serious problem getting started - game freezing

Yirrk

Stalker
Society
Jurai Blood Academy
Yirrkala "Yirrk" Wombarra
Ok so I've got my av all set and I've logged in a bunch of times. Here's the problem though: I get stuck right at the start, coming out of the spaceship. Every single time I log in!
What happens is that everything works OK for like 30 seconds to 45 seconds ( I can walk, jump, etc.) then everything just freezes, and I can't move or do anything at all! I then have to shut down and that takes a longish time to do also. It makes the whole comp lag really bad.
So, why am I freezing up right at the start every time I get to the place to start moving out into the game? It's very frustrating!
Thanks,
Yirrk

try too update ur video card newer driver etc...
and yes would be good too know what kinds off stuff u are using in ur computer...esyer too help u then :D

HP computer A1110y
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900
80GB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive (still free space)
2.5GB RAM
Intel Pentium 4 516 (2.93GHz, 533MHz FSB)

I don't really know what some of this means.

Hope this helps you figure out what's wrong...
Thanks!
Yirrk

It does sound like a memory leak, or some RAM problem, maybe try this if you have the acces to your PC, remove one bone of ram and see what happends, also, after restart try checking your processor temperature in the BIOS *maybe you have damaged cooler or something is just working not right* That Intel you got can generate preety much of heat....

It's preety new PC so i supose it's all clean inside, but check if all fans are working properly...

GL, also try upgrading mainboard, gfx card drivers.

Just some suggestions

intel cards dont work for 99% of the time at pa and other places they are not madwe for graphic games

Yirrk said:
HP computer A1110y
80GB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive (still free space)
2.5GB RAM
Intel Pentium 4 516 (2.93GHz, 533MHz FSB)

I don't really know what some of this means.

Hope this helps you figure out what's wrong...
Thanks!
Yirrk

this computer is wery good...its shud work whit this game BUT u can always try too change the graffic properties when u log in to EU...give it a try :D

Just a thought that maybe perhaps before actually entering entropia, theres a screen where there is an options button, just try turning all the graphics things to the lowest and set your connection speed to the lowest, turn the sound off and try again.

Well, I just turned everything to the lowest setting and the sound and streaming off and went to 16 bit and it still is frozen. Even worse but that might be due to the time of day.

SO might it be the graphics card then?

I'm thinking I might go with Nvidia Geforce 7800 Is that a good one? Would that fix this?

Yirrk said:
Ok so I've got my av all set and I've logged in a bunch of times. Here's the problem though: I get stuck right at the start, coming out of the spaceship. Every single time I log in!
What happens is that everything works OK for like 30 seconds to 45 seconds ( I can walk, jump, etc.) then everything just freezes, and I can't move or do anything at all! I then have to shut down and that takes a longish time to do also. It makes the whole comp lag really bad.
So, why am I freezing up right at the start every time I get to the place to start moving out into the game? It's very frustrating!
Thanks,
Yirrk

It's because you are beggining to play in Port Atlantis and there's a lot of lag so u cant log in. It happened to me once, so I sended a letter to Mindark support and requested my avatar moved to another city with less people and in 2 days I was transported to fort fury. :)

Well, I sent a note to Support and it's logged - I requested to be moved out of Port Atlantis to a less laggy place.

My next thought is: If I'm out & about hunting or whatever, and there's like several mobs nearby, Am I still going to get The Lags and freeze up? If so, I'll likely get killed.

Also, I assume that I won't be able to join a hunting party because several avs nearby will, again, give me The Lags, and I'll be useless and possibly dead by mob attack.

Thoughts anyone?

there is change to freeze yes but port atlantis is very laggy becouse there are like 100 people sometimes more or less selling buying stuff and spamming the chat and moving

Back