Server Downtime for Release

Tomorrow our servers will be temporarily unavaliable while we implement Entropia Universe Release 11.10. Estimated patch size is 410 MB .

The servers will be taken down at 2011-05-17 07:00 UTC, and we estimate a downtime of 180 minutes.

Zooooooomg

Last edited:
410 MB?!?! :eyecrazy:

finished hangars? space? whaaat? :D

Decoy problem.

wooot

woot

very curious what this may be, although I won't be able to check it out from the beach holiday close to Spain :yay:
2 years ago I took my full gaming rig with me, but this year I brought our newborn :scratch2:

This is procrastination patch number 114. To avoid doing work on old systems the design team have designed a new mountain range for calypso with some detailed work on waterfalls and bridges. Of note is a collection of very detailed pebbles which took about 4 months to do....
Oh and they adjusted the skin texture quality of Atrox and improved client stability! :laugh:

This is procrastination patch number 114. To avoid doing work on old systems the design team have designed a new mountain range for calypso with some detailed work on waterfalls and bridges. Of note is a collection of very detailed pebbles which took about 4 months to do....
Oh and they adjusted the skin texture quality of Atrox and improved client stability! :laugh:

:mad: Grrr You have spoiled the surprise now:lolup:

2 years ago I took my full gaming rig with me, but this year I brought our newborn :scratch2:

made me laugh. ;) Enjoy your stay in spain then and let us moan about the bugs that will be introduced in this release.
Well seriously will be interesting to see what the release brings... the specs of it look like it will be something bigger than the last (few) maybe.

lolz @ procrastination work done :lolup:

You're all wrong. After this update we will be able to tame beacons!

its 11.10 = some new feature otherwise it would be 11.9.8? right

I doubt it will be space, I suspect such a update will be a major vu, vu12 or so, but we shall see

EDIT : i checked VU 11.0 was rocktropia

VU 9.0 = new avatars
VU 10.0 = CE2
VU 11.0 = ROCKTROPIA
VU 12.0 = SPACE

I agree 11.10 wont be space more like makeup system or such

Vu 11 was the first new planet, launch of the platform setup etc with some other bits

who remembers what happened in VU11.0 ? that was major? was it planet partners?

VU 9.0 = new avatars
VU 10.0 = CE2
VU 11.0 = ?
VU 12.0 = SPACE

I agree 11.10 wont be space more like makeup system or such

VU11 = Rocktropia (the first new planet outside the Calypsian system)

Oh and to save you looking up Entropedia:
11.1 = return of Mindforce
11.2 = vehicles
11.3 = voicechat
11.4 = major change to tiering
11.5 = waypoints
11.6 = Genesis starting area
11.7 = Achievement system
11.8 = Fort Events
11.9 = Mining claims on radar

Most of these were totally unexpected when introduced.

Last edited:
It was also the launch of the new client loader setup for multiple planets

I doubt it will be space, I suspect such a update will be a major vu, vu12 or so, but we shall see

Well, VU12.0 should be Arkadia, shouldn’t it. :scratch2:

I can’t imagine, really, they’ll be putting up Space and Arkadia simultaneously. Otherwise, expect some bugfest of the twenty-fourth kind.

Well, VU12.0 should be Arkadia, shouldn’t it. :scratch2:

I can’t imagine, really, they’ll be putting up Space and Arkadia simultaneously. Otherwise, expect some bugfest of the twenty-fourth kind.

well they didn't have a major release number for Next Island so i doubt it will be Arkadia most prolly 11.11

Ido

well they didn't have a major release number for Next Island so i doubt it will be Arkadia most prolly 11.11

Ido

may be they consider next island smaller than arkadia

Clearly, this is the new PA dance school where your avatar can learn new dance moves for a few peds each...

Rocktropia was a major release because it was the launch of the platform.

And FYI, at release next island was bigger

Interesting.
  • Arkadia is not launching yet
  • NI said "June content release"
  • RT and Calypso just had a boatload of changes
  • Taming is Q4, as MA said
  • IMHO too early for space, but you never know

so what the heck will it be? :scratch2:

que sera sera ;)

I just hope there is some bugfixes in the release somewhere too :) It would be nice to be able to do some shopping without the need to relog 2 times for each item you wanna buy.. lol

Something new, something old, and some bugfixes, and i'm happy :)

410MB, must be content. I doubt it will be space though since they just did there very first
statment about it.

Maybe its spaceships/ss bps ... perhaps they have a long production time for spaceships in mind
and want us to begin before space arrives :D.

Cheers!
Zweshi

Forgetting this last year or two ma are known for making statements about new systems and previews when their just around the corner.

The old vu previews for example, and how ma suddenly threw vu 10 on us out of the blue.

Anything Marco said before doesn't count.

Back