News: Server Downtime for Patch

Just stop. The empirical evidence shows that's not the case. If it were there would be more than a fraction of the playerbase going after such content and in fact there would be more players than the measely 5000 (if that) active monthly players there are playing Entropia right now.

Everything you suggest has been tried for years and it's only left the game in a worse position each time. They keep stretching out the top with the added issue of power creep and that's only created the situation you see in real life economies like Japan where there's no new population to replace the old, in part due to declining birth rates and strict immigration which you can say is akin to new players joining and the high cost to play.

If the trend continues you'll be one of the few players left here bag holding everything wondering where it all went wrong. The writing is on the wall. Focusing everything on bringing in and retaining new players is the only strategy that will save Entropia and your investment. Without it you'll have no one to sell loot to. You need a paramid structure of population for this business model to succeed. Currently it's becoming more and more inverted while the economic structure is looking more and more like a true pyramid. This diversion is dangerous.
I don't know why you feel the need to argue over this, you don't even understand what's being asked, what's there and how it works.

No one implied the focus of development should be in this particular way. Everyone wants more players for the game and higher retention. If you are also interested in this, try make some suggestions of what would make YOU keep shooting and shooting harder and not focus on preventing others to shoot. At least that's a healthy way of supporting the game. There shouldn't be any conflict between our suggestions, if anything you should try improve other people's suggestions.

Yes the game is a grinding fest, that's something you learn in discipleship. If its not that, then it's gamble, shoot 5 mobs, get a rare/ATH and call it a day? Grinding is what keeps the game going. And I don't get where you pull empiric data but MA made changes to enhancers, people doubled their input, MA made Mayhems for everyone, evryone started grinding them, MA added bigger weapons many have started cycling 40-50-60k a day., also giving the entire playerbase the opportunity to contribute to tiering these new items. 1% cut from a 50k cyccling avatar is $50 a day. And the number of such avatar grew exponentially in the past few year which made the game grew significantly.

And just so you understand what's being asked about the RDI here, so you stop grieving, it's not actually much development needed, only add a better variant of an existing one, slap some LS and might on it, require more work from us and mats and that's it, a few lines of code. Will keep a few high cyclers busy for a very long time.

I don't know why you feel the need to argue over this, you don't even understand what's being asked, what's there and how it works.
What you are asking for is to create a way for you to release peds stack in the chain.
What others ask to is not to waste time and resources in providing liquidity to a single digit player base and use it in order to provide a content for wider audience.

From a practical standpoint:
Will that new content make more people shoot?

And the answer is: your opinion doesnt matter because you have so much invested in this game that you will shoot no matter what. That’s why it would be more practical to focus on the other, wider group of people till they become as “hooked” as you are. And, after, “liquidate” all of you and them all together.
And the reason why you are trying to pressure the RDI upgrade is to simply get the upper hand in fewer numbers of that group.

Last edited:
your opinion doesnt matter because you have so much invested in this game that you will shoot no matter what

I wouldn't say their opinion doesn't matter, more it is not in MA's best interest to provide updates to that one end-game aspect which only benefits a few who will, as you put it (and I agree) "shoot no matter what".

What MA needs to do, or continue to do, is entice new players to become the next Messi, Evey, and the other ubers as that will affect their bottom-line much more positively than just maintaining the few that remain.

I think we can all basically agree that every aspect of the game needs to be updated and maintained. In my humble opinion though, the focus right now should be in new customer engagement and retention especially with UE5 on the horizon. Let the ubers do what they have been doing for 20 years and as history has shown, will likely continue to do. Bring in new blood that will enjoy the game and STAY in the game to interact with the economy. This would benefit everyone.

I wouldn't say their opinion doesn't matter, more it is not in MA's best interest to provide updates to that one end-game aspect which only benefits a few who will, as you put it (and I agree) "shoot no matter what".
You can say it in a more “polite” way if you wish. Doesnt change the essence.
We seems to agree on the rest.

What you are asking for is to create a way for you to release peds stack in the chain.
What others ask to is not to waste time and resources in providing liquidity to a single digit player base and use it in order to provide a content for wider audience.

From a practical standpoint:
Will that new content make more people shoot?

And the answer is: your opinion doesnt matter because you have so much invested in this game that you will shoot no matter what. That’s why it would be more practical to focus on the other, wider group of people till they become as “hooked” as you are. And, after, “liquidate” them all together.
And the reason why you are trying to pressure the RDI upgrade is to simply get the upper hand in fewer numbers of that group.
Most are valid point, exept the focus part. Everyone says they have the correct answer in regards to where the focus should be. I think focus should be on constant development in all areas and incentivising a group to move to the next bracket is the obvious way to go, as you said, make people advance to end game.

