Server load - when not to play?

deanie

Old
Society
Freelancer
I have noticed that at some times during the day the server/s grind very slowly. Is there any statistics or graphs of peak play times and low play times?

I would prefer to play during low times. Any suggestions?

PS: UTC times if possible please so that everyone can understand, thankyou

Deaine

what the hell is UTC times? Usually the world uses the GMT timeline...

There is no such graphs, but i can tell you this... the peak time for each country differs, because the timezones differ... This is a global game, thats the problem.

If you experience problems in one area/server, just move to a different one and it will all be sorted. Usually PA and Twin are pretty loaded, but Twin is better than PA for me... in general, i try to avoid both areas :)

UTC and GMT time is the same just another word for it

when the server is the biggest well that will be when the most ppl are free from work and be able to play.

Most ppl playing this game will still be from europe so in the evening and the weekends UTC/GMT it will be the busiest

I guess I will sit in PA or TP for 24 hours and see when the numbers are highest.

Thanks for the responses :)

Deanie

I learned something new :)

Usually Sundays arent so busy... thats all i know for sure :)

good luck!

GMT = Greenwich Mean Time

UTC = Coordinated Universal Time. the term that replaced GMT for civil use

UT or UT1 is an astronomical time measurement, and can vary from UTC by as much as .9 seconds.

I think overall server load can be determined by a population study at Port Atlantis. I suspect there is a coorelation between total players in game and users there.

source for tech data on UTC: http://aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/UT.html

Heavy server loads can be fun!

I got two tps when a server went down... when the server goes down, if you do manage to log on, it may give you an option to go to another server... which means in game, you might get thrown across the world to a new tp you haven't found yet... same sort of thing happens if you enter an even zone and don't have a ticket... lots of people get omegatron tp after getting kicked out of an even at neas this way... I think they may fix this eventually since lots of people are complaining as a while ago tons of people did this and ended up stuck on CND - they didn't pay to get there and now didn't have the peds to get home, so they bitched about it...

OUCH!

Thats bad luck 0_0

I just hope if something like that happens to me i dont go to CND :D

Back