Question: Shadow(tier2) vs Supremacy

Shadow(tier2) vs. Supremacy

• Shadow tier2

Votes: 42 25.6%
  • Supremacy

Votes: 122 74.4%

• Total voters
Maybe we're missing the obvious here. But you can also add durability enhanchers. I have no personal experience with them so I can't comment if they are good or not.

Having 11 points acid or 12 electric isnt really important when chosing between these two, it just adds to the decay. And many shadow/supremacy owners have the HP and fap to match their armor. 11 points acid or 9 points cold isnt really an issue.

Neither, I'm not that rich. :laugh:
BTW, and slightly offtopic, what has been your experience with them? (The enhancers) Do they get spent completely randomly or there's more or less an average rate to be expected per hunt?

Like all enhancers, the armor ones decay randomly on use. They decay so seldom (I burn 1-3 in a full day of hunting) that their cost is less than 1% of total armor cost on any given day.

Maybe we're missing the obvious here. But you can also add durability enhanchers. I have no personal experience with them so I can't comment if they are good or not.

Having 11 points acid or 12 electric isnt really important when chosing between these two, it just adds to the decay. And many shadow/supremacy owners have the HP and fap to match their armor. 11 points acid or 9 points cold isnt really an issue.

I've had good luck using dura enhancers when tiering up L hermes. Didn't lose a single enhancer while getting to high tiers and killing thousands of mission mobs.

Yes, having the "side" protection on suprem costs you even when you are not using it. Untiered shadow will decay rougly 30% less than suprem. This can add up to thousands of ped each month for a hunter like me.

I own t-bird, viking and gremlin+mayhem. If I need to hunt a mob that does those damages, I can don those suits.

For any durability below 10,000, the effect of durability enhancers is almost not noticeable (0.1-0.5% or something like that), depending on the amount of damage absorbed and the base durability. The enhancers add 10% of the base amount, which is an extra 520 on supremacy as compared to 500 on shadow.

According to entropedia, a 115 soak on shadow with 5000 durability is 16.972 pec decay, while only 16.882 with one durability enhancer (0.5% saved). Tier 10 shadow with durability enhancers would decay 16.078 pec (5.3% saved).

However, when you get to the higher durability armours such as rutuba, which have over 14000 durability, you can notice a much larger saving. A 122 damage hit on rutuba with 15200 durability is 13.603 pec decay, while at tier 1 it's 12.509 pec decay (8.7% saved, pending the formula is correct for durabilities outside of tested values)

Shadow looks better, and you can take the (cheap) enhancers off to make it more eco....

Also, Shadow looks better... ;)

Yes, having the "side" protection on suprem costs you even when you are not using it. Untiered shadow will decay rougly 30% less than suprem. This can add up to thousands of ped each month for a hunter like me.

The extra protection just adds to the minimum decay number. You should not have a problem where you are paying more because of the higher minimum decay hunting anything you should be hunting in supremacy. If supremacy costs more it will only be because it is protecting more. If it is not protecting more it will actually have slightly less decay because of it's higher durability (not really noticeable though).

sup... for the cold, elec , acid and no enh

The extra protection just adds to the minimum decay number. You should not have a problem where you are paying more because of the higher minimum decay hunting anything you should be hunting in supremacy. If supremacy costs more it will only be because it is protecting more. If it is not protecting more it will actually have slightly less decay because of it's higher durability (not really noticeable though).

After several days and many hunts at prots I can tell you that my supremacy shins are consistently more expensive to repair than my tier2 shadow arms. But enough stories, here is the data:

SUPREM
plate decay: 0.35
armor decay: 1.99

SHADOW TIER2:
plate decay: 0.3
armor decay: 1.05

To achieve a direct comparison we simply observe the plate decay to discover that in this short test the supremacy shins were hit 116.7% more times.

When we multiply the shadow decay of 1.05 by 1.167 we get 1.225.

1.225 < 1.99

Assuming negligent enhancer costs, I can firmly assert to you that tier 2 shadow is cheaper to use than untiered supremacy when hunting at the prot spawn.

This is probably explained by the prots doing some acid damage.

However, I'm very skeptical of entropedia listing prot damage at 50% acid.

Last edited:
However, I'm very skeptical of entropedia listing prot damage at 50% acid.

Doesn't seem to be any data published on it so could do with some further testing I think. But pretty certain they do some acid damage, and doesn't take too much before all the Sup acid protection is surpassed.

I don't think you can really cite 'less decay' without establishing how much extra protection you're getting for it tbh. Might not matter so much if you're using Mod/Imp Fap but for anyone else it would be relevant.

For any durability below 10,000, the effect of durability enhancers is almost not noticeable (0.1-0.5% or something like that), depending on the amount of damage absorbed and the base durability. The enhancers add 10% of the base amount, which is an extra 520 on supremacy as compared to 500 on shadow.

According to entropedia, a 115 soak on shadow with 5000 durability is 16.972 pec decay, while only 16.882 with one durability enhancer (0.5% saved). Tier 10 shadow with durability enhancers would decay 16.078 pec (5.3% saved).

However, when you get to the higher durability armours such as rutuba, which have over 14000 durability, you can notice a much larger saving. A 122 damage hit on rutuba with 15200 durability is 13.603 pec decay, while at tier 1 it's 12.509 pec decay (8.7% saved, pending the formula is correct for durabilities outside of tested values)

Yeah, spot on.

The decay formula changes at 10000 durability, giving significant extra savings to L armours. It's doubtful there's any benefit in using durability enhancers on any UL armour. Likewise, it's craziness not to use them on any L armour.

And yes, we do need to test the formula for really high values. I'm slowly working a high durability armour piece up to tier 10, I'll check the decay formula on it in due course.

I take supremacy, I like the look off it :)

Back