As to the point that my opinion doesn't matter, I understand your view but as long as the feedback is a constructive one, all opinions should matter :)
And no, not really, people at this level don't shoot no matter what, they still need goals People at this level, after mayhems, remove enhancers, take a break, switch to other activities and lower their input. Having strong incentives at any level can only help the game

Most are valid point, exept the focus part. Everyone says they have the correct answer in regards to where the focus should be. I think focus should be on constant development in all areas and incentivising a group to move to the next bracket is the obvious way to go, as you said, make people advance to end game.

As to the point that my opinion doesn't matter, I understand your view but as long as the feedback is a constructive one, all opinions should matter :)
And no, not really, people at this level don't shoot no matter what, they still need goals People at this level, after mayhems, remove enhancers, take a break, switch to other activities and lower their input. Having strong incentives at any level can only help the game
Focus should be in a healthy distribution of those groups.
You can’t have X people in one bracket and 10 times that in the adyacente one.

If opinion has 0 weight for decision making purpose, it’s irrelevant. I’m not trying to belittle people behind those opinions. It’s just how it is for the end result.

Even if you scale down, or you take a break, you are still “hooked”. You will still be actively cycling, or will come to it shortly after. Question is only about how many people can become “hooked” per resource/time spent.

Last edited:
Diversification of what is offered is truly the only long term strategy.
MindArk created a plug in system for planets , and the only developer was NEVERDIE and a few other failed attempts.

Pulling in something unique businesses such as WGT golf planet would be amazing.
Another planet dedicated to shopping for automotive , boating , drones , the options are limitless.

All we need is people putting the idea into those looking for an innovative way to market.

What MA needs to do, or continue to do, is entice new players to become the next Messi, Evey, and the other ubers as that will affect their bottom-line much more positively than just maintaining the few that remain.

I think we can all basically agree that every aspect of the game needs to be updated and maintained. In my humble opinion though, the focus right now should be in new customer engagement and retention especially with UE5 on the horizon. Let the ubers do what they have been doing for 20 years and as history has shown, will likely continue to do. Bring in new blood that will enjoy the game and STAY in the game to interact with the economy. This would benefit everyone.
I think you would be surprised by how much less lots of higher dps players cycle when there are not events or things to grind and push towards. I would very much disagree top dps players will cycle the same no matter what. That extra 60k a day multiplied by even 20 people would take a lot of newer players to cycle. So while I agree the game needs development for new players, it isn't necessarily in MA's interest to just ignore high dps players either.

If opinion has 0 weight for decision making purpose, it’s irrelevant. I’m not trying to belittle people behind those opinions. It’s just how it is for the end result.
Respectfully, I think this argument is very stupid. If a management team decides that client's feedback is irrelevant in comparison to the feedback from people who aren't very ineterested in their product and mostly want to stir shit up and poke for some drama, that's a very incompetent management imo.

Ideas may be good or bad but if they're out there, they can possibly be improved by either community or MA. I always encouraged players to make suggestions public, bring arguments and maybe they end up in the game. I've been making suggestion that I think would make me and others like me shoot more and enjoy the game since I was a nib. Some got into production and I'm happy for those. Stuff like repeatable missions and the autoloot backpack that I'm wearing, expanding SS safe zone in space around CP ad Foma, auctionable shrapnel, daily coats, resto chips, horns in rare HOFs and others. Everyone should make suggestions and those suggestions that get a lot of traction and support from community may be implemented one day.

I understand the "fuck ubers" vibes here but arguing against this suggestion because it's "just for 5 ubers" that shoot anyway is really silly...

I think you would be surprised by how much less lots of higher dps players cycle when there are not events or things to grind and push towards. I would very much disagree top dps players will cycle the same no matter what.

I don't disagree with you here and I'm not trying to single any individual or group out. I'm just of the opinion, that even when the ubers slow down, they still likely cycle more than the current average player.

At the end of the day, the games needs new and returning players. It needs players who deposit and lose their money only to try again. And it needs ubers who are capable of finding (and selling) those big ticket items. But in order to sell those items, once again, it needs players who are willing to stick it out and get to the point where they can actually use that item. An items value is strictly set by what someone else may be willing to pay for it, not what you want to sell it for.

The system breaks without new players striving to push end-game content.

I hope one day that I can become one of those internally self-sustaining ubers, but right now that is an unrealistic goal. Everyone has a place in this game so long as people stick around and keep advancing.

Then they could go live to MA headquarters and do a lan game instead of using online servers. Imagine the money that MA would save. For real, just think about it. :hammer:
They're probably the ones that told MA the UI update was a good idea in it's current form with their "beta test".

Oh wait, they did.

Respectfully, I think this argument is very stupid. If a management team decides that client's feedback is irrelevant in comparison to the feedback from people who aren't very ineterested in their product and mostly want to stir shit up and poke for some drama, that's a very incompetent management imo.

