers how to take near "full" advantage of them - that's a nonsense.

MA are however more liable for what information they make public that may result in real cash investments, thus fraud if entirely incorrect ! This is why i afford their words slightly more credibility - i said slightly more credibility keeping in mind businesses who want to do well or survive do not tend to willingly reveal to their customers how to take advantage of the business.

Checked my post again, i cant even find the first thing i was wrong about.
Up to you what are you belive in, weather, day / night, slow fire rate, cost per shoot, i dont really care, let me just stay with the boring efficiency and looter levels.

I'm not talking about faith, but about a specific example of semi-Rare loot, which is no different than Mushrooms, ESI, Generic Fuse or any quest items... but is at a sufficiently attainable level compared to ESI for example.

Or maybe you mean the gameplay? Maybe there are variants in which a house is built from the roof, but I don't know, but usually you start from the base with a preliminary plan, and then the calculations are made for a more sustainable building.

Whoever, anyone can get an ExtenderP10 and a TT Knife to cover the entire Decay of the weapon...that is, a gun without ammo to understand the effect of Efficiency better.

Since I read before this another thread where we talked about BC30, it is still in my head and so I will give an example with it..

1-shits-happends.jpg

2-shits-happends.jpg

So I'm just stating my opinion on the Efficiency vs. Cost per hit and cost per hit vs. DPP. That is being talked about here and seems to me to be talking about the same variable, which they are 2 different which overlap each other... same like Efficiency and Looter.

Since some weapons have 3.5 DPP and very low cost per hit for the DMG they deal, the main reason to use DMG enhancers is for DPS, not Efficiency, which on Tier 10 is better at variant... how to say it... like hitting with two knives foreach hand, instead of add more 10% Eco... that is, it is not because of higher Efficiency.

Hard to belive to your low cost per hit idea when ubers were racing to be able to get one from the highest cost per hit weapon from the vendor aka modblade.

I hear ya and it makes sense that no sensible business is going to tell their customers how to take near "full" advantage of them - that's a nonsense.

MA are however more liable for what information they make public that may result in real cash investments, thus fraud if entirely incorrect ! This is why i afford their words slightly more credibility - i said slightly more credibility keeping in mind businesses who want to do well or survive do not tend to willingly reveal to their customers how to take advantage of the business.
They don't have to be afraid of customers taking full advantage. I bet they had a joke at the office for writing it how it actually is and that the majority still wouldn't get it :D

- i said slightly more credibility keeping in mind businesses who want to do well or survive do not tend to willingly reveal to their customers how to take advantage of the business.
This is not possible, because you always ever compete with other players, not the house. MA takes its operating cost out or whatever it decides, but the portion of your return chances only depends on the ratio between your individual parameters and everybody else's. This is what is meant by the old standard response to all such questions, "it's dynamic". E.g. you notice an increase in returns during days and daytimes of above-average deposits, like begin of weekends in major timezones, or at the begin of events, because there is money in the system to distribute. Likewise you notice when it gets exhausted again.

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for whats seems to be solid advise / guidance.

Final post as Daisy ColdFinger

Cheers

Having good defence will unlock more opportunities so it's good to improve that aspect as well. That's why Biotropic becomes the second most important profession after the Looter profession.

Just get an adj resto. That will skill biotropic so incredibly fast that you won't need to wasted codex rewards on that.
Good conversation, wb Daisy!

@Evey Please define what a "a good defense" is? Evade/Dodge level? Fap? Armor?
I have decent evade/dodge, don't use armor usually for the lowbie stuff I plink around on, I have a mod-2350 I use, but I don't need it a lot. I assumed that was good enough for my needs atm.

Also, why is Biotropic so important? Is it a certain level? One that allows you to use a certain chip? If so, which one/s?
IIRC, my bio was like lvl 66 from long ago, at one point I had a mod resto chip, but sold most of that now, just dabbling when I get a chance now, but like to have decent gear to dabble with. If I need to go back and get an Adj Resto I could do that.

What looter level to shoot for, I assume 100?

Last edited:
Check with forum mods before making a new account here, it seems changing your identity is the one unforgivable sin, at least for some.
Yep - no time for drama - already banned the new account - makes sense though - should have checked with mods - updated this account with new ava name instead.

Last edited:
What ever you decide keep in mind you will be competing against macro bots :) cant beat anyone who is able to grind 24/7.....

What ever you decide keep in mind you will be competing against macro bots :) cant beat anyone who is able to grind 24/7.....

No dude, anyone can by help of Logitech. The question is, why don't they let us do the same..

I have decent evade/dodge, don't use armor usually for the lowbie stuff I plink around on, I have a mod-2350 I use, but I don't need it a lot. I assumed that was good enough for my needs atm.

Also, why is Biotropic so important? Is it a certain level? One that allows you to use a certain chip? If so, which one/s?
IIRC, my bio was like lvl 66 from long ago, at one point I had a mod resto chip, but sold most of that now, just dabbling when I get a chance now, but like to have decent gear to dabble with. If I need to go back and get an Adj Resto I could do that.

A good defence is one that allows you to hunt what you think has good potential for markup. A good defence is some mid-high resto chip (L or UL), some angel+, some block plates, some life leach, but again the focus should be on looter. 100 is the target. Biotropic is important because it allows you to use very good L resto chips, which have a bit less demand so they are a little cheaper (see 15 vs 7). A resto is highly recommended... You should however aim for a really good weapon instead of a mod resto so high biotropic is very handy...

Defo full on red dot hunting but long ways away from competing still maxing all the tt stuff all over again haha ( least i can choose tier rates ^^) , but i hear ya.

Extenders - omg - love em !

Tnx Mac - basically too much or too little shrapnel with no optimal loot on big runs means your setup or mob choice ( regen, evade etc ) is un balanced.

Last edited:
I've been considering returning as an active player also. Thanks for starting this thread, it's been extremely helpful :)

Welcome back and good luck with the new avatar!

No dude, anyone can by help of Logitech. The question is, why don't they let us do the same..

There is a ingame way to disrupt afk logi hunters.

Yes, but dont forget the ToS when you decide to disrupt whatever they do.
c. You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe.

You belive somebody afk macro, report or ignore them.
If its interfere with your gameplay, you can call an ingame official to check the situation.

I was wondering why my communication with MA is so complicated when their response seems so kind…

Dude, it's the MA's game and they can always find a suitable public excuse to protect the interest of some marine mammal that is spewing a ton of shit up their ass.

This is understandable to some extent, but mostly what annoys me personally are the threats I receive when I express dissatisfaction... for the investment of my 2 cents. So what you mean can backfire if your target is a sea creature.

Back