Server Downtime For Release

btw Rocktropia will not be changed or? That sucks if I am correct. -.-

No, since this is a MA/FPC update there shouldnt be any change there...

My bet is instead that at least 50% of people complaining about missions still won't know that it is FPC, and not MA, that does missions.

and 50% of the whiners will still not have actually tried the missions, just heard from others, read about it, or guessed/made assumptions :rolleyes:

I predict 2 different threads.

1 - I've done all the missions in one day. Now what?

2 - OMG - FPC made missions that I can't do because I don't have the amror/weapons/skills! Why do I need to be uber to do all the missions!!!

2. might be possible, as they said they'll give missions for all types of players, some will be too difficult for the non-übers. But there will be around 80 missions today (if they didn't change that) and more in future updates, so I think this will keep us busy for quite a while, not many 1- complaints in the next days :D

Many new missions are a great move for newcomers and keep old runners ingame. Hopefully something old will be re-established, like beacons, mentoring or pets....
Let's see what it will bring :) .

Hi,

received from an escaped MA hamster, unhappily caught by my trusty Mr. He-Cat, after undergoing serious interrogation utilizing minor threats like open fire, Mr. He-Cat's jaw and some pool of sulphuric acid, I'm able to transmit the following information now:

• There will be loot again. MA just forgot to implement, in the last VU, to adjust the loot values to the costs of gaining such.
  • The egg (Ahhhhh .....) will finally find a reason-to-exist. Atrox queen egg omelet will be a vital part in the crafting of Weapon Pink Glowing Enhancers, whose BP's are now ready to loot.
  • New participants will now start with values of "-10" in every attribute, and skill gains have been further reduced to reflect the added difficulty to grow up in such a hostile environment.
    This means especially skills up to a profession level of 80, until where the difficulty grows double logarithmically now - beyond this limit skill gains have been made a lot faster to make it more easy for MA employed cleaning ladies, custodians, managers and recognized fanboiz to make a living of their employment, selling their skills.

Just a question, what to do with a hamster that has told you all you'd like to know? Roast, cook, fry? Live ain't easy ...

Have fun!

Hi,
Just a question, what to do with a hamster that has told you all you'd like to know? Roast, cook, fry? Live ain't easy ...

I heard there's a nice retirement home over the rainbow bridge :D

[*]New participants will now start with values of "-10" in every attribute, and skill gains have been further reduced to reflect the added difficulty to grow up in such a hostile environment.

Wouldn't that make them:

1) Dead (-10 health)
2) Unable to move even if not dead (-10 agility)

? :silly2:

Missions and Beacons common papa needs a new house............

Crap sake eyes.!!!!!!!!!

This means especially skills up to a profession level of 80, until where the difficulty grows double logarithmically now - beyond this limit skill gains have been made a lot faster to make it more easy for MA employed cleaning ladies, custodians, managers and recognized fanboiz to make a living of their employment, selling their skills.
[/LIST]

Dark stuff in the conspiracy world, have you shagged the cleaning lady for this inside info :)

what? for what's good stamina? (difference between old players and those not so old?)

Stamina contributes to HP, so old players got a advantage in HP :eyecrazy:

What time you make it? Times up! Ready to rock and roll :p

what? for what's good stamina? (difference between old players and those not so old?)

Old players started with 9 stamina, new players start with 1 stamina... Stamina directly influnces Health, by quite a lot :)

You forgot, "missions are to hard", "missions are to easy", where are all the missions for mid lvl players", "why is there no team missions", "wherea re all the team mission"

There will always be a reason :D

I'm planning "All my hunting spots have been ruined by people doing stupid missions :("

he he its done!!

Now downloading ..........

EDIT: Download completed in 2 minutes! Woot!

Last edited:
smooth download

I'm planning "All my hunting spots have been ruined by people doing stupid missions :("

Then we need someone to do one for mining spots too :scratch2:

And someone to complain to MindArk (who has nothing to do with the missions at this stage) about how there are no missions on RockTropia :silly2:

I am in! Mission terminal in front of me outside the Fort Troy Service center!