Ideas may be good or bad but if they're out there, they can possibly be improved by either community or MA. I always encouraged players to make suggestions public, bring arguments and maybe they end up in the game. I've been making suggestion that I think would make me and others like me shoot more and enjoy the game since I was a nib. Some got into production and I'm happy for those. Stuff like repeatable missions and the autoloot backpack that I'm wearing, expanding SS safe zone in space around CP ad Foma, auctionable shrapnel, daily coats, resto chips, horns in rare HOFs and others. Everyone should make suggestions and those suggestions that get a lot of traction and support from community may be implemented one day.

I understand the "fuck ubers" vibes here but arguing against this suggestion because it's "just for 5 ubers" that shoot anyway is really silly...
All that is because you are taking it personal.
There is nothing about "fuck ubers". Dont need to victimize yourself.
Your opinion, for this SPECIFIC case is irrelevant because its inconsecuential (for this SPECIFIC case ONLY), for the reasons explained above.

Last edited:
I think you would be surprised by how much less lots of higher dps players cycle when there are not events or things to grind and push towards. I would very much disagree top dps players will cycle the same no matter what. That extra 60k a day multiplied by even 20 people would take a lot of newer players to cycle. So while I agree the game needs development for new players, it isn't necessarily in MA's interest to just ignore high dps players either.
Thats the problem that needs to be fixed. There should be more of those who cycle 30k a day.
Its better, for the game, to have you cycle 100% and some one else to cycle 50%, than making you cycle 150%.

Amazing what a server downtime notification can generate in comments, isn't it? :p
However, I find that sometimes in these 'backwaters' there can also be good discussions, so I read them too.

On focus: I see attempts to include farming of mats by anybody as a necessary activity for ubers to get their hands on top stuff more quickly than even they can do alone. That would be the epic pet set of token missions on Cyrene and apparently whatever is happening at RDI, but I know next to nothing about what is required for the whole RDI thing, nor how realistic gathering by various player levels is.

Thus, given the very wide content we potentially have, maybe ubers and MA could focus a bit more on advising other players where and how to make 'use' of their time?

There should be more of those who cycle 30k a day.
If you add enough quality high end content such as RDI and proper incentivization they will be more.
Add 2 ped mission on monria people will stay there for 20 years collect 2 ped each day with 0 progress.

If you add enough quality high end content such as RDI and proper incentivization they will be more.
Add 2 ped mission on monria people will stay there for 20 years collect 2 ped each day with 0 progress.
What you are describing is a sand timer shape distribution. With a lot of 2 ped noobs on the bottom and a lot of ubers on the top.
Because those are the only places you are focusing your retention on. But there is a massive void in between.

What Evey wants is: a bottle type distribution, where everyone is clumped below in a relatively small body and there is a long and thin neck till the top of the chain. Faster you advance to the next level, thinner and lengthier it becomes.

What im saying is a pyramid type distribution. Not less than X% population between the groups. Filling that "middle" class void.

Why?
Those who run 2 ped dailies dont spend money on this game.
Ubers? I hope you managed to be sustainable at that point.
Whos left? (rhetorical)

P.S. for all those that want to lecture me about how MA gets money from cycling peds, and not deposits, please remember: there is nothing to cycle if there is nothing left from what has been deposited before.

Last edited:
Im all for game development in all areas, although i do think retention in lower levels needs to be heavily addressed and a solid solution to be sorted by mindark as this game has so much untapped potential it hurts to still see still after 2 decades ingame.

player numbers sub 10k even in events? (not including alts aka family members ect). I dont want to believe that we have to wait for unreal 5 to be pumped out and all its bug fixes it will create before we get any kind of core fixes and patches to make the game interactive and less a solo afk fest.

More content is great and all but lets fix all the shit thats been piled up and tried to be forgotten about, all the promises that have been told and undelivered. Dreams that have been sold and bought by the players only to have been delivered subpar quality by a company thats been in buisness for 24 years.

Diversification of what is offered is truly the only long term strategy.
MindArk created a plug in system for planets , and the only developer was NEVERDIE and a few other failed attempts.

Pulling in something unique businesses such as WGT golf planet would be amazing.
Another planet dedicated to shopping for automotive , boating , drones , the options are limitless.

All we need is people putting the idea into those looking for an innovative way to market.
if MA managed to get their act together in terms of quality and follow-through, and really put their energy into a platform that engaged creators and IP-holders to make theme park worlds, they could make mega bucks. think something in between what is possible now and something more dynamic and approachable like Roblox

for all the problem people have with ND, what he tried to do with RT (Universal/Kong/The Thing, Lemmy, the musician crossovers) was inspired and with the right support might have really went somewhere

Last edited:
Back