Im scared of the download :eek:. I hope I am able to get this thing downloaded with ease. Every dam update I have issues downloading. It sucks being in the Middle East with Wireless Internet :(

The download was pretty quick and smooth. It only took approximately 2 minutes to download and another 1 minute or so to install.

;)

PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2010.2
2010-04-21

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

NEW FEATURES

More than 80 new missions: Now that we have a powerful mission engine, we have to use it! We have built more than 80 new missions for your enjoyment. 20 of these explore the nature of the Cyclops volcano and its inhabitants, especially the robots. The choices you make here will greatly influence your experience, as no single avatar will be exposed to each and every available mission - so chose your path carefully.

Then there are more than 60 missions in the Iron Challenge, a series of hunting missions for sorting the warriors from the wimps.

Estate development: The mobile outposts that were ordered by some land owners have been delivered.

RESETTLEMENT UPDATE

Calypso Firearms Association organizes a series of hunting challenges, in order to raise awareness of firearms issues.

CFA Iron Challenge staff can be found on the following locations:

Camp Phoenix, just north of the teleporter.
Outpost near the swamp west of Port Athena.
The Junkyard Bar in Fort Fury.
Outpost north-east of Fort Ithaca.
Outpost north of Fort Troy.
Outpost south-east of Jason Center.
At the gate to Camp Echidna.
Outpost south of Fort Argus, near PvP border.
Outpost south of the Oil Rig.
Service container in Minopolis.
Outpost west of Fort Zeus.
Two independent expeditions have departed for Cyclops crater in order to make scientific studies of the robots in the area. One is a corporate study sponsored by Genesis Star, while the other is an academic study from the University of Valhalla on Jupiter’s moon Callisto. They can be reached through the mission terminal in Fort Troy.

Scientists studying the Proteron species have reported a setback due to the disappearance of all of their research materials and samples.

FIXED ISSUES
Terrain issues

Sound of the Cyclops-Fort Troy area have been customized.
Several terrain issues fixed
Fixed indoors vegetation in Genesis building.
Fixed some lake issues
Building issues

Bank Neverdie hall lighting and shop issues resolved
Fixed missing name on teleporter in CND control room 2
Fixed missing names on CND Dome teleporters
Fixed geometry issues in Treasure Island castle
Object issues

Resolved issue with missing textures on Jamora shelf and Eqalisa shelf
Fixed issues with metal tree making it possible for character and resources to spawn inside.
Quest issues

Fixed typos in tutorial quest
Swamp Camp mission broker is no longer hovering
Estate issues

Fixed estate terminal issues of Port Atlantis mall
Fixed issues with some shops in Port Atlantis mall
Global adscreens in Twin Peaks mall are no longer mirrored.
Fixed issue with OLA 28 teleporter
Fixed shop issues
Fixed issue with revival terminal on OLA16
Miscellaneous issues

Moved revive terminals at the Swamp Camp to the outside.
Loot boxes on the CPSS creatures Aurli and Kretlin have been expanded.
CPSS has a new land management terminal placed near teleporter.
KNOWN ISSUES

The mission terminal in Fort Troy lists some missions even after you have accepted those missions.
In the mission “For discreet applicants only”, you cannot talk to Mr Book as long as you have any Genesis Star missions active. Complete the Genesis Star missions, and you should be able to talk to Mr Book.
In the mission “Investigate the contents of a crate”, the crate dialogue loops and you cannot read the end of the dialogue. The mission will still progress if you close the dialogue, but you will miss the end of the crate dialogue. This issue will be fixed in a patch in a day or two.
There are some problems with environment sounds. This issue will be fixed in a patch in a day or two.

I am in! Mission terminal in front of me outside the Fort Troy Service center!

tell us more, give pictures, what missions are there?

damn you wooork! :cussing:

Back